Converse with the Dead

Daniella

How can I converse with the dead? Is there any safe way to do it? Is there a specific spread that I can use to communicate with them?

Dwaas

Hi Daniella,

Could you please tell us a bit more of your experience with tarot and your purpose to converse with the dead? For me your question is a bit out of the blue sky. I don't have any experience with tarot and contact with the dead but I would defenitely be hesitating to jump in your question with all kinds of answers. But that may be me.
Blessings

Daniella

My Grandfather

Well, I would like to contact my grandfather who passesd a few years ago, due to cancer. Through the time he was sick and in a nursing home, I hardly got a chance to see him by myself and before I could he passed away. I never got say the things that I long to say to him. I've been studying Tarot and spreads for five years now since his been gone. And I just had a thought about contacting him and tell him all things that I never got a chance to say.

Crystelle

If you believe that the dead can be contacted you might consider writing a letter to him and *wishing* that he hear the letter. I think that our relatives can hear us and sense our thoughts and feelings without special summoning or rituals. Not everyone would agree. If you're looking for some kind of response I suggest you see a medium because there are a lot of things that can go wrong if you decide to use a ritual you don't understand.

WalesWoman

If you decide to use a medium... do some research... there are so many frauds out there. I desperately wanted to contact my dad after his death, but it never happened and I don't think I would want to try now, just in case I accidently drew in something I do not want or need.

I don't know this for certain, but I do think the spirits of those we love watch us and can hear us and sometimes contact us when we need them, in various forms.

I know my dad came to me just as I was in that place between being awake and falling asleep... that it was not a dream. We didn't say a darn thing, he just looked at me and then folded me in his arms and I was filled with this incredible golden light that warmed me and let me begin to really heal... and this was 15 years after his death.

So honestly... I think the suggestion of writing a letter or even just talking to him... maybe going to a place you both enjoyed and shared pleasant times at would be enough... and the truth is... he probably knows these things without you needing to say them. But I think you need to say them, if only to give yourself closure and find your own peace.

There are some spreads regarding this in the Spread section that you might get some ideas for creating a spread... but honestly... the connection in life isn't severed by death.

Blessings,

a_shikhs

Daniella said:
How can I converse with the dead? Is there any safe way to do it? Is there a specific spread that I can use to communicate with them?

You can definately use tarot as a medium to contact your grand father.. There are many spirit spreads in the tarot spreads forum which will help you get in touch with your grand father..

Mimers

Hi Daniella,

I think writing a letter is an excellent way to reach your Grandfather! Putting your feelings and thoughts on paper and "sending it" to him is a very strong act indeed, and intent is what makes it happen. I think this could be a much more valuable experience than anything else.

I lost my Dad many years ago and wanted so bad to share things with him. I ended up going to a place he liked to fish and having a 'conversation' with him there. I really feel he heard my words and it was very healing for me.

good luck!
Blessings,
Mimi

OliviaRose

Hi Daniella,
There is a another website I really like, mediumystics.com

Everyone on this website helps people for free. There are also articles about mediums you can read about.

Definitely check the calendar, because they do different events every day and during their circles, I think they're called, they communicate with our loved ones that want to come through. If you keep joining into those circles they have, and if your grandfather wished to communicate with you, it's bound to happen.

Also I think our loved ones that have passed, we are still connected by thought, and anything you wish for him to know, he will know. I had similar situations with my grandmas, things left unsaid, and I asked them to come to me in dreams. Things were validated for me that way and it wasn't scary either.

Anyways, check that website and hope this helps you.

Sentient

Daniella,

First off, welcome to Aeclectic! I hope you take time to discover many of the wonderful resources the site has to offer. I am always exploring new threads, new forums and unearthing new discoveries.

Second, I echo many of the sentiments already expressed. If your primary purpose is to tell your grandfather all the things you have on your mind, then a letter is an excellent way to do this. The process of writing can help one organize and clarify one’s thoughts, and can be especially effective when one is emotional. I encourage you to try it.

Regarding doing a reading for your grandfather, yes, it can be done. It can be helpful when a person has a strong desire to know something. If you’re experienced and confident reading for yourself, there should be no reason why you couldn’t do it, provided you felt you could interpret the responses you got. Regarding getting a reading from someone else, because this is so sensitive a topic, I suggest you only visit someone you already know and have complete faith and confidence in.

All in all, writing a letter seems by far the best solution.

Lalita

Hi Daniela,

From personal experience, I must say I agree with Dwaas and WalesWoman. Our loved ones are always with us, and simply letting them feel what you are feeling, even speaking out aloud to them in a place where you feel you connect with them, allows them to hear and feel what you are saying.

I am sure he is looking down on you this very moment, smiling contently, knowing exactly what it was you wanted to say to him.

Hope you get the answer you're looking for!