Devil card as outcome?

Alice23

Hi everybody! I've never quite "got" the devil card, and lately it's been appearing all over the place..I recently did a spread (horseshoe) about somebody that I've shall we say "seen" a few times and would like to see some more of - however, I hardly know him....the outcome card was the devil..(using the RWS deck).and I'm not sure what to make of this....does it mean he's the wrong sort of person for me, or that I'm following the wrong path? If anybody could help me with this, it would be much appreciated, as I'm a bit confused as to its symbolism!

Thanks in advance, Alice x

starrystarrynight

I think the Devil really reminds us that we are human...including having the normal physical urges and temptations that link us to the animal kingdom.

Sometimes, I think we try to repress those urges as being somehow "beneath" our moral, respectable selves...but we can't do that because, again, we are only human. (And that is when we become obsessed with things, resulting in addictions, eating disorders, etc...)

But having it show up as your outcome card, I think it may be telling you that you are thinking about bringing this relationship to a physical level and that you should examine whether or not that would be in your best interest...something like that. (Of course, the rest of the spread would shed more light on whether or not that is what it's trying to tell you...)

Zhritza

If there's an 8 of Swords next to it, he's going to tie you to a chair in a dank basement. Run for your life.

I'm kidding.

There is however a bondage and/or subjugation aspect to the Devil. If you have seen controlling tendencies in either you or him in how you relate to each other, or if you find him addictive in some way -- or if he seems too attached to you -- then it may be a warning. Depending on how much clairvoyance you attribute to you and the cards, an old-school meaning might be that he has an addiction, or an addictive personality, that you don't yet know about.

Thirteen

Zhritza said:
If there's an 8 of Swords next to it, he's going to tie you to a chair in a dank basement. Run for your life.

I'm kidding.
LOL! Know you're kidding...but nice interpetation all the same!

star-lover

can you tell us the question and the whole of the rest of the spread pls cos devil can mean so many different things xxx

Shaymus

This could also mean that the relationship between you and him will be a hot, sexual one...hehe

Shaymus

Crystelle

Sounds like the encounter was surface at best, I'd lean toward the passion/sex thing. At the moment the two of you may only know enough about each other that you are certain you'll want to meet up again, not certain if it will become something more.

Sounds fun!
Crystelle

star-lover

pmsl at crystelle sounds fun
guess we all like the devil a bit
lol

xx:)

Alice23

The Devil

Hi everybody, thanks for all your replies - very interesting! Unfortunately I didn't write down the rest of the cards...grrr...but a lot that have been jumping out re him have been the ace of wands, 7 of swords, 5 of swords, 5 of wands 3 of cups, 2 of cups and the moon! Lol - So it's quite confusing, to say the least! The situation is that this chap and myself have only spoken about 3 times now,in the sense of very basic hello's and goodbyes - although I do see him a lot at the local gym etc etc...I don't know much about him at all - or him to me....I do, however, find him verrrry attractive lol.and I did sense some chemistry between us..maybe its telling me he's not the right one for me, or I'm going to be hanging on to him when I should let go of him...it's just very confusing as the outcome card, as I know it could mean a few things!! I hope this explains things a bit more...

Alice xx

rash212

Wow, so many sword cards along with the devil card! I would definately say there's alot beneath the surface! Alot of lies, my personal advice would be:- before you even think of getting into a relationship with this guy, please verify everything! Somehow, i dont like the feel of the cards that has opened up!

Sorry to disappoint you, but maybe some other AT member could give you hope on this one!!!

Note:- Moon and devil-this would be a purely physical relationship if it ever works out!