0=2

knightofrainbows

have you read what crowley talks of about the first movements of spirit.
i enjoyed reading this, drunvalo melkizadek also talks of this regarding sacred geometry. before anything there was nothing. ain soph, the absence of anything, except spirit. this is the basis of the minor arcana. i'll tell it if you want to hear it.

firemaiden

Oh yes, knight of rainbows, tell us if you can, and try to explain about 0=2 for us if you can :)

ravenest

I too am waiting with baited breath.

Fulgour

I couldn't wait (but I should've)

"What this illustrates for me, then, is 0 = 2."
Michael 'xnoubis' Sandborn

http://www.ecsd.com/~msanborn/unicursal.html

Note: All of this material was written before September 2004. While I still appreciate much of this work, most of it was written upon the foundation of Thelema, the teachings of Aleister Crowley — a foundation I no longer endorse... I find that I can no longer ignore the deeply problematic nature of his political ideas... (Michael 'xnoubis' Sandborn)

Drunvalo Melchizedek's Personal Website
http://www.drunvalo.net/

The Spirit of Maat - Home Page
Presented by Drunvalo Melchizedek
http://www.spiritofmaat.com/

( :) This is the one I like!) Donna:
http://www.spiritofmaat.com/archive/oct3/acutonic.htm

Chiron is the wounded healer. He was half human, half animal, and immortal. He is the centaur — the Hierophant in the Tarot. Because of the subconscious association of the wounded healer, Chiron frequencies are effective for clearing intergenerational patterns or wounds that travel through many lifetimes with a person or persons. It is a useful frequency for crossing over into the animal kingdom and healing animals because of Chiron's appearance as a centaur or half-horse.

There also is the important myth of Chiron's descending into the underworld to rescue Prometheus, who held for humankind the divine spark or fire. Chiron had been immortal, but he gave up his immortality in order to rescue Prometheus, whose liver was being plucked out each day by vultures. Chiron did rescue Prometheus, and thus he returned the divine fire to humanity.

Past Issues (check this out!)
http://www.spiritofmaat.com/archive/maglist.htm#past

Aeon418

0=2. The Book of the Law:
27. Then the priest answered & said unto the Queen of Space, kissing her lovely brows, and the dew of her light bathing his whole body in a sweet-smelling perfume of sweat: O Nuit, continuous one of Heaven, let it be ever thus; that men speak not of Thee as One but as None; and let them speak not of thee at all, since thou art continuous!

28. None, breathed the light, faint & faery, of the stars, and two.

29. For I am divided for love's sake, for the chance of union.

30. This is the creation of the world, that the pain of division is as nothing, and the joy of dissolution all.

Always Wondering

Book of Law said:
27. Then the priest answered & said unto the Queen of Space, kissing her lovely brows, and the dew of her light bathing his whole body in a sweet-smelling perfume of sweat: O Nuit, continuous one of Heaven, let it be ever thus; that men speak not of Thee as One but as None; and let them speak not of thee at all, since thou art continuous!

28. None, breathed the light, faint & faery, of the stars, and two.

30. This is the creation of the world, that the pain of division is as nothing, and the joy of dissolution all.

This is lovely and helps me get my brain around 0=2. What I don't understand is why the algebra in Magic Without Tears? I can't get my brain around that. :confused: Am I missing something then?

AW

Aeon418

Ooops. I've only just seen your post. This is going to be a bit mind bending, but I will try my best. :)

I agree that the math can be a bit confusing. To cut a long story short Crowley is was just trying to articulte what he meant by absolute Zero.

The 0=2 formula can be re-written as 0 = (+1) + (-1) or 0 = Masculine + Feminine. That last example isn't ideal because it appears that the final union creates 1. But that's only because you think you are standing outside this unity and observing it. If so you are still in the world of 2 - the Seer and the thing Seen. When the opposites perfectly unite they cancel out any and all relation. The Seer and the thing seen no longer exist. They have returned back to the original zero state - Absolute Nothing. To manifest everything the process happens in reverse. Everything manifesting out of Nothing and returning to Nothing. It avoids the original problem of a first cause, a One who has to create everything.

This sounds very much like the indescribable experience of Samadhi experienced by the Yogi who unites Subject and Object during meditation.

It also has other implications that are reflected, quite naturally, down at the level of human existence. Many people accuse Crowley of being a sexual pervert. Unfortunately they are only exposing their own hang-ups and projecting them onto Crowley. He had a much different view of sex, a holy view.

Here's a quote from Lon DuQuette.
All Magick is sexual. Indeed, all life is sexual. It is either overt or implied, invoked or directed, stored or released. The Mass of the Roman Catholic Church is every bit as much a pantomime of the sex act as the "Great Rite" of the witches. The real question is "what is sex symbolic of?"

Always Wondering

So all desire is actually a desire for 0. The illusion of 1 is the perception of lack and pain. 2= (temporary) manifestation/experience, to express 0.
Reversed: I see or desire = (illusion of 1) for all is 0. So to manifest is simply to recognize 0 . . .

So I am Earnest Holmes’s silly fish swimming the waters of life?

AW