Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

9 of cups

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Using Tarot Cards

Citizen

Robin 
Citizen

9 of cups

If someone is represented as the 9 of cups in a relationship, would this mean that the person has an interest but it's not complete interest. It's "almost there" interest but not full love?

Thanks
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #1
Citizen

caridwen 
Citizen

Smile

Maybe they feel like the cat who got the cream. That they have all they could wish for and are content
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #2
Citizen

sharpchick 
Citizen

Could also mean they are revelling in sensual pleasure.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #3
Citizen

Sienna 
Citizen

They could be a "smug married" a la Bridget Jones. Comfortable and even a bit complacent.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #4
The Thirteenth Moon

Thirteen 
The Thirteenth Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin
If someone is represented as the 9 of cups in a relationship, would this mean that the person has an interested but it's not complete interest. It's "almost there" interest but not full love?
Actually, no. 9/Cups interest is complete and utter interet on every level. This person is so fully in love that they want to unite families, he/she wants to be friends, lovers, romantics, grow-old-along-with-me soul mates with the person they're interested in.

Is it that this card isn't 10/cups that has you saying it's incomplete? If it is, then you have to understand, 9 isn't incomplete--10 is just one better--taking something you didn't think could be more and, yes, adding more! 10/Cups is spiritual as well as everything else.

You might say, 9 and 10 are like the E.B. Browning poem "How do I love thee"--you get all the "How do I love thees" with 9/cups ("I love thee to the depth and breath and height my soul can reach.../I love thee by sun and candlelight..." etc.) except for the very last line. 10 is where you get them all PLUS the last line:"And if God pleases, I shall love thee better after death...."

10/Cups is that spiritual continuation that we on Earth, in our most wonderful love life, don't even imagine is possible until we finally open our third eyes and see it for ourselves. That's 10/Cups.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #5
Citizen

Dean 
Citizen

Smile U.k

This as been described as the Wish card, sometimes we can dream about having someone or wishing that we had this person in our lives.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #6
Resident

Katrina` 
Resident

I would say the male want to dominate the female..
quite diffeerent from you guys..but it is accurate for the relationshhip readings for my friends
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #7
Citizen

Robin 
Citizen

Wow!!

Thank you so much to all. Yes Thirteen, I did think that since it was not 10 it was not complete. So thank you for clearing that up. It makes total sense. You guys have really helped.

much appreciated,
Robin
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #8
Citizen

tarot_princess 
Citizen

Thirteen, your explanation was superlative... thanks for giving us another perspective!

also, i would think that 9 of cups would indicate over-indulgence in the relationship...over-indulgence in love, affection, sensuality, sexuality, gestures of romance, etc.
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #9
Citizen

EminemsAngelBaby 
Citizen

Thirteen I think I love you!!

I've had this card come up a couple of different ways in my readings. As Thirteen described it, a person totally enamored; and also as "wishful thinking" or "dream on". The querent had the highest hopes and feelings, almost too good to be true, everything just seems so peaches and cream pie in the sky, and it comes to be it just doesn't pan out.

When I first started studying tarot all the books referred to it as the "wish card" which I took to mean as a wish coming true but as I began to read for others,hehe, it came up over and over again as "wishful thinking" not necessarily getting your wish. In a relationship reading I would tend to see them as being "in love" with the idea of the relationship, fantasizing and daydreaming about all the wonderful things that may or may not have already happened and what else is on the way....the intoxication stage of a relationship when all you can smell are the roses!
Need answers now? Get 50% off your first live Tarot session!     Top   #10

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.