full moons

jayelemx

It's probably been covered - but I'm fairly new here. I work with dementia/alzheimer people. And I just know mostly right before the full moon the energies are really strange (possibly depending on the sign & the people's sign) - ranging from agitation/ill-temper/argumentative etc. I would just be interested in anybody else's experience with working with people - especially with "special needs" etc.

Whitestar

I used to teach second grade, and near the full moon the kids were a bit louder and had less of an attention span. It's subtle---but noticeable in a large group!

The_Star

Full Moon...

jayelemx said:
It's probably been covered - but I'm fairly new here. I work with dementia/alzheimer people. And I just know mostly right before the full moon the energies are really strange (possibly depending on the sign & the people's sign) - ranging from agitation/ill-temper/argumentative etc. I would just be interested in anybody else's experience with working with people - especially with "special needs" etc.

What goes on during a full moon is directly linked to activities and thoughts, etc. that take place during the previous new moon (14 days earlier).
Depending upon your authority and job description I suggest having some kind of very pleasant activity (a fun movie?, non-frustrating creative activity) on days of the new moon.
A new moon is a time for formulating intentions and the following full moon is the fruition of the new moon activities. If there is unpleasantness during a new moon it will be magnified during the subsequent full moon. Likewise, a pleasant new moon experience is likely to create a heightened pleasantness during the subsequent full moon.
New moon is sowing, full moon is reaping.

Free Flight

There have been studies done to prove this. I cannot quote you any sources as many years ago I lost this book..but it was an old book written in the seventies..
it was found that more babies are born, more people enter emergency departments and more murders are committed on the full moon.

paradoxx

since the moon does affect the human body just as it affects all of earth (both are made up of 90% water) the distance of the moon from the body of earth is important to factor in.

http://www.aquamoonlight.co.uk/lilith-dark-moon.html
http://www.antonia-langsdorf.de/dateien/astrologie-antonia-langsdorf-essay.php
http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0SO7AyHr...ttp://www.astro.com/astrology/in_lilith_e.htm

basically, the further away from the main body of earth, the more possible it is to be drained of energy, despite there being a near full moon, further more if the declination of the moon is in the extremes of above or below the apogee/perigee 'horizon' (also known as an out-of-bounds moon when at the extreme) the energy of the full moon might be a little tipped in on direction and not the other.

Darkmoon information is easy to come by, but out of bounds moon placements are still a rarity, regardless these are important factors in lunar understanding.

redflash

For the last year I have been studying the moon phases & try to work my spells / rituals around them, so I have of course noticed more the effect it has on me. A few days before the full moon I take my moonstone necklace off as it makes me feel a bit wired, intense. The couple of days before the full moon I get very easily agitated & am not a nice person to be around. Afterwards I feel "flat" in myself, sort of in limbo. It definitely has effects on me !

amysquie

The_Star said:
What goes on during a full moon is directly linked to activities and thoughts, etc. that take place during the previous new moon (14 days earlier).
Depending upon your authority and job description I suggest having some kind of very pleasant activity (a fun movie?, non-frustrating creative activity) on days of the new moon.
A new moon is a time for formulating intentions and the following full moon is the fruition of the new moon activities. If there is unpleasantness during a new moon it will be magnified during the subsequent full moon. Likewise, a pleasant new moon experience is likely to create a heightened pleasantness during the subsequent full moon.
New moon is sowing, full moon is reaping.

That's really interesting, haven't heard that before. I am training to be a midwife and other midwives say that during a full moon delivery suite goes crazy and all the women deliver very close together (sounds like a normal day to me lol but I shall look out for it on my stint on delivery suite this summer). Haven't noticed changes in myself as much but then I don't pay enough attention to new and full moons.