What are you awaiting in the mail?

Annabelle

Well, here I was, about to post and say I'm not waiting for anything right now (since 4 decks arrived yesterday!!), but then I remembered that I just bought the Infinite tarot from ros, and she'll be mailing it off to me sometime this week. :)

And I'm waiting for a second round of tarot bags from Tarot Totes; I couldn't resist making another order from them while their 50% off clearance sale is still going on. :D

Summerdream

I'm waiting for an Alchemical Tarot I won from Ebay for $61 and one of Chronata's Midnight Masquerade decks. I also placed a large order for the 50% Tarot Totes and am awaiting those too:)

Summerdream

zazen

Paronoia

Does anyone else have paranoia about paying over the www.

If so how do you go about paying?

peaceful zazen,
Tim

gregory

Janilley said:
As if we need any encouraging...!! Where do I sign up and when do we sit..?!?!

Jan :)
There's a thread here somewhere. I have been to embarrassed to show up to meetings for a while - and I started it ! :| IT has been responsible for some serious enabling..... (WHERE IS MY NEW STAR............)

gregory

zazen said:

peaceful zazen,
Tim
Depends. I do have a small degree of paranoia - so
1) I have a credit card I ONLY use for that purpose. If it ever gets hacked I will just close it. (My card issuer has so far refunded both PayPalled items that never showed up - one lost in the mail, as admitted by USMail who still have not compensated the seller, and one with a seller who became seriously ill and ended up in hospital.) I find that the chargeback option with PayPal works pretty well !
2) If I am seriously dubious about using my card, I use Western Union or BidPay.
3) If it's someone I trust and PayPal is a problem for them, I send :shhh: cash. Well disguised.
4) If it is someone here, the other option that works for quite a few is a credit note with Tarotgarden or Alida....

la-luna

Well i did it again i tried to wait at least one week before buying new decks but i gave in and ordered 3 at once (giving in for 1 or 3 is the same thing but the reward when holding them is bigger with 3 :) )

The World Spirit Tarot
Buckland Romani Tarot
CD - Tarot

firefrost

I'm waiting for Tarot of Prague
Madame Endora's Fortune cards
Sola Busca

I'm also waiting for Ric to tell us that Lo Scarabeo's 2006 decks are ready and waiting for us...!!

Annabelle

zazen said:

peaceful zazen,
Tim
When I first started buying online (about 4 years ago) I was nervous. But as I've never had a problem in all that time, I've relaxed about it.

I usually pay via PayPal when I'm buying on eBay or from people here. I only have one credit card - a Visa check card that draws from my bank account - which I use at sites that take credit but not PayPal. (I have my PayPal set up to draw directly from my bank account.) I've also paid through BidPay, by regular money order, and by concealed cash before.

The bottom line is that I am careful . . . if a web site looks thrown together and it isn't clear to me who runs the site, then I won't buy from it. If an eBay seller has a poor feedback rating, I won't buy from her/him. Etc. etc.

Cheers,
Annabelle

gregory

....... and if an e-bay seller has feedback from someone here, you PM them and ask how it went ! - Hi Annabelle ! :D I believe yours with my "known dealer" went well, for instance !