Ocean Oracle: Shell Seekers Wanted - new study

shell oracle

Hi everyone,
Long time no see :) I hope this hiatus has given you all time to read and absorb the information from the previous postings. During this time, I learned more, and if you are willing, there are a few exercises that might prove to be enlightening and fun.

Elf and I were talking, and she inspired me to come up with a little exercise called Earth, Sea and Sky.

Earth is represented by shell #54, The Green Tree Snail. Sky is the Hawkwing Conch #122, and Sea is #36, The Chambered Nautilus.

If you would like to participate, simply take out shell #36, #122 and #54 and place them in front of you.
Focus on #36 and look at the overview plates to see what shells get your attention to go with the Nautilus.
Then, focus on #122, and see what shells go with the Hawkwing.
Then, focus on #54 and see what shells grab your attention to go with the Green Tree Snail.

If you prefer, you can also do this with your eyes closed. Allow yourself to pull out whatever shell cards feel like they go with each of the Earh, Sea and Sky shells.

#36, the Nautilus represents the patterns in your life that may no longer serve you.
#122, the Hawkwing takes you off automatic pilot status so that nothing gets past you.
#54, the Green Tree Snail, is a willingness to change your comfort zone.

Together, these shells are designed to assist you in discovering what patterns might be limiting you. If the pattern isn't serving you, the shells you put with each of these will give details about the pattern (Nautilus) and awareness of what you might not see (Hawkwing) and guidance on what might benefit you for new options (Green Tree Snail).

If any of you are willing to try this, please let me know if it was helpful.

Kahlie

I have to wait till 16th of June... and then hope my mother bought the deck for me ;) If not... then I'm going to try to see if I can afford it on my own!

This sounds like a very interesting exercise :)

Kahlie

Satori

I'm game Shelley!
Will post my results.

I am definitely ready for a shell reading.

Satori

shell oracle said:
Earth is represented by shell #54, The Green Tree Snail
Sky is the Hawkwing Conch #122
Sea is #36, The Chambered Nautilus

#36, the Nautilus represents the patterns in your life that may no longer serve you.
#122, the Hawkwing takes you off automatic pilot status so that nothing gets past you.

Together, these shells are designed to assist you in discovering what patterns might be limiting you. If the pattern isn't serving you, the shells you put with each of these will give details about the pattern (Nautilus) and awareness of what you might not see (Hawkwing) and guidance on what might benefit you for new options (Green Tree Snail).

As always the shells get right to the point.
I just shuffled and pulled cards from the deck.

EARTH:
Willingness to change my comfort zone:
84:Money Cowrie: Money; abundance; prosperity
87:Egg Cowrie: Hiding emotions behind a mask; false bravado
178:Nigrite Murex: Courage to overcome negative emotions such as anger and depression

This seems to focus on my beliefs of being worthy of prosperity.
That I need to stop feeling depressed or upset about our finances and allow money in...I need to be attractive to prosperity...like attracts like, right? But also, feel my feelings and let them pass on and be gone once and for all...instead of lying and saying I feel good about money...when I don't.

SEA
Patterns that no longer serve me:
56: Candy-Stripe Tree Snail:Home, Property, Material possessions
138: Noble Frog Shell:Finding the ideal partner-my prince charming
111: Turkey Wing Ark:Unhealthy behaviour that must come to an end immediately

This is an interesting little grouping, isn't it?
So a few things pop up, all of them intensely personal! LOL.
We are just now do a refinance and will use the $$ to start a real estate business...so the first speaks to that...
But I think too the shells are saying, get healthy, stop putting off losing the weight, and get your husband to do the same, because right now he ain't the perfect partner, and then again, perhaps I'm not Snow White.

SKY:
Takes me off Auto-pilot so nothing gets past me:
83: Isabella Cowrie; Uncontrollable fear panic
125: Alphabet Cone: Needing to master the fundamentals before proceeding; tendency to skip steps
135:West Indian Cup and Saucer:A party celebration; social event

This is the most confusing one for me.
I tend to want to just get things done, not really enjoying the process. Like with shell reading, I just want to be able to read like Shelley. Never mind studying shells and mollusks and all of the ocean stuff. Just give me a download Shell!
I feel like I have mastered the fear and panic...but there is a fear around the real estate biz that we will lose our house, our shirts, our hard work will not payoff...

