Healing Properties of Stones

OliviaRose

I found this list of healing properties of stones and thought some of you might be interested!

Ruby: stimulates the emotional toward nurturing, bringing spiritual wisdom, knowledge, good health, and wealth.

Emerald: this stone brings harmony to all aspects of one's life.

Sapphire: called the "Stone of Prosperity" bringing the gifts of life, removing frustrations, and fulfilling the dreams of the consciousness of the wearer.

Aquamarine: facilitates rapid intellectual growth and enhances one's ability to learn about the physical world as well as oneself.

Citrine: one of the few minerals that do not hold or accumulate negativity; helps one to acquire and maintain wealth.

Amber: aids babies' teething process; purifies the system; provides strength, wisdom,
and peace.

Jade: good for easing childbirth; calming; provides protection.

Quartz: provides equilibrium to the body; decrystallizes congestion; protects against dizziness and hemorrhage; aids intuition.

Rose Quartz: healer of the heart; promotes friendship and goodwill.

Turquoise: contains strong healing vibrations; strengthens the heart, chest, neck, lungs, respiratory system, and eyes.

Malachite: heals and balances the entire system; eases childbirth.

Lapis Lazuli : relieves inflammation and rashes; fights against depression; instills cooperation.

Aventurine: touchstone instilling serenity.

Rhodonite: instills love of life.

Tiger Eye: grounding stone

Hematite: calming, soothing, and grounding.

Yellow Jasper: grounding; provides wisdom.

Red Jasper: helps one to rectify unjust circumstances; assists in preventing "set backs" in treating disorders.

Pearl: enhances personal integrity; provides focus; enhances introspection; eases childbirth.

Moss Agate: touchstone to the natural world.

Amethyst: dispels pain, fear, anger, and anxiety.

Garnet: fights against depression.

Red Carnelian: helps to regulate food intake and assimilation; instills a sense of wellbeing.

Moonstone: it is balancing, introspective, and assists in coping with the changing aspects of one's life.

Fluorite: encourages the ideal of health, intellect, and emotional well being.

Labradorite: helps provides clarity of intuition; attracts strength and perseverance

Sodalite: helps eliminate confusion; stimulates ones intellect; encourages self-esteem

Smokey Quartz: gently disolves negative energies and emotional blockages

Peridot: Emits a friendly energy; provides protection; helps regulate a person's cycles; is known to be a facilitator of the birth process by stimulating contractions and aiding the opening of the birth canal

Snowflake Obsidian: "Stone of Purity" - bringing both purity and balance to the body, mind, and spirit. Also can be used to redesign ones thought process to achieve greater harmony

serenaserendipity

thanks for the info!

Dear OliviaRose,

Thanks for the input...

I think a lot of us here might be curious, but not really knowlegable about the specifics...

I have a theory that people have affinities for different elements... My affinity is more towards water, so I can "feel" emotions of people, animals and even plants quite easily, but stones are amorphous to me...

But to my daughter, stones really "speak", and I am learning to appreciate that perspective...
Sincerely,
Serendipity

Cerulean

Gemstone chakra wands....you can make them

1. Large sample--my own small sample directions follow.
http://us.geocities.com/lady_greenwood/make-a-wand.html

I was looking online and it seems that the idea, if you can, is to have a clear crystal at each end and an appropriate colored stone for the seven energy centers.

2. Here's a one with two crystal ends for a sample image (will try to replace with an example of one in a make-your-own-site):

http://www.gemfinders.com/chakrawand.htm

3. Meditative samples:

http://accessnewage.com/articles/stones/7chakra.htm

4. Colors alone:

http://www.journey-to-self.com/chakra_colors.htm

5. Directions for a small gemstone wand...out of chopsticks and tumbled stones...

Anyway, the reason I posted this, is this evening I used my tiny tumbled stones--had a bunch of stones without holes, but small irregular shapes and about a quarter of an inch long or wide. I took at least seven appropriate-colored stones; a piece of delicate gauze leftover from some ribbon packaging; a spool of pink thread; one or two tiny pendents from odd earrings; and unbroken pair of chopsticks; a bit of sandpaper; and a gluestick.

Using the above type of charts for a guide, I put a red stone on the bottom, orange stone next, yellow, then green, then turquoise, than dark blue and then purple. For my own purposes toward 'green' and 'growing' energy, I added two stray earring pendents in yellowish-green colors at the top of the
wand for my own meditative interest. (If you want, put one clear crystal under the red stone and above the purple stone if you want to use them as 'pointers' at each end. I didn't need to, so if I post wand pictures, it'll look different...)

