empress re mother

HudsonGray

What do you feel the card DOES say to you, if not either one of the standard meanings? Just curious.

star-lover

she has everything she wants and dont mess with her i get with that image
i dont understand the look either in that deck
too mysterious like the high priestess

grrlfrommars

Thankyou for sharing your card, its image and your understanding.

I honestly don't interpret 'the mother' FIRST when I see any Empress card. My first and intuitive thoughts are in regards to fertility, and being at one with nature.

I do sense that in your card. I do not focus on the woman first, rather the mountains in the background, the plants and the animals. To me, the Empress looks 'all knowing' in that environment'. For me, this card represents nurturing and allowing things to grow for them to be successful.

Thirteen

Not that Mom...the other Mom.

star-lover said:
she has everything she wants and dont mess with her i get with that image
Lovely image. What deck is that?

This has been mentioned before. The Empress is not "Mom" in the baking cookies and kissing boo-boo's types. She's not knitting booties by the fire or taking the kids to Disneyland. She's not Ma Kent adopting orphans.

This is mom who is trying to grow you like a delicate flower. This is mom who takes you dress shopping and tells you what to wear. This is mom who tells you which young man you should marry because he has such prospects (and is horrified when you go after that penniless artist or uncouth trucker), and who wants to plan a beautiful, perfect garden wedding for you.

THAT is the kind of mom she is. Think of the Empress, there, in a beautiful garden, planned out to the pebble by her. Exactly as she wants it, with peacocks and prize-winning roses, and a lovely tea brought out by a butler so that she and her children can have an afternoon together.

Not saying she's not a nice lady. She can be lovely. She just knows what's best for you. Really ;)

Pipistrelle

Thirteen -

You have just answered all my Empress questions!

I've been using two ancient Italian decks - the Classic and the Vacchetta - and there is nothing mother about those Empresses.

But now I get exactly what you mean and it makes perfect sense with those decks (and explains why the Vacchetta Empress looks at me so disapprovingly!)

Thank you :)

Pip

P.S. And thank you star-lover for asking the question! That's a great Empress card by the way. :)

sharpchick

Thirteen said:
Not saying she's not a nice lady. She can be lovely. She just knows what's best for you. Really ;)

And negatively aspected, she can be incredibly hostile to anyone or thing that she feels is threatening her carefully scripted and very tightly controlled family. . . like that penniless artist or uncouth trucker. :eek:

Sienna

Thirteen said:
Lovely image. What deck is that?

Its the Cosmic Tarot by Norbert Losche published by AGM Muller.

All the major and courts resemble movie stars! I swear there's a King that looks just like Sean Connery! wish I had a scanner to show you. It is a truly beautiful looking deck.

Sx

memries

Son of a Gun ! It is Sean Connery and he is dressed in PINK with a PINK crown ! There is justice in the world !