Where Major Tom Throws His Toys Out of the Pram About the Using Tarot Cards Board

Major Tom

duplicate thread

Wah! Wah!
You hear the sound of a tambourine flying through the air before hitting the floor. Chink! Jingle, jingle. Bang!

What card is it when it’s just no fun any more? The Devil? The five of Swords? The seven of Wands? The Heiropope reversed? The Ace of Cups spilt?

Wah! Wah!
You hear the sound of a slide whistle go from high to low and back before that too hits the floor. DOOOoooOOO! Clatter, scree!

Even though the question garners all sorts of answers from all sorts of people and even gives a few of those a chance to appear exceptionally wise, it is completely pointless because none of the answers can be wrong and no one is going to learn anything that will be remotely useful in a future reading!

Wah! Wah!
You hear the crank being turned on a Jack-in-the-box and a voice sing along to the music. “All around the mulberry bush, the Monkey chased the Weasel. The Monkey thought it was all in fun. POP! goes the Weasel. Bang! Crash! Clatter!

The real answer to the question is that it’s the card that turns up in your particular reading indicating that it’s just no fun anymore. And you will recognise that card by the question asked, the position in the spread and the surrounding cards.

Wah! Wah!
You hear the sound of a cord being pulled on a talking doll. Zip, thunk. A high squeaky voice says, “I love you. Do you love me?” Rip! The doll’s head comes off. Thud! And it hits the floor. Thunk! This followed closely by the body leaking stuffing.

What does the High Priestess or the Knight of Wands or the Three of Swords or the Tower or the Empress or the Hermit or the Five of Swords mean in a relationship reading?

The real answer is most likely how you felt as soon as you turned the card over! You really, really shouldn’t try to do a relationship reading for yourself until you are absolutely certain you won’t be attached to a particular answer! Go welcome 25 New Members then accept an offer for a reading on the Reading Exchange. Better still, buy a reading from a professional! There’s some things you just shouldn’t attempt until you’re ready. But if you really can’t help yourself, try to pay attention to how you feel when you see the cards. Make sure you have tissues to clean up the mess and wash your hands after.

Wah! Wah! Mumble, mumble.
The best way to use tarot cards is with a sense of wonder and fun. That’s why folks like furmitten, Umbel and Buhbuh Czech are so good at it. Mumble, mumble.

Wah! Wah!
Wah! Wah!

I want some milk and a nap.
Can I have my toys back?

You can hear the sound of drums beating a rythym of six in the distance.

I love…

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

webmuse

I've never been a relationship girl. I've had other issues. But in those other issues . . .

So, 80% of the time the Daughter of Swords in the Motherpeace deck would come up for me in the self position. I'm cool with that. She's a tough cookie with some good idea.

Okay, but in the last 3 months that has all changed. In the 4 readings I have done it has always been the Crone (Hermit) reversed.

I've always felt very close to Crone energy. But the Crone!! Now!?? REVERSED!?? Ugh. I mean, I'm a bit of a recluse, but . . . a misanthrope???????

So, I've been working on turning that Crone right side up and accepting my time, place, and lonely pursuit of knowledge as a GOOD thing. Not a disaster. It's tough. I miss my Daughter of Swords!!! But it's getting better.

earth en lady

hee hee
want some whisky in that milk ;)
on a slightly more serious note I spent years reading books ,getting confused following my cards .......................until I was ready and settled enough to trust myself ,now I use them as gateways to imagination and intuition take for instance this evening I met the King of Ancestors /stones (pentacles who invited me into his dolmen and showed me a beautiful vision of how he whirls the earth into patterns to create whatever he needs which then continued deeper into vision to what I needed to see .............but its taken me years to see what is under my nose :) and what i see is transmutes and changes
Blessings

Lady Orchard

Major Tom, see where you're coming from definitely. The reading should be a personal, intuitive experience, and each card obviously depends on the cards around it at that time.

But for tarot newbies like myself, such posts serve a good purpose....they get me thinking about cards, it's always easier to think more freely and be objective on somebody else's readings. And so maybe gives me an added perspective when I do my own readings.

Just my 2 cents

Baroli

Ahhh Gee,.......

Actually, I agree with Major Tom. That's one of the reasons I gave up the cards, besides finding religion, (didn't know it was lost?), anyway it wasn't until now, or rather back in February that I was guided to a decision to return to the Tarot. But I am still learning still trying to understand, and I still cannot read for myself, so I have done the reading exchange thing, paid for a professional to look at the cards, and where there are great friends in the business, we exchange readings. I agree. And until I am ready; practice, practice, practice.

Baroli
Major Tom, I have some nice brandy for that glass of milk.

PS Oh,..... did I say practice???:laugh: :laugh:

Rosanne

Major Tom said:
What card is it when it’s just no fun any more? The Devil? The five of Swords? The seven of Wands? The Heiropope reversed? The Ace of Cups spilt?
Even though the question garners all sorts of answers from all sorts of people and even gives a few of those a chance to appear exceptionally wise, it is completely pointless because none of the answers can be wrong and no one is going to learn anything that will be remotely useful in a future reading

There is a God.
I found a card that told me to be a lurker instead of participating, except when I find something worth printing out.(after I picked myself up from the floor laughing) That same card informed that I was Gay/Christian/Pagan/Prostitute/left handed....which was right of course~Rosanne

Lillie

Major Tom said:
Wah! Wah!
Wah! Wah!

I want some milk and a nap.
Can I have my toys back?

No.

You're a bad boy.

You can't have your toys till you learn to play properly, in the approved manner.

But I'm going to put a drop of earth en lady's whisky in that milk, and we'll see if your a good boy when you wake up from you nap.

Umbrae

We’ve now had somewhere’s around three or four generations of enjoying a mostly educated society.

We go to school.

We study – and are taught…

We get a good grade.

Awarded by someone who is in authority to grant it to us…a grade.

We’ve had about four generations of various media telling us ‘to be informed’ and by implication – they are in that exalted position – and qualified.

And so we have a developed need to be told. We have cultivated a need to have our hand held. We believe we need the books.

I mean…what if…?

What if…you could learn to ride a bicycle on your own?

What if…you learned to drive on Uncle Clifford’s tractor? All alone…

Okay – these are metaphors, don’t get excited.

It’s why I always suggest burning LWB’s…and putting the books away until you have developed your own sense of the cards, your own meanings.

Now…let’s answer the question about what the Empress next to the Three of Swords means…

Well…

Were you listening?

When you turned it over…just then…she spoke to you. What did she say? Were you listening?

And when you looked at that space between the cards…what did you hear…just then…take those little words – give them wing – speak them…

Or if you’re really stuck, try the majestic Toothpicks.

Oh and hey, barkeep? Could Major Tom and I have two more Bushmills?

crazelion

Lillie said:
No.

You're a bad boy.

You can't have your toys till you learn to play properly, in the approved manner.

But I'm going to put a drop of earth en lady's whisky in that milk, and we'll see if your a good boy when you wake up from you nap.

LOL That's was funny