When I was satisfied with the straight line of stones, size, etc., that I arranged, I turned my attention to the chopsticks. Keep them unbroken and sand the little nits and splintery stuff off, if you like. It's not necessary, but I thought it would be nice to smooth it out a bit.

Put a sizeable smear of the gluestick on each stone to set it place on the unbroken chopsticks in a straight line.

The ribbon gauze is nearly transparent--my leftover was dark brown, but as you can see, you can still see the stones. If you have a lighter color gauze, that works even better. Wrap it around the stones and chopstick--I had two or three layers, tight.

Then I used about 3/4 of a leftover spool of pink thread to wrap in-between the stones. I happened to have a silvery small bottle-cap cover to put at the base of the chopsticks, but you may have something else or not need to use anything. You could use cord, embroidery thread, yarn, whatever works. For me, the delicate pink seemed nice with the light and brighter colors of stones.

Anyway, after an hour or so, I had a nice meditation wand with small tumbled stones to remind me of different chakras. If I want to soothe that place, a nice lift would be to pay attention to that area and meditate on a healing color...Until I find a nicer twig or other options, this homemade bit with unused odds and ends might be an interesting 'magical' tool...

Hope you enjoy the project...and idea. I thought it might be fun for us!

Cerulean

Cerulean

Homemade gemstone chakra wand...

A little cheesy at first take...I was able to straighten the gemstones, cut the loose thread...the gauze holds the gemstones in place and the wrapped thread is helps keep the gauze down, also forms separators for the stones under the gauze...I'm certain people can do better than my first attempt...but am doing this at first until I decide whether to invest in something else or find another way to use what I have...hope people can use the examples as a guide for their gemstone/color interests and healing thoughts.

Regards,

Cerulean

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 120
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 126

Guiding Cauldron

great info ty

this wa sgreat to read, now i have a condensed version to relate to :)

Alta

Thank you all. What great ideas and a lovely condensed guide.

Acadia

There are, for those who are interested, a lot of great books out there on gemstone healing.

Of course, Melody's book "Love is in the Earth" I'm sure is one most, if not all, of you are familiar with. Judy Hall's "Crystal Bible" is also a spectacular book with great information in it.

One book that I'm sure none of you have heard of (Ok, not none, but probably few) is "Healing Crystals and Gemstones: From Amethyst to Zircon" by Flora Peschek-Bohmer, Gisela Schreiber. It's a fantastic hardcover book that I've come to depend on since I found it last December. Each stone listed has a "history and legend", "healing properties," "Chakra Classification," "Star Sign," and "Application and Care" section, which contains a couple of statements to a paragraph on information about the stone. There's also a box that tells you where you can find the stone, the colors it comes in, its chemical composition, it's hardness, what forms you can find it in, and what it's crystallization properties. The photographs are stunning, and don't suffer from what many gemstone and crystal books do. Instead of taking pictures of the most beautiful, expensive specimen of each stone, they take realiztic pictures of what you'll probably find in the stores, which is really helpful for identification. The thing that I just *love* about this book is that it has a section that's called "A Home Pharmacy of Crystals and Gemstones" where the author listed ailments in alphabetical order, along with how to treat them with Gemstones and Crystals. So, say you want to know about how to deal with memory problems, you flip to the pharmacy section, look under M, and there is a blurb on what stone to use, how, and why. That sort of information is invaluable when you're looking for information fast, or can't remember all of the stones and what they do. Anyway, I did a complete review of it on Amazon, which you can visit to find out more (so I don't waste more time of the people who don't care):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15...5266-7068145?_encoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=283155 (I'm Jerusha Girl).

This book is only like $12 or $13, and $12 for this book (remembering that it's also a hardback) is a steal.

I have a couple others, like "The Illustrated Directory of Healing Crystals" by Cassandra Eason and "Crystal Energy" by Mary Lambert which are also very good, but less of a referance guide than the other books I listed.

Anyway, that's my derailing for today. :)

penguinsandtigers

I just looked at the pictures. My first impression is WOW. Now that is something i throughly enjoy. Just thinking, now i have to go and get chopsticks to make my own!! Thanks for the advice and great information on this thread. I love it. Then again, i love anything to do with crystals!!!

loupee

Thanks for all the links and info in this section I have got alot out of it :)