Aeclectic Tarot
Dedicated to the diversity and beauty of Tarot since 1996

· Tarot Decks   · Tarot Meanings   · Tarot Forum   · Home

Tarot Gallery Tarot Card Meanings Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Community What's New

Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Talking Tarot

Welcome to the Aeclectic Tarot Forum!

We are the oldest and largest Tarot forum community on the Internet. If you have any questions about any aspect of Tarot or using your cards, or you just want to connect with other Tarot enthusiasts, you've found the right place!

Registering your account is completely free, and allows you to post, share readings, search, view extra boards and more.

Hope to see you in the forum soon!

raki_h 
Resident

Smile Lovers, 2 cups and 10 cups

Can I ask something and I am very new to the tarot journey. Can the cards above ever mean anything else but reconciling of past relationships. When it comes up continuosly using various relationship spreads?

Is there another interpretation?
raki_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #1
Nuncle 
Citizen

Hi raki_h. Welcome to Aeclectic Tarot. I hope you enjoy your stay.

These cards certainly could indicate other things. What they mean depends in part on whether the cards were pulled together as part of a spread or individually at different times.

The Lovers can be about making choices or about unions of various kinds. The 2 of Cups is a new beginning, maybe a reconciliation, but it's about emotional union and duality. It can be about falling in love. The 10 of Cups is the "you've got it all" type of card. This is a crad that comes after meeting or reconciliation, I think. It shows familym fullness, completion, satisfaction. But I think it can also be a bit illusory: a rainbow is an awfully difficult thing to live up to; what's on the other side of the rainbow, is it wish fulfillment; and as a 10 it is also transitional.

So, certainly the cards mean far more than reconciliation. One card that often seems to refer to rekindling an old relationship is the 6 of Cups. But it als depends on context of the other cards, on the question asked, and on the spread.

Hope that helps.

Nuncle
Nuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #2
Greywoolfe 
Citizen

In addition to what Nuncle said, the Two of Cups can also signify a deeper understanding, or growing relationship, between your conscious and spiritual self. It was this meaning that led to me deciding upon this username.

"Treat the Earth well. It was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children." - Native American proverb
Greywoolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #3
raki_h 
Resident

Excellent

Thank you so much guys. I've wondered why these cards came up constantly.
Old 25-02-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #4
rainwolf 
Citizen

Reconciling a past relationship seems like the least it could mean.

The two of cups shows people meeting and exchanging emotions.
The 10 of cups is about being bored because everything is so stable.
The lovers deals with the dichotomies in life, and what our choices do in the future.

Old 25-02-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #5
raki_h 
Resident

rainwolf

Thanks for your reply, its good to have another perspective as I have been taught other wise. But I am going by intuition, so am going by what the cards tell me. Sometimes it can be quite scary
Old 26-02-2006 Limited time only: Chat live with a Tarot reader now and get 50% off!     Top   #6
Go ad-free and support us too - upgrade to subscriber today