Sabian Symbols Study Group: Taurus Degree 25 - #55

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: TAURUS
Degree: 25
Number: 55

Symbol: A LARGE WELL KEPT PUBLIC PARK.

tink27

After all that fighting and scalping we sure could use a little relaxation, a time out to return to the beauty and richness of nature.

We have a park not far from my home. The city hired a gardener and his crew to care for the land who have, it looks to me, primed the trees and scrubs in the shapes of sacred symbols. What a delight this is for apartment dwellers like me and for those who have tiny backyards or unable to plant a garden.

Community spirit is high in this little park and the young ones have an area designed specifically for their scurrying feet and curious minds. Just a little ways away, parents and others can relax by the walkways or under a huge oak tree surrounds by plants, rocks and water. It’s like a little sanctuary or a place of contemplation to commune with one’s spirit.

Pine trees adorn the park and I remember once looking up, and noticing that when we do this the lower jaw automatically drops back allowing our Inner Self to see and enjoy the mysteries of nature. We are such brief visitors here the Self says, come, let’s slow our minds to be able to touch the spirit of the land and observe its different seasons.

But just a block away from this paradise sits all around this little park, concrete buildings, concrete sidewalks and roads totally separate from nature. In years to come what will become of this little park as more buildings are built, less and less direct sunlight, no fresh air, water or natural food? Will we survive?

And what of the teens and teenagers of today?.More and more they are on the internet. What are they searching for, information? No, their looking for other humans. What else do they have at their disposal in a culture that values competition over cooperation, and so-called family values over community values? My god we’re becoming a society that is losing its ability to touch itself! The internet has become a secure, safe, electronic way to experience or be a part of a global community. And it is creating a great shift! We have people from all walks of life, people who are revolutionists and ecologists, etc., who in their own way are bringing us back in touch with the rhythms of nature and the holistic quest for a shared consciousness minus the trees, the gardens, the fresh air......

Ohh I’ve babbled enough!

tink

MCsea

Dr Jones says the key word is recreation.

Body part - Lower jaw (relax that lower jaw and watch your cares fly away)

The park theme in this symbol can indicate renewal, meditation, and spirituality. As the key word is recreation I think it means physical activities that refresh and renew - health and spirits - enjoyment and relaxation

Like Tink this is the anthem I have for this symbol -

They took all the trees
And put them in a tree museum
And they charged all the people
A dollar and a half just to see'em.
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
Till it's gone.
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot.

- Joni Mitchell, Big Yellow Taxi

Element Brazilianite
Brazilianite is an unusual green-yellow phosphate based gemstone. This stone promotes friendship and lightens up your aura. ITs green reminds me of the park trees and grasses, the yellow - the sun through the leaves it is a very uplifting element.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 54.jpg
    54.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 233