Best Crystal(s) For ADHD?

Kimberly

OK... I need you lovely people to give me some suggestions, if you don't mind! :grin:

I have ADHD, and it's been getting me pretty out of focus lately... I have always had a @$&#* of a time meditating because of my ADHD, I can not focus and quiet my mind to save my life! I eventually gave up on the idea of myself and full meditation... I'm just not ready for that, at least not at this point in time!

Anyway my question is:

What is a good stone to use to help gather yourself mentally in a situation without stopping to meditate?

Maybe you stop for a moment, focus on the crystal, then resume work... What are good stones for this? I need suggestions for types to try so that I may find a good one for myself! :)

If you don't understand what I mean, here is an example:

If I am working on my job (I work online) and am having a hard time focusing... I need a stone I can keep by my computer so that I can focus on it from time to time for a few moments, and then resume work again. This way I can regroup and gather myself, without completely stopping and disrupting all of my work.

Does that make sense?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! :D

eastarot

Turquoise really helps me when I'm scattered mentally. I have a beaded turquoise necklace that I wear on spacey-scattered days, and also a tumble stone that I either hold or place near me while working.

To quote Judy Hall from the Crystal Bible ' ......mentally Turquoise instills inner calm while remaining alert and aids cretive expression...........physically Turq is an excellent stone for exhaustion,depression and even panic attacks.

Hope it helps you the way it helps me

eastarot:)

Kimberly

Hmm... I have a turquoise chip necklace (which I just put on, to see if it makes a difference).

I was always afraid to wear this before because I have quite the over-active throat chakra *laughs* I wasn't sure if it'd make that worse or not!

I'll try it and let you know if it helps, thanks for the suggestion! :)

Kimberly

Umbrae said:

Hmm... I don't know if I have any Onyx, I think I might have a very small piece though...

I'll go look through my crystals later :)

Thank you for the suggestion! :D

Umbrae

kimmee said:
Hmm... I don't know if I have any Onyx, I think I might have a very small piece though...
As a fellow ADHD (and boy do I score high on that test...), I have found that all the crystals and stones that work too high up on the chakra line just make it worse. What we (those of us who get to enjoy ADD/ADHD) need is something that 'grounds' us. It needs to ground us well, and fast.
A chip of onyx is okay...but a chunk is better. You know if you go to 'metaphysical' stores they have those stone skulls? Hunt one down made of onyx. It'll do the trick.

Edited to add: Some crystals and semi-precious stones tend to open chakras (like Turquoise - which has its uses), what we need is grounding...

stay away from stones that work (or vibrate) with the crown or brow (unless you're doing crown or brow work).

MCsea

HI, I agree with Umbrae, if it is ADHD - as opposed to a feeling of stress, over worked, tired and busy..... Onyx - a chunk would be best, I would personally pop the other crystals into a pot plant (even though they OPEN you up,t hey DO help, you just need their help in small ammounts when concentrating on work) make sure the pot plant is close to you - its filtering the good stuff and is VERY grounding...

Hope you find something to help soon - Id be interested in finding out how it goes.

MARINA

Kimberly

I really want to try the Onyx but I do not have any actually (I checked).

Is there somewhere I can buy crystals online without a credit card? *laughs*

There are no crystal stores near me... I have to drive at least half an hour to get to one, and considering I don't have a car or drive... makes it difficult! ;)

I have paypal but can only send echecks. *shrug*

I desperately need a credit card! Hehe.

TemperanceAngel

kimmee I have successfully purchased many amazing and beautiful crystals off e-bay for great prices.

Try them :)

gorgeousbutterfly

omg how weird

i was just thinking right now how its so hard having add. i had it too and i can barly read a book without being super distracted ill. there is a lack of control on focusing things and next thing you know it uncouniously you are not focusing. its soooooooooo hard. a second ago after seeing this post i was calling my doctor and leaving a message about my medication.

i think this is a sign!! i have this angel board (doreen virtues) and asked what would best help me with add and i got a strong answer" crystals" i have some but don't feel anythign at all from them. so 'm confused myself where to go with this...