Sabian Symbols Study Group: Taurus Degree 16 - #46

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: TAURUS
Degree: 16
Number: 46

Symbol: AN OLD MAN IS ATTEMPTING, WITH A DEGREE OF SUCCESS UNSUSPECTED BY HIM, TO REVEAL THE MYSTERIES TO THE MOTLEY GROUP.

Elven

The Karmic Symbol for Taurus 16 is:

TAURUS 15 ~ A MAN WITH A SILK HAT, MUFFLED AGAINST THE COLD, BRAVES A STORM.

The Quest Symbol for Taurus 16 is:

TAURUS 17 ~ A SYMBOLIC BATTLE BETWEEN'SWORDS' THE DISCIPLES OF MIGHT, AND 'TORCHES', THE DISCIPLES OF ENLIGHTENMENT.

The Opposite Symbol for Taurus 16 is:

SCORPIO 16 ~ A GIRLS FACE BREAKING INTO A SMILE.

The 3 symbol in Tension with Taurus 16 are:

LEO 16 ~ BRILLIANT SUNSHINE JUST AFTER A STORM.

SCORPIO 16 ~ A GIRLS FACE BREAKING INTO A SMILE.

AQUARIUS 16 ~ A BIG-BUSINESS MAN AT HIS DESK.

Symbols of the 5 Pointed Star (72 degree apart) from Taurus 16 are:

CANCER 28 ~ AN INDIAN GIRL INTRODUCES HER COLLEGE BOYFRIEND TO HER ASSEMBLED TRIBE.

LIBRA 10 ~ A CANOE IS APPROACHING SAFETY THROUGH DANGEROUS WATERS.

SAGITTARIUS 22 ~ A CHINEESE LAUNDRY.

PISCES 4 ~ HEAVY TRAFFIC ON A NARROW ISTHMUS LINKING TWO SEASIDE RESORTS.

Blessings
Elven x

tink27

Okay, I'm going to need help with this one. If I look at the previous symbol of a man braving a storm wearing a silk hat, I'm getting a visual of a cocoon of energy around this old man. And the cocoon looks closed in, old and tattered. This can happen to the young or old when we isolate and create walls around ourselves.

Has this 'old man' had to exert great control and integrity most of his life? IF so, has he had to suppress his energy? What if he did make an interesting discovery but never publicized his invention? Is it now that he has been given the opportunity to present his ideas? Does he want to? Or is he working hard to keep his ideas and his work hidden.

What is contained and hidden within our web of energy is experiences and information (data) that we've accrued over the years. Communicating and opening our awareness links us directly to mind-to-mind contact.

Unaware, the old man's thoughts and memories traveled along and through the etheric and nervous systems of the Motley Group, flooding their consciousness. Why is my energy shifting uneasily right now. Who is the Motley Group? Parasites looking for a new host or people truly wanting to share this 'old man's ideas?

tink

MCsea

Oh I have LOTS to share about this symbol - THIS my rising sign symbol but this is the first story - and words hardly adequately explain it.. but Ill try

Just this week we went to our local museum and the Gyuto Monks (Tibetan monks) were there (They are AMAZING - I hope you get to SEE a master one day also see Kundun the movie - or seven years in tibet) anyway we were invited to a meditation session with one of the masters, he left Tibet with the Dali Lama is now over 70 and so peaceful prayerful compassionate and 'holy' its hard to describe, his spirit shimmered in his physical body - truly amazing.

WE had two short meditation sessions where he showed us how to let go (of fear, loss, unhappiness) though focusing on Buddha OR another holy figure that we felt comfortable with and then the second session to let nothing enter your mind.. concentrate on the OM or nothing to enhance bliss...

The teaching WAS - IS an expression of this symbol, he was the master - SO THE MASTER - and we oh what a MOTLEY GROUP (Motley being a haphazard assortment of different kinds) well we were children, aged, mothers, fathers, priests, doctors, sisters and brothers, about 150 people.. and I know in a moment I FELT the message, I saw it was possible to live this HAPPY life in this life, but can I sustain it? oh no... not yet anyway.. I feel many did not even 'see' the possibility I am sure some did not even understand BUT The blessing was that during our one hour session, we were all together as one in compassion and respect... we were all attempting together to reach the same goal - happiness

The symbol of success was so beautiful, as we concluded the session with question time, a small golden haired child - about 4 years old ran into the theatrette looking for his mother, as he spotted her, he dashed in front of the master giggling and clung to his mother, the master laughed nodded and prayed, saying it was a beautiful sign, - - - it was MY SON!! and at that moment I SAW how this event was my rising sign sabian symbol - a physical expression of the symbol. Further to that the mandala the monks were greating was the mother energy mandala I found that out the next day.

