Sabian Symbols Study Group: Aries Degree 12 - #12

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill.

Sun Sign: ARIES
Degree: 12
Number: 12

Symbol: A FLOCK OF WILD GEESE.

Elven

Symbol: A FLOCK OF WILD GEESE.

I have an image of the skies - a late gold and blue afternoon reflected on the surface of a deep wilderness lake. The breeze flows from the east and the bullrushes sway like metronomes near the shore. A cry goes out and rising from the waters, wild geese arise in form and take to the sky. Their voices are shed on the wind as they call to each other to come and fly in the face of the sun.

Although this Symbol does not say that the geese are flying, I feel that are definately in flight - always moving - gracefully taking to the air as a flock, moving with the rythms and flowing with the cycles. In some ways I see this relevant to the Symbol, and an intricate part of the phases and places we go to, and in which we all go through. To me this is a Spiritual, karmic and predetermined element, possibly played out or expressed in a family group - or a group of like minded people. Each travelling their own journey, but instinctively. The geese are wild and free - and yet the framework they operate within is instinctive and their path has been travelled by many before, and will be, by many in the future.

On another level - I look at the flock - wild - and geese, and also see a group of unruly rebellers, fanatics, and loudmouths! :) I see them ruthlessly protecting themselves from what they fear and striking 'in numbers' or using their 'pack mentatlity' and 'scare tactics' to intimidate other of a different species or kind. Yet looking through their barrier, I compassionately see a group stranded or lost, needed a helping hand to be head in the right direction, so they can take flight, to find the right/natural environment for them, where they will be happy.

I see much beauty and simplicity in this Symbol - and feel like taking flight :)

Many Blessings
Elven x

Elven

The opposing Symbol or the Symbol opposite Aries 12 (A FLOCK OF WILD GEESE) is
LIBRA 12 ~ MINERS ARE EMERGING FROM A DEEP COAL MINE.

In relation to a flock of wils geese (as the opposite Symbol) - I see this as a time where there comes a change - not only of environment, but of duties also. It may mean the change of seasons or coming out of nesting season, breeding season, hibernation, a cycle, a time of darkness.

In terms relative to as an Oracle it may see a person not being able to bring themselves to release what has kept them bound deeply - something may be necessary to complete or be out of there control to move forward with. It maybe blocked messages that cant come to light - or not seeing the light - the true purpose of the next phase of the journey.

Miners remind me of 'shift' work - Possibly there needs to be a shift in consciousness to allow one to fly or to move forward - to progress to the next cycle - one of which maybe a rest, or a move to a more suitable situation.
'Work' relates to the routine and regularity - so possibly theres an inability to work (on the issues) under these conditions or finding them loathsome, hard and uncomfortable. But work in necessary in this situation - to delve deeply for long periods of time - especially if you eventually strike (spiritual/professional/) gold! ;)

Both Symbols contain group elements - miners and flocks - so groups feature strongly on both levels. More in achieved in combination with others and is necessary as everyone has a specific hand or job to do.

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

Dr Jones says insouciance is the keyword for this symbol and 'rising above' its its main focus.

Solarfire - Part of Body: Tongue

It always reminds me of the novel-movie the snow goose..
In a remote corner of England, Philip Rhayader (disabled) has established a remote home for himself. He stays by his lighthouse and paints birds, eventually developing a type of bird sanctuary on his land. Then a young girl, arrives at the lighthouse with an injured Canadian snow goose in her arms. Friendship war oh- its a lovely movie.. yea...

I think wild geese present a free healthy organic life

Also I always interpret wings and feathers as Angels - or indications angels are around.. I see the symbol of the flock of birds as an angelic symbol, snow geese and angel wings are so in harmony.

Geese - mean fertility, success, wealth, and fortune.

:)

Marina

Elven

Other related Symbols for Aries degree 12.

