Empress R-past abortion?

Evaliana

Just thought I would tell you about another reading I did last night for a friend of a friend. The reversed empress came up with reversed queen of cups and a bunch of sad cards (ie moon) and I just felt by looking at it that she had an abortion in the past. Hesitant to ask, I did ask her and she said yes..just stunned her and me. Has anyone else felt this about the Empress Reversed?

stpcarly

Yes, I have seen the empress mean abortion and unwanted pregnancy. It seems to fit.

blackroseivy

That is a very useful bit of info on this card, indeed...

webmuse

I've seen miscarriages in it, but not abortions yet. The queen of cups R I think more as the abortion card. For me it's like a mermaid upright and a siren reversed. Sirens get bad press, I know. They were just singing about knowledge!! But they really aren't the pregnancy type.

meat

Interseting. I would guess a reversed empress, and nine of swords some place would mean abortion, or STD.

MoonLitCrystal

What about the Hierophant reversed? That could mean something unconventional....in some families and in some time periods abortions are/were very unconventional.

meat

yea, or reversed hierophant could mean incest and abortion was a result.

Little Baron

I wonder about the '3 of Coins', as I often think of the coins as being physical.

LB