LS Pagan Tarot - Temperance

MareSaturni

This card has a picture very similar to The Wheel, and has a computer, just like it. The difference is that here you are facing the girl, so you can't see what's in the computer.

Anyway, the girl is sitting, looking something that could be concentration or boredom. With her left hand, she's drawing on the air something that looks like the symbol of the infinite. Magic, perhaps?
Her room is filled with modern things - telephone, computer, papers etc. - and also things of her religion - there's a big picture of pentagram on the wall behind her; on her desk, there's a statue of a goddess.

We don't see any angel trying to measure, to turn two different elements into one. But we see her mixing things that apparently can't walk together - the modern world and the old path. She's surrounded my techology that could help her, but she stills uses the magic.

That's more or less what i see, but i must say this card has a complicated symbolism. I drew it as my daily card and i am having a hard time at studying it alone.

Any insights about this card?
(yes, i'm somewhat trying to bring this group back to life)

~Yuko

sharpchick

The symbol the Seeker is tracing in the air is the cosmic lemniscate, a symbol of infinity.

For me, the card is about balance of the temporal and the spiritual. We must, by necessity, pay attention to worldly things, like making a living. But if we let those things consume us, we squeeze all the spiritual out of our lives and fail to give it the space it requires to flourish. I think the Seeker is aware of this, as well as the fact that this has been, and always will (or should) be, a consideration for each of us.

annik

My first thought seeing the card was balance. There is the computer, the phone, some papers, the statue, water in a glass and she is making the lemiscate sign. She also seems to be up do date in her work because she don't have a ton of paper on her desk. She is in control of her work.

MareSaturni

annik said:
She is in control of her work.

Interesting...as is the angel in the traditional deck - totally i ncontrol with what is going in the vessels.

Thanks for bringing this up! Hadn't thought about it!

~Yuko