The Symbol before this one (Karmic Influence) is:
Aries 11: The president of the republic or the ruler of ones country
~~~~~~~

and the Symbol following it (Quest) is:
Aries 13 - A bomb which failed to explode is now hidden safely from discovery.
~~~~~~~

The Symbol opposite this (opposing influence) is:
Libra 12 - Miners are emerging from a deep coal mine.
~~~~~~~

The 4 Symbols in tension with Aries 12 is:

Cancer degree 12:
A chineese woman nursing a baby whose aura reveals him to be the reincarnation of a great teacher.

Libra degree 12:
Miners are emerging from a deep coal mine.

Capricorn degree 12:
A student of nature lecturing revealing little-known aspects of life.

~~~~~~~

Symbols which are 60 degree apart from Aries 12 are:

Gemini degree 12:
A black slave girl demands the rights of her mistress.

Leo degree 12:
An evening garden party of adults.

Libra degree 12:
Miners are emerging from a deep coal mine.

Sagittarius degree 12:
A flag turning into an eagle; the eagle turning into a chanticleer saluting the dawn.

Aquarius dgree 12:
People on a vast staircase, graduating upwards.

~~~~~~~

The 5 Pointed Star - Symbols which are 72 degree apart from Aries 12 are:

Gemini degree 24:
Carefree children skating on ice.

Virgo degree 6:
A merry-go-round.

Scorpio degree 18:
A quiet path through woods brilliant in autumn colouring.

Capricorn 30:
Directors of a large firm meet in secret conference.

MCsea

Element Barite
Discussion This normally white or colourless mineral, can also be known as heavy spar and is the main source of barium. Barite commonly occurs with anglesite and celestite. Barite was used by Native Americans in religious practices, mainly in shape shifting as well as to go from the physical world to the spiritual. SO to further explain why this mineral seemed to choose this symbol, I see birds equal to angels – both anglesite and celestite are ‘angelic’ minerals if you follow that logic at all ;) Also the colour of barite is similar to that of wild geese, white grey etc. That the native American Indians used in search of the spiritual ‘highs’ as these birds fly. SO I feel the energy look and colour work for this symbol.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 436

huredriel

I googled and got the following if dreaming of goose/geese:

Seeing geese in grassy places means solid fertility, success, wealth, and fortune. Hearing the annoying quacks of geese in your dream, forewarns of a death in the family. Seeing geese swimming in your dream means a gradual increase in your fortune.

To see geese in your dream, represents domesticity. You are well grounded.

Geese - Flexibility in handling emotional situations. If swimming, you are in control of your emotions.

Geese and Ducks = Migratory birds which imprint on, flock and follow the leader or peer group.

They might bring an extensive journey surrounded by good fortune.

GEESE/GOOSE Freedom; your soul; wanderlust; foolishness or group conformity. In some cases you might use the goose as a symbol for life long relationship.

Geese are lucky in dreams, signifying increased wealth and good fortune.

To dream of buying or selling geese or duck feathers, denotes thrift and fortune. To dream of black feathers, denotes disappointments and unhappy amours.

The goose that lays the golden egg, the ticket to your prosperity and abundance, being shown your optimal choice
Being vigilant, defensive or on guard
Intelligence
Spoil your chances, cook your goose ...

To see a goose in your dream, symbolizes fertility and motherly love. The goose may also represent a message from your unconscious.

The meaning of a goose in your dream depends on the details. If the goose was in a barnyard, it is a suggestion to alter your diet; if your weight doesn't need to be increased or decreased, then you may want to get your blood pressure and/or blood sugar checked. A flying goose signifies an unexpected trip; a swimming goose indicates an unexpected visitor; a quacking goose is a warning against repeating gossip; eating goose is a forerunner of a happy social occasion; plucking and/or cooking a goose is a sign of improving circumstances; and catching a goose predicts sad news.

huredriel

I can't believe I just lost another half hour of typing!!!!! ****** machine!!!

Tongue ....... gives us a sense of taste, of texture ...... chinese medicine I believe can diagnose illness and remedies through study of the tongue. Googling brought forward the following:

Tongue Diagnosis

by Cathy Wong
Chinese medicine practitioners believe the appearance of your tongue can reveal a lot about your health.

Tongue diagnosis is an important part of the Chinese medical assessment. During an examination, the practitioner usually looks at the overall tongue coating, shape, and color. Then he or she looks at specific areas on the tongue.

