Hallowquest Lesson 24

Aerin

The Green Knight - meditation and Gift.

A rather shorter Lesson this week! May even get time to post last week's...

Aerin

PathWalker

The Green man

The Green Knight arrives at the gateway - I challenge him to state who his is and why he’s here. He has come to speak with me!
He says he will make sure the gateway is guarded whilst I’m away, by a golden shimmering axe as well as the Spear. I am happy to lie my body down asleep under ferns in the lee of the wall, whilst my spirit transforms into a small brown wren that nestles into the left side of his neck, and we stride away.
We go through a doorway, and we are inside my house! But most of it is dusty, grey, spoiling away at the margins. Only a narrow space in each room remained bright and coloured where I could walk.
We looked at why that might be. It is fear.
Fear of conflict between my beloved and my child. Fear of being physically hurt. Fear of being alone and bitterly lonely, yet fear of friends and people generally.
Somewhere there my young self is crouched, wrapped in and clutching around herself a grey dust covering of fear. I let him slit open this wrap, and it gradually dissolves away from all the house. My young self smiles at the sunshine that fills the rooms, lifts the corner of the closed curtain and looks out on a bright and beautiful outdoors, where she might go.

He told me I could always seek him out again for his help, and he led me back to my sleeping self to wake up. In the doorway now is a small green parcel, with holly leaves on. Inside a small but intensely bright light, that spins and whooshes away the dust/fear from any dark place I fins it. This is a wonderful and magical gift

I return - I can be free if I let it happen.