Blue Howlite Stone

geministar

I brought a Howlite stone the other day. I was drawn to it because of its colour, a bright blue, like the colour of turqoise. I was told it is a dead stone and thats why it is now blue. What exactly does a 'dead stone' mean and is it possible that it could have been dyed?

I have been carrying a lot of self doubt lately and was told the reason I may have been attracted to this stone was because I may need some protection (which is what turqoise is used for). Does this mean a stone can be used for different purposes just because its colour is different to usual? Do you know what I mean?

LadyMedusa

hi geministar,

I don't have any experience with Howlite personally but I can pass on what Melody's "Love is in the Earth" has to say.

"Howlite crystalizes in the form of white nodules, compact masses, and tabular crystals.

This mineral can be used to calm communications, to facillitate awareness, and to encourage emotional expression.

It tends to combine the power of reasoning with observation and patience, providing for discernment, retentive memory and a laudable desire for knowledge, bringing progress marked with triumph. It spurs one towards ambition to reach ones goals and assists in eleminating hesitation with respect to action.

It dispels criticalness, cold selfishness, and facetiousness, bringing both strength and innocence to immediate confrontations, It buolds an inate decency within ones character, encouraging those attributes which are the building blocks of spirituality.

Howlite can be used to eliminate pain, stress and rage; hence it is quite nice to have around. It can help lessen rudeness and boisterousness, and can provide for a reflection of the offender to the offender. It discourages impertinent behavior and encourages subtlety and tact.

This mineral can be useful for balancing calcium levels in the body, both stimulating increase or decrease dependent on the area. It can also be used in the tratment of disorders of the teeth, bone structure, and soft tissues."

I can see several ways in which this could help with "self doubt" especially when the causes of and effects of are considered.

As for the color, maybe someone else has some knowledge about that.

LadyMedusa

redflash

Hi, all I can remember of blue howlite is that it is white howlite that is dyed blue.

It's a lovely looking stone. There doesn't seem to be much information about the metaphysical properties of blue howlite online, it seems more of the white.

I will dig my crystal books out & see what I can find ! xx

Added : Apparently it has all the properties of white howlite & also helps aid dream recall, allowing you to access the insights that your dreams bring. Hope that helps. xx

catlin

Yes, blue Howlite is dyed blue (and very often sold to unsuspecting souls as "Turquoise", but as for healing properties, blue Howlite and Turquoise have nothing in common). To me Howlite is kind of a softener, it works gentle and may take several days until you realize that it is working.

redflash

I bought a piece of natural white howlite to put under my pillow in the hope it would help me sleep. It took about a week but my sleep problem has improved lots, I only wake up once or twice a night now, before it was more than a dozen times a night.

Sherringham

Lady Medusa

Reading Lady Medusa's reply: I have a rescue dog who is still very fear aggressive and I wondered if the blue howlite could help him? We are his 9th home and he suffers from Rage Syndrome and is extremely volatile with strangers and has nipped/bitten people. When we are out (at vets etc) I have to muzzle him, but this is not ideal, I want a content dog not a restrained one...... any other ideas anyone, please

lark

Sherringham said:
Reading Lady Medusa's reply: I have a rescue dog who is still very fear aggressive and I wondered if the blue howlite could help him? We are his 9th home and he suffers from Rage Syndrome and is extremely volatile with strangers and has nipped/bitten people. When we are out (at vets etc) I have to muzzle him, but this is not ideal, I want a content dog not a restrained one...... any other ideas anyone, please
Lepidolite~ is an excellent stone for dogs that have behavioural problems
Moss agate and Brown Banded Agate~ are good for rescue animals.
Charoite~ prevents dogs from being too territorial.
Blue Celestite/Celestine~ helps a rescued animal to trust again.
Blue Calcite~ good for dogs that tend to lash out and snap at people or other animals.
Prehnite~ calms hyperactive animals.
Rose quartz ~is an excellent stone for animals that have been obtained from a rescue center, who maybe tramatized, or for strays.
Citrine~ helps a pet especially a rescued one to settle sucessfully into their new home.
Copper and Mookaite ~ calms an animal that can't seem to settle.
Blue Lace agate~ reduces barking in dogs.
Blue quartz is the best all around healing stone for animals.

Hope some of these help.

BLUE HOWLITE~ I found it in one of my books..it is dyed but it does still have many useful properties.

I think the reference to the "dead stone" might be that Howlite is sometimes called "bones of the earth."

PROPERTIES:

Divinatory significance~ your talents and strengths are greater than you realize, so take on new opportunities even if you do not feel you are qualified or sufficiently experienced.

Healing wise~ blue howlite will flood your system with strength and stamina long after any treatment you are having ends.
It is good for bones, teeth, upperpart of the spine, and neck.
Eases recurring throat or tonsil infections.
It's an energizing stone for new mothers with twins...triplets or premature infants.

It is a protective stone especially for people who want out of the rat race...and for young adults who are still finding their place in the world.

Wonderful house blessing stone.

Blue Howlite as far as animals go is a protective stone for the runt of the litter.

It is a dream stone; will bring healing in dreams, and will assist with astral travel during sleep.

Recharge~ place with watermelon Tourmaline or Amethyst to rest it.

That's all I could find, hope that helps.

Sherringham

Wow thankyou lark!! that should help Harry a lot, its mainly distrust of people, he has a healed break in one front leg, a damaged rib cage,and some other physical damage, spent some time locked in a cupboard, so who can blame him.

lark

Poor (((((Harry)))))
I can't believe how cruel people can be sometimes!
I'm glad he found a good home with you. :)

Sherringham

Lark, have a selection of the stones/crystals you recommended for Harry cleansing on my quartz cluster, shall update you when appropriate!! Thanx