Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Decks Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Forum Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

being_chrysalis 
Citizen

Queen of Swords reversed

Anyone think of her (reversed) as actually being indecisive? I kind of see that "great mental acuity" turning in and devouring itself...

another aspect - something not that uncommon in some Queen-of-Swords types - the ability to really get and intuit *other* people - with a great deal of difficulty turning that great insight and intuitiveness inward. One woman talked about it like a 12-inch thick clear plexiglass barrier - where there's all this great piercing insight about OTHER people and THEIR problems/hangups, etc etc... while everyone around this (Q of S) is thinking, "Why can't this person use this sharp insight to see inside themselves??"

Some of that *could* be that rigid thinking - and a lack of openess to important feedback from others...?

There are noble and mysterious triumphs which no eye sees. No renown rewards, and no flourish of trumpets salutes. Life, misfortune, isolation, abandonment, and poverty and battlefields which have their heroes, sometimes greater than the illustrious heroes. ~Victor Hugo
being_chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #1
FaerieStorm 
Citizen

Location: Wishing it was Middle-Earth...but it's just Colorado, USA
Lightbulb

The Q/Swords is a difficult court to tackle because she has such a bad reputation. I see her as not only a logical thinker, but a woman (person) who tries very hard to look at the world (all of its problems, questions, curiousities, etc.) with an intellectual mind--rather than an intuitive and/or emotional mind. She had deep feelings, but tries to supress them for the sake of rational thought. Perhaps she's naturally like this--maybe not.

In a diminished (reversed) position, the Q/Sw's might represent a woman (or person) who has lost her logical/rational/intellectual barrier and has succumb to her emotions--which might be good, but if she's kept them bottled up for a really long time, it might explode and turn out to be really scary.

Just some thoughts,

FS

Old 09-02-2006 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #2
Fire Cat 
Volunteer Fire Fighter and Professional Monkey

My keyword/archetype is the goddess Minerva. She is related to Themis (the woman who holds the Libran scales) but she is one-sided. Reversed she could mean a complete hyperbole of this idea --a cold, cynical, calculating person --not the femme fatale but the vagina dentata, or even a man (clitoria diabolica). I apologize in advance if this description is too vivid...

Reece

Old 09-02-2006 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #3
Sienna 
Citizen

Another take on this could be, the disappointed woman/scorned/widowed woman - no longer, maybe she's getting a man in her life

Sx

Old 09-02-2006 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #4
sharpchick 
Citizen

In that context, I think of her as having lost the careful control she's maintained. . . now she has turned into a vengeful shrew, cutting people to ribbons with words. (In the interest of candor, I must admit - I am the Queen of Swords and am well aware of all the negative traits, having subjected a few people over the years to them.)

Old 09-02-2006 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #5
Ladybro 
Citizen

I`ll add. cunning, powerfull and solitary
Ladybro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #6
Crystelle 
Citizen

I think Sharpchicks view is very well articulated. I am often accused of being a Queen of Swords in my vengenance mode, whilst resembling the Queen of Wands in my happy times... I think reversed means, the positive attributes turned to a negative purpose.

Old 10-02-2006 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #7
Dean 
Citizen

Smile U.k

I think the Queen of swords is a card of strengh equal to the Queen of wands, but with the swords her temper is more on a logical approach then the Queen of wands aggressive dominate way.

As a reversed card for the Queen of swords it can mean a very narrow minded person, someone who is out to make life difficult for those around her. She is often judgmental and speaks her mind which often courses offence to the other person. Sometimes she is a lonely woman who as suffered from an unhappy emotional life, maybe a Divorced or Widowed woman.
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006 Need help fast? Chat with a live Tarot reader now!     Top   #8