Record Keeper Crystals

TemperanceAngel

Hello I have become fascinated by these crystals and would love to get one.

Does anyone on AT have one?

Record Keepers are clear quartz crystals with a triangle (could be more than one) etched on the crystal.

http://www.rainbowcrystal.com/crystal/gems/quartzpt1.html

The above is a link with an image and explanation. Just scroll down the page a little.

WhiteRaven

Hi TA.....

I have a book called Crystal Enlightment by Katrina Raphaell....and I'm going to quote some of it here for you because I just followed your link and I think that something just isn't right over there.....

I quote from the book:

Record Keepers all have a sacred symbol engraved on one of their facets. These symbols are not easily seen and usually need to be searched out by looking at the crystal in a bright light while closely examining all the faces and facets. If a crystal is a Record Keeper, a small perfect triangle wil be found on one of the six faces forming a termination. These small triangles are not the facets themselves. They have actually been etched into the crystals. If you run your finger over the triangle you will feel the indentation.

I just don't think one would be able to see it that clearly, even under light, if it were a genuine one. Perhaps I am wrong.....but I thought I'd quote the book for you.

TemperanceAngel

Thanks WhiteRaven. I was kinda shocked at how well you could see the triangle on the crystal.
Maybe they have done something to make it clearer?
If you look closely you will see the triangle grooves are quite dark and the crystal is obviously under a light.

I would love to see one in person, amazing!!

WhiteRaven

TemperanceAngel said:
Thanks WhiteRaven. I was kinda shocked at how well you could see the triangle on the crystal.
Maybe they have done something to make it clearer?
If you look closely you will see the triangle grooves are quite dark and the crystal is obviously under a light.

I would love to see one in person, amazing!!

I think they've highlighted it with something....I haven't seen one in person either but I would think that it would be a natural etching....not something like is shown on that page. At first, I thought you were going to buy one from that site...and well....I hesitate to say what I'm really thinking... :D
I don't think I will.....:p

But yes, I'm sure that seeing one and working with one would be amazing.

tarotbear

beautiful crystals

Unfortunately I don't have my best one with me, but on my record keeper there are two or three triangles on each facet. Are you saying these aren't record keepers, WhiteRaven? I have all the Raphael books, too.

The picture on that site has definately been touched up for clarity; the triangles I have are clearly seen but less than 1/8 inch long. I have a window crystal or two somewhere at my parent's house, too.

PS - I bought these wonderful specimens over 20 years ago when such things were easy to find - before the New Age made them the 'flavor of the week.' Most of the easy to find or good stuff was mined years ago.

Caveat emperator!

WhiteRaven

Personally, and this is just my opinion here, I don't think Crystals should be tampered with period. Whether it's to make a sale or not....it just doesn't feel right to me. It's like someone buying a Crystal and painting it some other colour. The energies are dulled in MO........and who is to say that if highlighted with whatever, that it was not etched by human hands.....of course, we could say that about any Record Keeper, whether it has been touched up for clarity or not....just to make a sale type thing. It's like many sellers that claim one thing and in reality, it's another. Take Herkimer Diamonds for example......I've read about lots of scams around that.

This particular Crystal that is shown on the page TA directed us to reminds me of those Totem Stones you find in metaphyscial stores. The ones that have the animals that have been stamped mechanically and then painted.

Little Eagle

I have a record keeper crystal. It to be fair was probably one of the ugliest asthetic crystals in the shop but it has a myriad of triangles and other shaped etched into it. I feel that these are natural and the inside due to the way it is presented looks like a mountain range when you hold it at the right angle. I am lucky as well as this is not so much a generator crystal as a Channeling crystal with 7 faces.It also split's the light into a rainbow at the right angle. Just goes to show that beauty is not skin deep, especially not for the siting ones!

TemperanceAngel

tarotbear said:
PS - I bought these wonderful specimens over 20 years ago when such things were easy to find - before the New Age made them the 'flavor of the week.' Most of the easy to find or good stuff was mined years ago.

tarotbear sounds amazing. I hope you get to them and post pictures or even better, post them to me ;)

TemperanceAngel

WhiteRaven said:
Personally, and this is just my opinion here, I don't think Crystals should be tampered with period.

Yes I agree to a certain extent. But what if the Record Keepers were etched in Atlantis? And that is how we recognised them? Or somewhere else, and the mark showed us this, so we knew we could tap into ancient info?

I would love one to be able to meditate with and see exactly just what the records were kept in there :)

TemperanceAngel

Little Eagle said:
I have a record keeper crystal. It to be fair was probably one of the ugliest asthetic crystals in the shop but it has a myriad of triangles and other shaped etched into it. I feel that these are natural and the inside due to the way it is presented looks like a mountain range when you hold it at the right angle. I am lucky as well as this is not so much a generator crystal as a Channeling crystal with 7 faces.It also split's the light into a rainbow at the right angle. Just goes to show that beauty is not skin deep, especially not for the siting ones!

Little Eagle that sounds SO amazing. You know I have dreams about crystals like that, seriously!!

Can you post a picture for us as an attachment?