Citrine

Sienna

My Citrine crystal arrived today :) It was advertised as being the natural kind, i.e not heat treated. The thing that intrigues me about it is that is cool to the touch definately cooler than room temperature - is this possible? or my imagination? I am not very experienced with crystals this is my first one, other than a moonstone I have which is smaller than the citrine and not as cold. When I hold it in my hands it still stays cool, but when I hold a wine glass for the same length of time that gets warm!

Am feeling a bit weird now! (but in a good way)

Ruby7

Hi Sienna,

Congratulations on the arrival of your citrine crystal.

Most crystals do feel cool to the touch, if you wear it against your skin for a while you will notice that it warms up and can become quite hot. Different crystals will warm up at different rates (conduction of heat/energy) so I'm not surprised that your moonstone feels different.

Hope you continue to enjoy it!

All the best,
Ruby7

Little Eagle

Unfortunatly so much Citrine is treated Amethyst, that you have to go on intuition or a good stockist at the time. The only difference between citrine and Amethyst is the amount of Iron at the time of inception. My natural citrine is almost like a smoky see through yellow. The weird feeling will be the crystal's centering properties and the release of karmic baggage but that's a thread on iit's own

Namaste

Tarotphelia

Hi Sienna ,

It is absolutely right for real stones to be very very cold. In fact, this is one way to tell if you are getting the real thing. For example, when buying a real stone necklace it will be much colder than glass , and plastic will be warmer than both.