faery wicca ogham meanings

martyn_uk

On the helper cards there are ogham staves.

Does anyone have any input on the meanings for these?

FaerieStorm

Lots of stuff here...

I'm glad you brought this up: I'm studying Ogham now, and it's a good time to look at my Faery Wicca deck again.

The prince/knight of Cups: Ivy. This ogham represents tenacity and the ability to get things done, despite that which lies in the way.

Queen of Cups: Oak. This relates to indurance, duration, nobility, and a well-chosen occupation. I don't see how it relates to the Q/C's but, whatever.

Prince of Pentacles: Willow. This ogham relates to intuition, feminine spirituality, the tides, ebb & flow, psychic activity, and magick. It also relates to emotions and deep feelings. Once again, don't see the connections.

Queen of Pentacles: (1) The one on her left-hand side is Birch. This is the first Ogham few. It represents birth, a coming change, renewal, and re-birth. (2) the other is the Yew. This is the last ogham few (isn't that interesting? The first and the last). It represents death, an ending, the passage into something new. I can see the connection with Birch especially.

Queen of Swords: The ones at the bottom left-hand corner are Elder and Vine. The Former relates to regret, rue, and the feeling of guilt. The latter represents Harvest and the celebrations that follow the harvest: enjoying the fruits of ones labors.

Princess of Pentacles: The one on the tree is Willow. See Prince of Pentacles. The ones on her dress are: Rowan (protection, magickal protective talismens, sanctuary), Birch (see Q/P's), and Pine (elation, great emotions--good and bad--the let-down after feeling lots of emotion, excitement). Lots of stuff in this one.

King of Swords: The one on the base of his thrown is Hawthorn. It represents obsticles and opposition. Sorry, not gonna do all of um on this card :=)

King/Pentacles: Hazel. Represents enlightenment and great knowledge.

Prince of Wands: The one on the left horse is Holly. It represents challenges and opponents. Hence all the heads!

Princess of Swords: Rowan. Already covered.

King of Wands: Broom. Cleansing. Sweeping out the old.

Prince of Swords: Rowan. Covered.

Queen of wands: Base of chair: Alder: Guidance, wisdom from an elder, good council, etc.

King of Cups: Alder. See Q/W above.

Princess of Wands: Holly (covered), Hazel (covered), Heather (the Lovers, Consummation, partnership, courtship).

Princess of Cups: Broom (covered), Aspen/Poplar (facing ones fears, spiritedness, allying oneself with fears).

Wow, that was a lot! Hope it helped. Good review for me.

-FS

martyn_uk

wow!

faeriestorm...........you are a star!

xx