Marina

MCsea

For years I wrongly thought my rising sign was the next symbol SYMBOLIC BATTLE BETWEEN 'SWORDS' THE DISCIPLES OF MIGHT, AND 'TORCHES', THE DISCIPLES OF ENLIGHTENMENT. I see how it follows on perfectly but I just did not feel that passionate or argumentative! then we looked 2 minutes earlier for my birth and my mother and I said OOOOOHHHHHHH THAT'S YOUR SYMBOL - this motley crew one... it fits my life the life people SEE I have perfectly... I have at special times felt like a master and more often one of the motley crew!

Tink Ill have a go at your comments..

I do feel to some extent this symbol is saying the 'master' is cocooned, or separate, of course, it has to be, cant live a normal life and attain that kind of magic/holiness it is hard work to be a Priest/ess the Pope the Dali Lama in the best ways, but in our daily lives it can mean 'time out' and learning time, still the stillness is there. Think of an author who shuts the world out to produce something its HARD WORK...

When someone who appears to KNOW something other people value - they are asked questions all the time - ALL THE TIME, and the questions are more often than not the SAME question - that drains the masters energy... its when the master has tried to convince 1000 or more people that something - some physical thing OR spiritual ideal WORKS and all you have to DO is xyz... and no one appears to hear.. well why continue to pursue it... so back to is he keeping his ideas hidden OR is the motley crew not accepting the exposed message... how much effort is required and how many people does the master have to proove themselves to.

A case in point is the sabian symbols they ALWAYS work for me - ALWAYS for my whole family (Aunts cousins) and I, but try as we may we cant convert the world to 'understanding' them for one reason or another, people say the symbols are SO HARD to understand there are so many of them etc etc etc... but they work I say.. anyway that's an aspect I think of what you were asking when you talk about the hidden qualities of the master...

Tink you wrote -
"Unaware, the old man's thoughts and memories travelled along and through the etheric and nervous systems of the Motley Group, flooding their consciousness. Why is my energy shifting uneasily right now. Who is the Motley Group? " THIS is so close to the experience I had with the Master monk - apart from he was very aware of what he was doing...
then you say
"Parasites looking for a new host or people truly wanting to share this 'old man's ideas?" great choice of words PARASITE
[n] an animal or plant that lives in or on a host (another animal or plant); the parasite obtains nourishment from the host without benefiting or killing the host (VERY Buddhist!)
[n] a follower who hangs around a host (without benefit to the host) in hope of gain or advantage

Oh yes - that's right lots of people are looking for the divine energy that we LIVE OFF... so many people there at the monks wanted to be told they were special, that they or their child was another chosen one, where the monks were trying to say we are ALL chosen we are ALL special we are ALL beautiful... why some of the crew dont get it, why they dont listen why 'we' forget so easily I think comes with being human..

Pertinacity is the key word from Dr M E Jones - DETERMINATION is the key, we keep at it - breathing that is for example - even though its harder than nt breathing - we are here to live and live we do.

MARINA

PS MORE TO COME

MCsea

Dr M E Jones has the Key Word Pertinacity and discusses the value of higher vision.

Solar fire has the body part as Part of Body: Carotid arteries

Element Clay
Discussion Clay is a technical term that means a very fine grained rock. Clays are heavy in texture and soft to the touch. Clay is a malleable substance when wet, which means it can be shaped easily with the hands. When dry, it becomes firm and when "fired," or hardened by intense heat, clay becomes permanently solid. Depending on the content of the soil, clay can appear in various colors, from a dull gray to a deep orange-red. This symbol has clay as its element as in clay tablets, these tablets are the earliest libraries, ancient ways of recording all sorts of information. Spiritually, clay is a vessel to contain emotions and spirit.

Imagining the very first time a human wrote something in clay for a permanent message, what the people around may have thought.

tink27

MCsea said:
For years I wrongly thought my rising sign was the next symbol SYMBOLIC BATTLE BETWEEN 'SWORDS' THE DISCIPLES OF MIGHT, AND 'TORCHES', THE DISCIPLES OF ENLIGHTENMENT. I see how it follows on perfectly but I just did not feel that passionate or argumentative! then we looked 2 minutes earlier for my birth and my mother and I said OOOOOHHHHHHH THAT'S YOUR SYMBOL - this motley crew one... it fits my life the life people SEE I have perfectly... I have at special times felt like a master and more often one of the motley crew!

Tink Ill have a go at your comments..

MARINA

PS MORE TO COME

Thank you for responding to my thread. There is much I would like to say, especially on the Element Clay, but I had a hard day at work and my mind just isn't thinking clearly right now.

From your knowledgeable posts, you have been studying the Sabian symbols for a while. How does one find their symbol for the rising sign. Is it the degree with which it is in, or is there more in its calcuation. My ascendant is Leo 26.25 degrees,
Leo 27 ( which is also my day of birth) The Luminescence Of Dawn In The Eastern Sky.

