Planets-Between-Partners Series: Sun-Sun

dadsnook2000

This thread will be the first of a series that will explore planetary aspects between two partner's charts. As with the other "Planet Series" threads, this will be a "participation" exercise. I will give some indications of how a pairing of planets may interact between two charts, however the real learning process comes from the sharing of each of us relative to how those planets works out in our lives with our partners. The astrological cook-books only go so far.

GUIDELINES:
** When we focus on a particular pair of planets, please try to limit your discussion in the first part of your posting to just those two planets. You may have other planets involved -- two planets in conjunction in your chart in aspect to one planet in your partner's chart for example.
** A "partner" may be a spouse, a friend, a family member or child. Be specific if your "partner" is other than a spouse or live-together companion.
** If you have to involve another planet, try to put comments relative to it in another paragraph for clarity.
** If you want to post a partner's chart in our listing area, please identify as "Your name; partner of" so we can easily find both of your charts. There is no need to actually state your partner's name.
** When actually noting a planetary aspect between your charts, do note the orb of the aspect -- I would suggest a parenthesis with the degree-minutes included -- (03-41) as an example. As a rule, the tighter the orb of aspect the more pronounced the observable effects.
** I will only comment initially on the major aspects. But our discussions can involve any aspect you need to explore.

SUN-SUN between Partners:

Sun-CONJ-Sun brings each others creative urges and minds together -- either for good or for bad (irritation). Cetainly many of their primary traits will tend to be similar. Consider this, if born in the same year their charts will likely have many contacts and similar patterns, suggesting an extreme of closeness or antagonism, certainly not a "middle ground" combination. If born a few years apart, so much the better. This may be a better as an aspect if it is between a parent and child or a family member.

Sun-OPP-Sun leads to either a "balance" or an "opposition" situation. Certainly other factors in each chart will tend to influence how this opposition works out. Perhaps this opposition works better between friends than lovers. Look to see if one of the Suns has aspects to planets that are not overly conducive to ease of expression between two people: Mars, Saturn, Uranus, Pluto, perhaps Neptune.

Sun-SQUARE-Sun is similar to the conjunction in that clashes are likely. Who will have to do the most compromising in a marriage?

Sun-TRINE/SEXTILE-Sun can enable are more productive harmonizing between the partners. Several of the books on this aspect, as I remember them, seem to think that these two aspects are good for marriage.

So, thats our discussion starting thread. I will be absent during August only for a few days at a time -- if that, as I have a computer at the sea shore cottage. So, lets enjoy this series of threads which many of us have been looking forward to. Dave

star-lover

having read many synastry charts throughout the years i am quite amazed at the number who are one sign off from each other getting married - 30 degree aspect.....surely that has something to do with the personal planets agreeing sun mercury sun venus - mercury venus - - i myself am a libra married to a scorpio

as for same sun signs - i have had a potent online relationship - we are both libras - same year - 5 days apart - has been a challenge as we are so both similar - both react the same - love the same things hate the same things....
best of friends but might end up worst of enemies

just my 2p

dadsnook2000

Have a sun square sun situation

I have a Virgo Sun, the wife a Sag Sun. There is a real clash of life-style with this combination -- although I have to point our that there are a number of other astrological reasons for this as well. But as far as wills to, you would think that after 48 years she would stop trying to change me and just do it my way.

I could elaborate, but the picture of a "square aspect" does pretty well in the description of "constant clash and challenge" that goes on in our house. Dave

squeakmo9

removed

dadsnook2000

For squeakmo9

Taurus and Libra, two signs that are "inconjunct" each other, both ruled by Venus. Does the meanings of Venus and the meanings associated with the inconjunct (adjustment, re-fitting, need to compromise) tie in with the relationship between you and your Mom? Is there an aspect between the two Sun's? Dave

squeakmo9

removed

rainwolf

My sun is 13 Sag and my SO is 13 capi. That would be exactly 30 degrees, so semi sextile.

Going by tompkins book, she says the semi square is not of real importance, but can reinforce other themes.

dadsnook2000

rainwolf

30 degrees is a semi-sextile. 45 degrees of aspect is a semi-square. I don't have much actual experience or rememberance to draw upon in commenting on these aspects -- and I'm at our seashore cottage and have no notes or resources to refresh my memory. The semi-square aspect may show up as a conflict much as the square. The semi-sextile aspect, if within a degree, may show up just as an irritation or different way of expressing yourself. This is the best I can offer at the moment. Dave.

rainwolf

Actually that describes it very well :laugh:

Different ways of expressing has turned into minor agreements and disagreements.

stardancer

I'm a Libra and my husband a Gemini which is a trine by sign, but we have our clashes. You'd think we were square. But... our Suns are in a wide inconjunct (146 degrees). The adjustment, re-fitting, need to compromise comments, fit us very well.