Faery Wicca - The Seeker

siouxj73

0 - Cuardaitheoir, The Seeker.

An individual with 3 faces (one male, 2 female) is walking along a path with her (I'll use this pronoun for simplicity's sake) over her shoulder. She has reached a crossroads. At her feet are 7 Leprachauns, who are tugging her legs and pulling her in different directions. On the path is a rock with an inverted triangle.

One of the paths leads to a stone circle, and there is a feather on the path in this direction.

I've been looking to see if I can find any sort of relational myth for this card but can't locate one anywhere. From my searches Cuardaitheoir is simply gaelic for "the seeker" rather than being someone's name.

I also find it interesting that this correlation has been made for this card (normally the fool) as I generally would relate the title of the Seeker to the Hermit.

My take on this card is that when we begin on the path we a filled with good intentions, but don't really know exactly where to start, or which direction to head in. There will be many contradictory voices happy to give us advice, and we must be careful to follow those that lead us to our goal or desired destination, rather than away from it.

From the book:

Time to visit the wilderness and reconnect with the soul of nature. A new journey is at hand ... a true initiation is at hand, but first you must enter the labyrinth of the mind and find your heart.

CelticGirl

This is a very interesting card.....I'm also not too sure where this comes from within Celtic mythology if any..... The only thing that comes to mind would be the triple goddess, but the fact that there is a mans face and it doesn't go in the 3 phases of maiden, mother and crone obviously makes me think otherwise.

I would definately think this card represents decision making. The 3 faces could represent different aspects of a person, the wee folks could represent troubles, happiness, obsticles, and expreiences along the way and of course the crossroads.