The Wands Suit

RARA707

I Don't Know If This Has Been Posted Before Or Not (in New Lol). I See A Very Strong Resemblence Between The Wands Suit And The Life Of Alexander The Great. Has Any One See The Movie Or Noticed That?

Fulgour

Hi :) RARA707

It would be very nice to hear more...
can you give some examples you see
as a comparisson from the movie? :)

Shaymus

I think the 2 of wands (RWS) is an interesting card that reflects many aspects of Alexander's personality. He was driven by ambition and set himself many goals....always looking on the horizon for new conquests, etc. He conquered all of the known world and had, so to speak, the world in his hand, still looking for new adventures.

On another level, after conquering all of the known world (at that time), he must have come to a point that he probably felt that the world seemed quite small with nothing more to conquer...as the song says "is that all there is?". Just like some business people today, and others who rise to the top of their profession and have accomplished all the goals they dreamed of....where do they go from there?

Shaymus

RARA707

Fulgour said:
Hi :) RARA707

It would be very nice to hear more...
can you give some examples you see
as a comparisson from the movie? :)

Oh dont get me started :) lol. I did a report on Alexander and now I feel connected to that time and era. Have you ever been to a new town or place and felt like you've been there before? Maybe in a past life or a dream? I've started learning with the numbered cards.

Two of Wands- after the death of Alexander's father, he has the world in his hands... something he has always wanted but he's questioning his greatness. he wants to be the best leader he can be.

Three of Wands- He's going off to war, this is his time to prove his self.

Four of Wands- After the war.. he has defeated King Darius and all of Persia is welcoming him with open arms.

Five of Wands- I think this card represents the fighting that was going on with Alexanders troops after he married. They were not happy with the way he was conducting bussiness. There were many fights and may vindictive acts going on.

Six of Wands- As alexander has finally got more notority and recognition. Along with a growing empire and ego.

Seven - Ten of Wands- Alexander's army and followers loosing trust and respect for him until his demise.

I feel that the cards are identical to his life. Im a beginner and after I looked at this suit I felt like I had hope, you kno? Im finding that, the other suits aren't as easy for me to interpret though.

RARA707

Shaymus said:
I think the 2 of wands (RWS) is an interesting card that reflects many aspects of Alexander's personality. He was driven by ambition and set himself many goals....always looking on the horizon for new conquests, etc. He conquered all of the known world and had, so to speak, the world in his hand, still looking for new adventures.

On another level, after conquering all of the known world (at that time), he must have come to a point that he probably felt that the world seemed quite small with nothing more to conquer...as the song says "is that all there is?". Just like some business people today, and others who rise to the top of their profession and have accomplished all the goals they dreamed of....where do they go from there?

Shaymus

Exactly, he conquered alot more than his father did and in a shorter time. Ego also had alot to do with it also. He believed the hype (thinking he was the greatest) and thought he couldn't be stopped. I think he, like alot of people forgot what they started for. Did he go to war for his personal gain? Or the advancement of his people?

ArcanoMáximo

Yes, is true, i agree... there are many points!
Perhaps Pamela was using more clasical heroes in the other suits too?
Just like in The Mythic Tarot?
AMAZING!

And what about sex?
Wands...penis...Alexander's known tendencies...hmmm...
For example, in the 5 of Wands i can see just some special scenes of the movie...
don't you?
thanks for this thread RARA!

RARA707

ArcanoMáximo said:
Yes, is true, i agree... there are many points!
Perhaps Pamela was using more clasical heroes in the other suits too?
Just like in The Mythic Tarot?
AMAZING!

And what about sex?
Wands...penis...Alexander's known tendencies...hmmm...
For example, in the 5 of Wands i can see just some special scenes of the movie...
don't you?
thanks for this thread RARA!

OMG....yes, I never looked at it like that before!!! No thank u.... that really blew my mind lol

ArcanoMáximo

it blew my mind too, lol!!:D

job

Hmmm.... its more of an inner battle going on here.

Or as the trailer for Spiderman 3 says:
"How long can any man fight the darkness... before he finds it in himself."

The wands start with harmony, but ends in a struggle.

I remember reading something Aliester Crowley said about how God and the Devil were fighting over his soul and at the end a victor emerged. But he could not tell who won.

I mean, the most dangerous foe you could ever battle has to be... you.