Any help for quick question?

huredriel

On my *portrait* at astro.com ....... at the very bottom there is a list of *major aspects* ...... 16 in fact! ..... are these the ones that occurred at the time of birth?

Many thanks in advance
x Huredriel

dadsnook2000

Your chart

Your chart is a natal chart (as shown on the link you provided) so the major aspects noted in the graphical table (conjunctions, oppositions, trines and squares) number about 20 in all. You would need to run a transit chart or look up positions from an ephemeris to get other types of aspects.

For example, next week you Sun will transit your IC angle, in two days your Moon will transit that angle (having just passed an opposition to its natal position), next Tuesday Mercury will transit the IC, Mars is approaching an opposition to your natal Neptune (with which it has no natal contact so this may not affect you strongly), Jupiter has passed a square to your MC (about two weeks ago), Saturn has been backing up over your natal Mars (can you get yourself in gear these days?), Uranus is opposing your natal Mercury (are other people doing and saying the things you wanted to? Are you attracted to a strange person, a "dutch uncle" who has an influence upon you?), and Neptune is living at your IC giving you doubts, inspiration and maybe uncertainty over some former treasures. Oh, well, its an active chart right now, isn't it? Dave

huredriel

OK so I take it that's a yes to my question? :D

dadsnook2000 said:
Your chart is a natal chart (as shown on the link you provided) so the major aspects noted in the graphical table (conjunctions, oppositions, trines and squares) number about 20 in all. You would need to run a transit chart or look up positions from an ephemeris to get other types of aspects.
Beginner here, still learning ..... and the only reason I know they're aspects is because it says so at the bottom ....... I still can't tell much from an actual chart drawing.

For example, next week you Sun will transit your IC angle, in two days your Moon will transit that angle (having just passed an opposition to its natal position), next Tuesday Mercury will transit the IC, Mars is approaching an opposition to your natal Neptune (with which it has no natal contact so this may not affect you strongly), Jupiter has passed a square to your MC (about two weeks ago),
Ohhhhhhh I'm at a loss as to what these mean!

Saturn has been backing up over your natal Mars (can you get yourself in gear these days?), Uranus is opposing your natal Mercury (are other people doing and saying the things you wanted to? Are you attracted to a strange person, a "dutch uncle" who has an influence upon you?), and Neptune is living at your IC giving you doubts, inspiration and maybe uncertainty over some former treasures. Oh, well, its an active chart right now, isn't it? Dave
No to all of these apart from the getting self in gear ...... that's been a problem for a long time ....... oh well ........ lots more to learn I guess ...... why can't it be as flowing as tarot *wrinkles forehead* grrrrrrrrr

Thanks for answering anyway :)

dadsnook2000

For huredriel

Tarot is indeed so much easier and quicker than astrology to learn -- at least to get to the point where you can do a competent reading. Astrology is a very rich symbolic language, the symbols are not so "obvious" as a card image, but they are very well described in the many books written about astrology, mythology and the development of western thought over the past thousand plus years -- plus the input of othr cultures and times. So, there is indeed a lot to learn.

As for me not explaining all of the activity in your chart -- if you wish to study astrology then you have to make a committed effort over a period of time. There is no quick route to knowledge here. Quick answers require a chart reading -- actually a reading of several types of charts. So, I made some comments without taking the time to study your chart, they may or may not be appropriate but hopefully they might lead you to some study.

As you learn about astrology keep in mind that any individual planet/symbol can have multiple meanings. This requires synthesis on your part and the use of those symbols/meanings that relate to what you are look for. Symbols tend to express themselves on several levels. For example, your transiting Neptune at your IC angle might: 1) for your overall life during this period bring you both a sense of idealism as well as some confusion over what your goals are, 2) for day to day efforts you may feel quite inspired about projects that involve creativity, 3) relative to studies and education, you may focus more on religous, mythical, theatrical, dramatic topics if appropriate, 4) for health issues you might note issues of concern in the lower lungs or middle abdomen, or have a poor energy level, 5) for social situations you may find a number of mystical, theatrical or people of uncertain ethics coming into your life, and 6) attitudes and perceptions may be overly influenced by fantasy, over sensitivity, self-deception. These are all typical of how Neptune could emerge into your life -- but all of this is subject also to the influence of other planets that contact Neptune from time to time and then pass on into other areas of your chart.

I don't want to scare you about astrology's complexity, you have to learn to keep it simple. That is what the Planet Series threads are all about, keeping our use of symbology both simple and effective. Dave.

wizzle

Huredriel,

Astrology is definetly not as flowing as Tarot. For one thing, there isn't much to look at except a bunch of squiggles in a circle. I think it's nearly impossible to learn astrology without reading at least a few books.

huredriel

LOL ...... thanks Dave and Wizzle ....... I didn't mean for you to interpret any of my chart Dave :eek: ...... so my question wasn't very precise ...... I'm trying to start with the very very basics (God I feel in total dunce mode) ...... so when I go to astro I can understand what certain things mean ...... and then hopefully build up from there ..... so at the bottom of the portrait section of the natal chart is specified major aspects .... which I took to mean those that occurred at time of birth ..... I'm afraid it is taking some time for this to all sink in. Enjoying the planet series .... giving me lots to think about ....... just get confused when it suddenly seems *technical* :D

dadsnook2000

Don't worry . . .

huredriel, don't worry about the questions. Just plunge in. The whole process is self-correcting as you go along. We are all here to help, and will help. The effort on your part is all that is required. Take it all one step at a time. Dave.

wizzle

H....

If you entered the time and place of your birth at astro.com, the horoscope you got is your natal chart. And yes, it shows where the planets were when you popped out into the world. The lines in the wheel are supposed to help you pick out the major aspects between the planets. And the list shows these aspects as well, but in a different format.

Maybe some discussions sound technical to you because there is sooooo much jargon in astrology. A good book will sort that out for you very quickly and you'll feel far more comfortable. Come to think of it, Tarot doesn't have jargon, does it? Maybe that's why it's so much more accessible.

dadsnook2000

Good point, Wizzle

Yes, jargon is really a tough thing to deal with. I call it "astro-babble". You often find those who have reached some competency level in astrology, but not a counseling level, engage in astro-babble -- the detriment placement of Pincus, squareing the rulership of Chaos which is also conjuct by house but not by sign means needed adjustments are affected by several arabian parts." Who really knows what that stuff means? I try to avoid this by saying flat out what the planet-placement or aspect means in every day language. This may put me out on a limb in terms of being so specific, but if the statement more or less fits the situation then I have helped. If I'm wrong -- well, I have no pride. I'd rather try and be wrong than not try -- or commit astro-babble. Dave.

huredriel

LOL .... I know exactly what you mean ..... *astro-babble* grrrrr ..... well I went back to astro because of the planet series to see what aspect my sun and moon were at ....... sextile apparently 7-05 .... and if I remember rightly sextile is good ..... as in harmonious :) .... at the moment I'm still trying to remember exactly what the planets are representative of ..... and what the houses mean ..... let's just say astro is on my favourites list at work! :D