And I've felt like my hubby hasn't researched enough, so I"ve started doing some reading and it feels like there is so much to know, that we aren't ready to begin yet...and I'm a trial by fire person too.....I kind of need to just get into something to learn it.

But then throw in a party???
Not sure. I'm thinking of having a Tarot party...a bbq here for the local tarot folk...but...as relates to this reading a party? Maybe a party mentality?

What do you think Shelley?

shell oracle

Hi Elf,
Thanks for giving this a test drive. I am sure that your interpretation is very accurate since you know your situation best. If I might add a few thoughts, I noticed a few things, little clues, and then it grew from there. Each shell left me with a question. I arrived at an answer, but it may be based upon intuition. Let me see if I can back track to show you the reasons for my conclusions.

Sea: Material possessions, unhealthy behavior, partner
Under Sea, it seems to suggest that your pattern has been to connect your partner with fulfilling your material needs, but the “unhealthy” behavior is a clue that something was missing. What was missing? Perhaps the missing piece is that you were not focusing equally on your emotional or spiritual needs.

Sky: Fear, fundamentals, celebration
As for
elf said:
But then throw in a party???
Not sure. I'm thinking of having a Tarot party...a bbq here for the local tarot folk...but...as relates to this reading a party? Maybe a party mentality?

I think the problem is that cup and saucer does not have to involve an actual party…just the cause for celebration. Here, your hidden fear can be discovered because it comes with guidance for resolution. Banishing a fear would certainly be a reason to celebrate. What is the source of the fear? The shells seem to suggest that you were skipping some steps, which left you vulnerable. Maybe having your eye on the prize, but without the information or inclination to lay the foundation to get there? Going about your relationship on automatic pilot, may have blinded you to seeing this.

Earth: Money, Hiding emotions, Courage to overcome negative feelings
On the surface, this looks like you might consider changing your willingness to wear a mask and access your courage to overcome your feelings regarding money. But what if it is about changing your comfort zone even around money?

Here is where the intuition kicked in. Combined, I think this is a recipe so that your focus in relationship goes deeper. The home and car are places you can interact with your partner. This is the material relationship that has been your pattern. Because you can do the groundwork and be prepared, this is safe terrain for connection. But the fear and panic is in the arena that is hidden, the fear of taking the relationship to more emotional and spiritual levels. As long as you stop at the material level, all of your relating is based on material needs. If you consider changing the level of your relationship, to a deeper spiritual connection, the material needs will not play such a central role. The house and car will probably become non-issues because they no longer serve a purpose.

If changing your pattern results in a more fulfilling relationship, what a great cause for celebration!!!!!!!!!!!

December Fairy

shell oracle said:
Hi everyone,
Long time no see :) I hope this hiatus has given you all time to read and absorb the information from the previous postings. During this time, I learned more, and if you are willing, there are a few exercises that might prove to be enlightening and fun.

Elf and I were talking, and she inspired me to come up with a little exercise called Earth, Sea and Sky.

Earth is represented by shell #54, The Green Tree Snail. Sky is the Hawkwing Conch #122, and Sea is #36, The Chambered Nautilus.

If you would like to participate, simply take out shell #36, #122 and #54 and place them in front of you.
Focus on #36 and look at the overview plates to see what shells get your attention to go with the Nautilus.
Then, focus on #122, and see what shells go with the Hawkwing.
Then, focus on #54 and see what shells grab your attention to go with the Green Tree Snail.

If you prefer, you can also do this with your eyes closed. Allow yourself to pull out whatever shell cards feel like they go with each of the Earh, Sea and Sky shells.

If any of you are willing to try this, please let me know if it was helpful.

How do we want to write this out?

As it's titled?

#54 Earth
#36 Sea
#122 Sky

or

How it's listed in the last paragraph?

#36 Sea
#122 Sky
#54 Earth

I'm going to use the last set. Will post as soon as I get it done.

Does it matter how many cards we pull to add to each question?

shell oracle

December Fairy said:
How do we want to write this out?

As it's titled?

#54 Earth
#36 Sea
#122 Sky

or

How it's listed in the last paragraph?

#36 Sea
#122 Sky
#54 Earth

Thank you for your questions.
The exercise evolved from considering a pattern, (which is the Sea shell) and discovering what might be unseen, (the Sky shell) and with this revelation, where the shells might guide you in making changes (the Earth shell.)
So I agree with you, I should probably rename this the Sea, Sky, Earth exercise.

