MORGAN GREER/ 5 Rods as team spirit?

Horace

Today I want to read this card as team spirit. It looks like all the rods and gloves are saluting each other. The final oomph before the competition begins. It's like the football huddle. Each glove represents a different position. None of the rods look like they are aimed at any one and if this card is always about conflict, perhaps it can also be a contest also. They don't have to be competing Against each other, do they? Hh

FraterGrant

contest or conflict, there is always a winner and a looser. But no, I dont believe this is always life or death combat. Sometimes its unserious play, but everyonce and awhile its a heated conflict. Just depends I guess.

lark

Oh dear, I hope no ones takes this the wrong way but....
I always see it as the "mine is bigger than your's card."

There is a kind of competition that is outside of the actual art of competition in most sports....
And that outside competition is all about the equipment.
Who has the newest, the fastest, the bluest, the most expensive, this model, that maker, ect, ect.
I've seen it go on forever in the world of archery that my husband belongs to.

Sometimes the equiptment takes the glory, or the blame for a good or bad competitive experience.
And the actual talent and skill takes a back seat.

And the buying of an elite piece of equipment elevates the sportsman in the eyes of his fellow sportsmen.
That he has the money too buy it... and so means he is successful on other fronts.
Or does not have the money too, but buys it anyway, so is elevated because he puts the sport before anything else in his life.

And although each man can not afford the best equipment they gain from touching, using, seeing, and playing with what others bring into the circle of their sport.
So it is a competition, but with an undertone of learning about the strength and weakness of each opponent, (or their equiptment) and using that knowledge to form a stronger team.

Horace

Truth hurts

I knew the answer to my question, I just didn't want to hear it...

I had a small conflict with someone in which I wanted them to 'step up to the plate' more. Since I am working on my 'delivery' when speaking to people, I asked how I could handle this situation without ruffling her feathers too much or seeming to attack by asking if her parents were related.

5 of cups - showed me how she wasn't living up to my expectations
5 of rods - I want her to be more of a team player, not something this card indicates. maybe wishful thinking?
Justice - isn't really what I wanted to see, with Justice it isn't always the outcome I want, but will have to grudgingly accept as fair. I think I'll ditch lifeschool today. Hh

lark

Maybe 5 of Wands is saying to compliment her on her strength.
And then sliding in a little word about her weakness would go down better with her.

Horace

Guess What?

And this is why I read Tarot.... I decided to play the cards this way...

I decided to keep my emotions out of the situation (5cups) and just said, "Look, Please would you do this? and she said "Yes" and I said, "Thank You very much, I'm so relieved." And that was IT!
No emotions, no self-created conflict and I guess Justice, too. Now I'll have to go study her more. and one question always leads to another because each answer gives us more faith in what the Tarot can teach us. Hh

Rede Seeker

Constructive conflict

I like the Morgan-Greer Five of Wands because it does not carry the strong 'confusion' or 'combativeness' that the traditional R-W-S and similar decks do.

The vibe is more like everyone showing up; displaying their tools; and getting on with the business that brought them there. It has a teamwork feel. But it also says 'Show Up ready to Work'.

The different hands give the feel of different Crafts or Tribes coming together. The similarity in the Wands says that they are One in their proposed action.