Marina quote "then we looked 2 minutes earlier for my birth and my mother and I said OOOOOHHHHHHH THAT'S YOUR SYMBOL "

Could you explain to me and others here how you did this? It's very interesting!

Thanks

tink

MCsea

HI Tink,
I LOVE the symbols, I have been working with them for at least 7 years, but have been working with symbols since I was 6.. BUT I don't think its time that matters, its passion and intuition and an OPEN MIND - actually the open mind is the most important, never say never and all that.. anyway

I am fortunate enough to own the astrology software solar fire and I can do my own chart... and look at it often!
So to explain how I got the rising sabian symbol more accurately
my mother always said I was born at 10pm on the DOT, why argue when she was there right?.. so we always worked out my chart this way, till quite recently.. when I said Oh my mid heaven sabian symbol (which I can see on the solar fire astrology program) is the SAME as my Newfoundland dogs SUN symbol - a bear with 4 paws in the air - like her SO CUTE.. Oh SO ME, but my rising sign well was just not me.. I FELT it was just not right.. anyway I had another friend who had NO idea of their time of birth we went though every 2-3 minutes of her birth DAY till we found the 'right' combination for her time of birth, I thought - wow every minute or so the rising and midheaven change on your astrology chart.. and I changed mine by less than 2 minutes - and found the 'perfect' sabian symbol this one really resonated with my life!

So the moral to the story is the EXACT time of birth can really lead to a deeper clearer understanding of your sabian symbols... particularly with the mid heaven and rising signs keeping in mind the sabian symbol before after still influence the actual symbol..

SO If your TIME is accurate your rising sybmol will be accurate - and wow what a beautiful symbol tink! Dawn!!

tink27

Thanks MCsea

MCsea said:
HI Tink,
I LOVE the symbols, I have been working with them for at least 7 years, but have been working with symbols since I was 6.. BUT I don't think its time that matters, its passion and intuition and an OPEN MIND - actually the open mind is the most important, never say never and all that.. anyway

SO If your TIME is accurate your rising sybmol will be accurate - and wow what a beautiful symbol tink! Dawn!!

Ohh I do believe in the passion, intuition and open mind. Since working with the symbols, I've noticed my intuition heightening. I've too have worked with symbols, after all everything we encounter and meet along the way is a symbol.

The time as far as I know is accurate, as indicated on my birth certificate. What I have noticed is different astrology programs can be different in the houses and minutes. And as you say, every minute can change the rising sign or the ascendant. I've had quite a reliable software program although I think it is time to upgrade.

In regard to the clay:

MCsea quote: Element Clay
"Discussion Clay is a technical term that means a very fine grained rock. Clays are heavy in texture and soft to the touch. Clay is a malleable substance when wet, which means it can be shaped easily with the hands. When dry, it becomes firm and when "fired," or hardened by intense heat, clay becomes permanently solid. Depending on the content of the soil, clay can appear in various colors, from a dull gray to a deep orange-red. This symbol has clay as its element as in clay tablets, these tablets are the earliest libraries, ancient ways of recording all sorts of information. Spiritually, clay is a vessel to contain emotions and spirit.

Imagining the very first time a human wrote something in clay for a permanent message, what the people around may have thought."

Being of a scientific mind, I've always been interested in biology and the myth of the Promethian Fire.

Prometheus stole the fire of the sun from Olympus by hiding a glowing charcoal in a stalk of fennel and taking it to mortal beings who had been condemned by the angry Zeus to eat their flesh raw. So, the cause for which Prometheus suffered was his love for the human race. Humans were punished by Zeus but Prometheus took pity on them and gave them warmth. He was therefore punished too by Zeus.

A controverial new theory states that organic life did not evolve from a caldron of primoridal soup as had been thought - but from clay! Could could store energy from its environment and transfer back to organic molecues, which in turn would follow the patterns of the clay to live and to produce. This unique ability allowed clay to from the matrix for biological life after the earth was formed.

When a new clay crystal froms on an old one, the 'child' takes on the dinstinctive characterisitics of its parents. BUT if the new crystal 'flakes off' and goes its separate way, the individuality and distinctiveness of the parent may live on in its offspring. So, clay crystals can undergo natural selection and actually evolve!

Now that's cool!

tink

MCsea

Tink - the clay information IS COOL, so all that in the bible about God being the potter and we being the clay could actually be a little more true than I thought ;) So clay itself may be much more revealing than first thought!

Oh yes all astrological software can vary slightly, and of course depends on what types of charts you use, I use placidius for natal charts and draconic for soul promise charts. I think thats why the symbols are so important, even if our time is 'right' it may not be right right in some cases... best to double check with the symbols :)

THANK YOU

MARINA