Sand & Seashell Readings

Satori

Sounds like you would be an octopus, Shelley!

What a great story about the Janthina.

I want my Shell Oracle now!

Acadia

shell oracle said:
Hi Acadia! How perfect to see your posting after speaking about learning from each other. I have learned a lot from you :)

I'm not doing anything groundbreaking... I'm just taking the shells to my next level. I have a large number of them sorted out by Element now, and I've begun to mentally experiment on combining shells and gemstones and crystals, and I'm going to work on dividing up the shells by magical intent for my own personal use (though judging by what others have said on Wicca Forums, it won't be for my personal use for all that long since there's a real demand for information).

Though I will say, try as I will to get excited about using my Cowrie necklace for prayer and spellwork, I still can't bring myself to do it. I know Cowrie can be a fetility of money or energy and whatnot besides regular fertility, but since I'm out of energy and lacking money, that only leaves one variable and I don't want to test The Fates. :D

lark

shell oracle said:
Hello Lark...I owe you a debt of gratitude for sharing your discovery of Ocean Oracle with the people of this forum. Thank you for helping the shells spread their message. I love how you feel attracted to the Paper Nautilus and the Long Spined Star. Please consider that your Higher Self is also making them attractive to you because your spiritual birth is connected to confronting your destiny. There is something I would like to discuss with you privately, but I don't know how to do that. I think there is a way to email each other, so I will see if I can figure that out. If not, my telephone number is in the last page of the book, so please call me.
Hi Shelly.
If you look right at the bottom of my post you will see a place where it says PM.
If you click on that it will take you to private message and you can send me a message through the forum.
Or on email and send me an email to my home.

Elven

WOW I love this thread!! :D

The little shell I found the other day was an abalone shell too - the prettiest one Ive ever seen, not big, but unusually square but proportional in shape!! LOL!!
So maybe this relates to my emotional healing, stepping outside of my ridgid structure, looking at the beauty within, puttin things into proportion. I found the shell 'just under the surface' of the water, so maybe the emotional issues are trying to surface. When the tide goes out - they're exposed - only to be covered up again when the tide turns.
I have a large round abalone shell which I decorated and wear when I read. I name my pieces - and funnily enough (well not now) this one is called Going Home. I made it (inspired) after hearing of a girl who had lost her life, but I thought of her swimming back to the 'Dreamtime' as the shell has little 'waves' on its surface and the color gradiations look as if there is a sunset. It has tiny freshwater pearls swimming around the outside of it.
Your interpretation Shelley - gives it a whole new meaning and depth.

Thankyou so much
Blessings
Elven x

Elven

Sorry, I had trouble with the attatchment, I put the pic here :D
Blessings
Elven x

Attachments

• MVC-322F Paua Shell & Pea l pendant - Going Home.JPG
    MVC-322F Paua Shell & Pea l pendant - Going Home.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 75

lark

elven that is beautiful!!!
How did you attach all this little beads?

I keep my shells on my alter in a pottery bowl surounding a rose quartz that has been hollowed out for a candle.

shell oracle

Elven, What a gorgeous Paua! It reminds me very much of an Abalone necklace that I wear. I wanted to share with you that when you said perhaps the Abalone was helping you "stepping outside of my ridgid structure, looking at the beauty within, putting things into proportion." and that it was found "just under the surface" of the water, I had a big smile on my face.
When I work with Paua, it means "don't judge a book by its cover...dig beneath the surface appearance."
That is because if you were to find a Paua in New Zealand, the Paua is encrusted with tube worms and barnacles and does not draw attention. Yet, if you scrape those off, just beneath them is the Paua shell material also called Sea Opal, from which they make jewelry. My Paua Abalone is half scraped and half natural, and every picture I see of it in books is also shown this way. To me, the message was "don't judge a book by its cover...there is more than you realize just beneath the surface."

Elven

Thankyou Shelly - that was a beautiful, heartfelt, perfect (timing)interpretation. I feel as if I am still covered with 'barnicles' from the past - I sometimes dont feel like theres beauty underneath all of that 'crust', more like an old hull that needs anti-fowling!! LOL!!
I picked up and looked at with much interest - the little square shell of abalone I found - it has no marks on the 'rainbow' side. None. It has a mist of salt over it so its not perfectly shiney, but I thought I might gently polish it and see if I can uncover the 'lustre' - almost like conscious cleaning to reveal the beauty.
Thankyou for your inspiration and your time to reply.
I am really enjoying this thread! :)

Many Blessings
Elven x

Ruby Red Slippers

JUMPING UP & DOWN WITH JOY - DOING THE "HAPPY DANCE"

I couldn't wait for my Ocean Oracle to come in the mail - especially since they said it would not even ship for another 7-10 days - so my fingers did the walking....felt like I was doing the crab side-step (a little seaside humor), and found a little crystal shop about an hour from my home that had them.

I couldn't wait to read all about them & read & looked at the pictures all the way home. Oh yes, forgot to say my husband was driving! Which allowed for out-loud reading. We also had fun looking at the picture & each saying what we thought it looked like before reading the book.

The funniest one - 136 - when looking at my husband say, "well Hon, I think that one looks like an *ss." I said, "Really, I think it looks like a mouth, one of those you see in movies which gobbles up something bad."
Well here is the scoop from Shirley’s book for those of you who don't have it yet - Common Distorsio - Distorsio anus (OK - he says - "yes, I was right!") I kept reading - Meaning: Someone distorting the truth; being a liar. ( HA, I was right!) Maybe it was just the difference in male/female perception! LOL
This shell receives its name from the distorted, mangled growth pattern around the mouth. When something is distorted, it is twists or stretches into an irregular form. A person who distorts the truth stretches it or lies.

My husband again stands his ground - "yes, I told you a real *ss. “Me, I just call them a liar!

Shirley – cannot thank you enough – such fun & joy you have brought to my life! You have opened a door for me that now expands my love for the ocean!

We are off to the coast – (only an hours drive, thank God) to do some beachcombing & mediation! Can’t wait to see what fun we will have between the faeries and the shells!

Great day to all!
RRS

PS Acadia: Thank you for your Amazon post - I keep forgetting to tell you that.....it was great – I so enjoyed reading it and convinced me to make it a weekend quest to find these cards! Thank you – although you may have had a hand in creating an obsession for me ROFLOL! Could be a lot of worse things to be!

shell oracle

Hello Ruby Red Slippers!
Thank you for your determination in finding Ocean Oracle. I am so happy to know the shells are living with you! Because you are Ruby Red Slippers, you might like shell #28. This is the Long Ribbed Limpet. I call it my Wizard of Oz shell. It is about looking for where the grass is greener, but the message is to look in your own backyard. I think you might understand this shell better than anybody else I know :)
Your quest to find Ocean Oracle touched me very deeply. In fact, everyone's postings have been so uplifting. You see, my publisher just merged with another publisher, and they may not take decks. They are meeting to discuss this, and if they are not interested in decks, they will not reprint Ocean Oracle. When I read that RRS could not find the book within 75 miles from her home, I became concerned. I contacted my publisher, and it seems they are all out of them. So, thank you all for discussing this book. This is a stressful time for me. I am praying the new publisher will see the value you have seen, and keep Ocean Oracle from disappearing.