Does it matter how many cards we pull to add to each question?

The number of shells you add to each is unlimited. I always suggest that my clients take as many shells as they are drawn to, don't limit the number because that would limit your message. Your Higher Self is aware of the information it wants to deliver, and will use the shells to do so in the most efficient means for your Highest good.

That said, your question leads me to fine-tune the instructions. Rather than take a certain number of shells, set your intention to be drawn to the most efficient number of shells to deliver your message. For example, in this experiment, you may find yourself drawn to 6 shells when focusing on the Nautilus, but only 2 when focusing on the Tree Snail.

Thanks so much for participating :)

December Fairy

Sea
My Pattern
95~Sand Doller~Something being overlooked;the connection between the divine and one's own role in all life experiences, both good and bad.
73~Heart Cockle~Love, romance
52~Sea Horse~Being the ideal husband, father, or any nurturing male.

I make my own problems in love matters by not excepting what hubby gives.

I'm not sure if that's the right way to word it.

Sky
What I might not see
47~Pheasant Shell~Hesitant to commit; feeling one's way; playing it safe.
55~Placostylus Land Snail~Getting what you wish for; nothing standing in the way.
28~Long-Ribbed Limpet~Looking for where the grass is greener but needing to look in one's own backyard; looking for answers outside oneself when they reside within.

Holding back, for #55 I am seeing it (for this reading) as if you keep thinking something is one way than you starting seeing it that way whether it really is or not.
I need to change the way I think, feel before the things around me can change.

Earth
Guidance
84~Money Cowrie~Money; abundance; prosperity
38~Pearly Nautilus~Pressure; stress
172~Aculeate Dulphinula~Regretting something said-as in the expression "Open mouth, insert foot"-or unsaid.

No idea!! I guess I'm not ready to see the answers.

Watch what I say. Let go of the stress I'm holding onto..?

December Fairy

shell oracle said:
Thank you for your questions.
The exercise evolved from considering a pattern, (which is the Sea shell) and discovering what might be unseen, (the Sky shell) and with this revelation, where the shells might guide you in making changes (the Earth shell.)
So I agree with you, I should probably rename this the Sea, Sky, Earth exercise.

The number of shells you add to each is unlimited. I always suggest that my clients take as many shells as they are drawn to, don't limit the number because that would limit your message. Your Higher Self is aware of the information it wants to deliver, and will use the shells to do so in the most efficient means for your Highest good.

That said, your question leads me to fine-tune the instructions. Rather than take a certain number of shells, set your intention to be drawn to the most efficient number of shells to deliver your message. For example, in this experiment, you may find yourself drawn to 6 shells when focusing on the Nautilus, but only 2 when focusing on the Tree Snail.

Thanks so much for participating :)

Thanks for answering my questions. :)

I pulled 3 for each. I had wanted to pull 4 on one of them. Now I don't remember what shell it was.
Adding notes to my paper. I printed it to add to the book.

shell oracle

Hi December Fairy,

December Fairy said:
No idea!! I guess I'm not ready to see the answers.
Sometimes, shell reading is a work in progress. It may not be that you are not ready to hear the message, but that we need to fine-tune the method.
If I might make a suggestion, try putting out the shells you have so far, and then ask "What else do I need to complete my message?" That way, if there is anything else, you will not be basing the information on a certain number of shells, but purely on the intention of recieving the information in the most efficient way possible. Also, please notice if any shells bother you. That may not be the case, but if any of them get your attention by disturbing you, that counts when considering your message too. Try this approach, and see if that brings any more clarification for you.

For any of you who have not tried this exercise yet, my suggestion would be to put out the Sea, Sky and Earth shells, and then simply close your eyes and set the intention to receive the information you need about the pattern in your life, what you may not be seeing, and guidance for change.

December Fairy said:
I pulled 3 for each. I had wanted to pull 4 on one of them
As for a certain number of shells, they have taught me a different approach. Don't think in terms of a number of shells, but let your Higher Self guide you to the shells you need for your message unencumbered by that restriction. What if you set the number at 4 shells for each, and you only need 2 for one of them but 6 for another? Your Higher Self is in partnership with the shells' Higher Selves and they make a great team.