Russian Gypsy Deck - 31 - Sun

Little Baron

From using this deck in the last couple of days, I can see that the different arrows, which I am linking to the four different points of the compus when referring to them, seem to have negative and positive meanings that transfer in each image. For example, a south facing arrow always seems to have a positive outlook. A north or west facing arrow seems to have a negative slant. Like south, east, facing forward, seems, in my ignorance, to be a bright outcome.

With this in mind, a south-facing Sun is a positive message. The accompanying book says that it is probably the most favourable image in the deck.

Life's caress and happiness are all yours.

This wonderful centre of light that you create, in turn, attracts others, we are told. It is positive energy. You have good health. You make others feel good about themselves when you are around them.

It may be time to learn a new skill, take courses.

If you are having difficulties, the book suggests you trust yourself and you will master the situation.

So, little can go wrong with a south-facing sun. If you are unhappy, you are soon not going to be. If you have a problem, you will overcome it. If someone else has a problem, they need do no more than stand within your light.

It's funny how there is always so little to say about positive cards, lol.

So lets take a look at another direction .. let's try east, which I am assuming is another positive interpretation.

This seems to be an image of finding self-love and self-appreciation, so that in turn, others will appreciate you as well.

It symbolises finding strength within during difficult times. So, the last interpretation was actually in a position of happiness, wheras this position is telling you that you CAN attain that happiness.

It is working to improve yourself as an individual.

Any ideas about these two directions. I will reflect on them a little more before continuing with North and West. I thought that since The Sun appears in tarot, it would be good to get this one out of the way first.

LB

michmm

Hi LB

I would love to join in on your study... but running short on time now, so will put in my two cents' worth tomorrow!
love
mich