Different areas of the tongue are believed to reflect the health of the different organ systems. If there is an unusual color, coating, and/or shape in a certain area, special attention is paid to the corresponding organ system.

As with any assessment method, the doctor doesn't rely on tongue diagnosis alone, but uses it to provide a complete picture of a person's health.

Below are some of the guidelines Chinese medical practitioners use to assess the tongue. This is only a selection of many different types of patterns.

What is the Tongue Color?

Normal tongue color is light red, indicating that a person's vital energy (called qi) is strong. It also reflects the health of the internal organs and blood circulation. Changes in the tongue color usually reflect chronic illness.

Tongue body color May be a sign of
Pale Excess cold, especially if thick white coating.

Spleen qi deficiency, especially if thin white coating

Blood deficiency, especially if dull, pale face and lips

Red Excess heat, especially if there is a thick yellow tongue coating.

Yin deficiency, especially if tongue body is thin and coating is thin, absent or peeled.

Purple Stagnant qi

Stagnant blood if dark purple tongue body and/or red spots on the tongue

What is the Tongue Shape?

Normal tongue shape is not too thick or thin, and the tongue body is smooth with no cracks. Changes in the tongue shape usually reflect chronic illness involving blood, qi, or body fluids.

Tongue shape May be a sign of
Swollen or puffy Spleen qi deficiency, especially if teeth marks on the sides

Damp heat

Thin Blood deficiency

Fluid deficiency

Trembling Spleen qi deficiency

Elongated Heart heat
Sides curled up Liver qi stagnation

If the sides are swollen and red, it may indicate Liver Fire

Cracks Excess heat or yin deficiency

Heart imbalance, especially if there is a crack down the middle of the tongue to the tip

What does the Tongue Coating Look Like?

Normal tongue coating is thin and white. A pale yellow and slightly thicker coating at the back of the tongue may also be normal. The tongue coating often indicates the health of the spleen and stomach. It also provides a good indication of acute illness, such as colds and digestive problems.

Tongue coating May be a sign of
Thick Excess
Yellow, thick, glossy Damp Heat
Dry, yellow Excess heat
Peeled or absent Deficient yin

Heart yin deficiency if it's on the tip of the tongue

Kidney yin deficiency if it's all over the tongue or at the back of the tongue and the tongue body is red.

Are there any Specific Problem Areas?

Each area of the tongue is connected to specific internal organs.

sides of the tongue - liver
tip of the tongue - heart
center of the tongue - spleen
back of the tongue - kidney
Other Tongue Tips

Some disorders don't show up on the tongue.
Tongue is usually examined for no longer than 15 seconds at a time. If it's extended for longer, the tension may alter the shape or color.
The tongue should be examined under natural light.
Before examination, don't eat foods that may discolor the tongue, such as coffee, beets, vitamin C, and foods made with artificial food coloring.
This article is meant for information only. An accurate tongue assessment using the Chinese medical system can only be made in person by a qualified practitioner.

tink27

Thanks huredriel, this is quite an extensive study on the tongue. It also has many tastebuds and wags a heck of a lot (giggle).

Geese are frequent movers. I bet a person with this symbol would make a great airline pilot or someone who likes to be part of a group that moves from town to town. They could also be an explorer, a sky-diver and someone who follows their dreams.

I find this symbol also contains the essence of cooperation, harmony and kindness and one who loves to communicate with others. Perhaps even someone with strong family ties......geese almost always fly and flock together.

When I look at this symbol and its reverse Miners are emerging from a deep coal mine, in the positive sense, I see this as a person with a great ability to peer beneath the surface of the ordinary. They could also have prfound insights and very down to earth advice. I bet they would have a great respect for nature and love being out in the rugged great outdoors!

From Animal Magick
Companion enduring, true loving and faithful,
Send to my arms, great goose of the Light.
Fill our lives with chidren, abundance, and joy,
New beginnings in happiness. Turn back the night.
A partnership equal in love and respect,
That our growth be together, our goals keenly planned,
Different, yet balancing, each life-step together,
So no problems can shake us. We go hand in hand.

tink :love: