Tarot of Dreams, Gilded Tarot & other decks

Briar Rose

Sharpchic

What do you think of the deck, The Tarot of Dreams? and The Gilded Tarot?
Have you seen the Archeon Tarot cards? I was thinking of buying the Osho deck. well, get back to me when you can.

sharpchick

Haven't used any of those, Heavens. . . sorry. . .

The decks I have are on my profile, as well as those on my wishlist.

euripides

I think its in the 06 Llewellen Tarot Reader Almanac that I have somewhere, though I might have read it online (sorry, I can't remember) - about someone tarot journalling - this student who showed the teacher his work, and it made a great impace on her - he'd drawn the card spread in the journal, but without borders, and let the images blend into one another. Fascinating idea I thought. As an artist, I should give it a go.

Mostly at the moment I draw rectangles for the cards and jot down the names and some key points. I also make notes from things I'm reading or scribble down ideas. Its all very rough - its recording information, not art. I'd love it to be more artistic.

I try to record everything, because the one time I don't, I think, a week later, 'didn't I draw some cards about this....?'

I've seen it suggested to draw a card a day and study that one card. If you want to learn a new deck fast, you might want to work through each suit (or number? 4s, 5s..., kings, queens?) - methodically, four a day, two to a page or something. Make notes about your own responses to the image, then look it up in the little white book, and check the net - maybe Google it. There's some sites with really extensive notes on cards. I also like tarot.com's 'browse decks' facility to compare cards and decks.

http://www.tarot.com/about-tarot/decks/browsedecks.php

I used to covet the Marchetti tarots, but I'm not so sure at the moment. The New Palladini has just rocketed up my wishlist.

good luck with your new deck. Enjoy.

Helen

Briar Rose

Hi Helen

I like the different cards that Aeclectic puts on their front page. Today I saw, Tarot of Reflections I like the meanings of two cards shown. I wish I could see what's written in all these books before I buy the cards. To me, the meanings are really important.

I did more studing on the Sacred Circle and it is just so Pagan. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I understand it all. It's just so earthy. I don't mind that either. I don't know exactly how to express what I am feeling about the deck as a whole. It's very masculine. I don't mind that either.

I have my eye on Osho Zen, Enchanted Tarot, and I do like the Archeon deck.

a_shikhs

HeavensVault said:
What do you think of the deck, The Tarot of Dreams? and The Gilded Tarot?
Have you seen the Archeon Tarot cards? I was thinking of buying the Osho deck. well, get back to me when you can.

I have the Gilded, Osho Zen and the Archeon Tarot.. All of them are my favourites.. :)

Osho Zen is very easy to read with and i use it more like an oracle than tarot.

Gilded is beautiful and based on RWS which makes it simpler for me to connect with and it has lovely minute details in it which makes your readings better..

Archeon Tarot is breathtaking. It is such a beautiful and a dark deck and yet so lively and gothic. It really speaks out to you.. i plan to sit with it and jot down a few notes this coming weekend..

harleyquinn

hey

i have both the archeon and gilded tarot and they r amazing decks i haven't had much time to sit and use them with work and all but i was glad i purchased them they are really cool to look at
*~~HARLEYQUINN~~*

Sheri

I have the Tarot of Dreams and really like using it. It was the first deck that I felt comfortable doing exclusively intuitive readings with, and it was only the second deck I had ever read with. I got the glossy finish, so it was interesting figuring out how to shuffle them adequately, but well worth any extra effort. I also like the added bonus of the CD. Seeing the Majors animated is just breathtaking!

valeria :)

raventepes

I have the Gilded Tarot, the Archeon Tarot and the Osho Zen Tarot. All of them are amazing. Though I don't have the ToD, I want a deck. If you like the dark atmosphere of the Archeon, I'd reccomend getting the Gothic Tarot (J. Vargo). It's as stunningly breathtakeing as the Archeon as it is accurate in readings.

Like a_shikhs said about the Osho Zen, I too use it more as an oracle than I do a true tarot deck. Very easy to read. Even someone who's never picked up a tarot deck can read them.

Netzach

I think the Tarot of Dreams is stunningly beautiful and I find it a very good deck to read with intuitively. I can also read intuitively with Osho Zen but I use it less often because it seems to work best with spiritually-based questions.

Fatima

I have both Gilded and Tarot of Dreams.
The Gilded is nicer on the screen than in reality I found, but nice still. Perfect size for handling and all.
The Tarot of Dreams is stunning but huge! Not used to big size decks, so I find it hard to handle and shuffle.
Otherwise both are beautiful decks. The Gilded is closer to the RWS tradition while the ToD takes more liberty...

http://www.ciromarchetti.com/

F.