Depression spread?

Pixiedreams

Anyone know of a spread that would help with depression? Such as what causes the depression and how to alleviate it? Thanks!

Ally

vision777

well i hope this can help i have a spread called inner strength
1 -my responsibilities.
2-what i love
3-what my inner voice is telling me
4-my decision

i did this spread when i was feeling a little depress it kind of helps remind you how important life is!

mahimaisme

depression spread

hello pixie.

i used a depression spread recently with a friend i read for and i'll just share it here with you: this is a spread created with the world spirit SUN card as its inspiration. in my readings with this spread, i use this sun as the significator, altho that isn't essential...

-----5-----------------------------
---------------3-------------------
--------------SUN--------2---------
---------------1-------------------
---------------4-------------------

card 1: my primary source of joy- therefore the area of your life/ person that heas the greatest potential to bring you joy, and the area where you should try and focus+ put in more energy.

2- other sources of joy

3- my contribution to my level of joy

4- the root cause of my depression and therefore the area i must recognise and treat

5- advice on how best i can deal with this and overcome this situation.

i hope this helps :)

mahima.

mryt ntrw

Discovering Joy Exercise

I found a great exercise in Mary Greer's "Tarot for your Self" which was really helpful. It's not a spread, it's more a way of investigating experiences. It's called "Discovering Joy". You basically select six cards that describe things that make you feel happy, listing the card and the experience you attach to it. Then you review the previous two days, and list every little thing that gave you even a momentary glimmer of happiness, and pick a card to represent each. How are the two lists similar, how are they different? Then you observe the cards occuring in your daily readings and see what happens when they occur.

Having the spur to actively look for happiness, acknowledge it, sometimes even making it happen, was a great break through for me.

There is a whole chapter in this book on dealing with moods emotions and relationships, and a prosperity and planning chapter, which also has some relevant exercises.

Hope this helps