Bright Idea Deck Study Group - Start Up

MarkMcElroy

The Bright Idea Deck is a contemporary Tarot deck, disguised as a brainstorming partner. I designed it; the colorful images were created by Canadian Artist Eric Hotz.

Do you use the deck? Are you interested in learning more about the secrets behind the cards -- the ideas, information, and stories not documented in the companion book? Would you like to learn how to read this deck with a greater degree of depth and detail?

If so, I'd be very glad to lead a guided tour of the deck, card by card. As with the other groups, we would begin with the Fool/Freedom trump, inviting everyone to post their impressions. I might toss out a few questions about the card to encourage exploration, and, after folks have had a chance to post ideas and impressions, I could reveal some of the "behind the scenes" information about the card that might help you connect with it on a new level! :)

Think of this as "Bright Ideas for Tarot Readers!" Interested? Please post a reply and let me know. Thanks!

shadowdancer

Can I say a big thank you for this deck! It is in my collection of working decks, and when used brings about great insight on matters where a down to earth / no nonsense approach or insight is needed.
A fresh approach to a subject which has bought the ethics and tarot 'ways' to the masses in a non threatening way. I have been to many facilitated group meetings in my old job, whereby the cards (if they had been in existance back then) would have got the creative juices flowing.

Good luck with the idea of a study group.

Davina

sunflowr

I'm definitely interested! :) Sign me up!

annik

It would be fun to work a bit more with this deck. I like the style of drawing. And I must admit that each time I see the "Guidance" card, I think of Indiana Jones!

MarkMcElroy

Let's Go for It!

Thanks for your responses and interest! :)

I'll get things rolling by opening a thread on the deck as a whole. After that, we'll go card-by-card through the deck.

This should be a lot of fun, and I really think it will help bring the deck to life for those of you who read with it.

Mark

magpie9

I am really not very good about study groups, but I would really like to get good with this deck. I can't imagine a better way to study it than with its' creator. I'll probably be the dumb kid in the back--since I really haven't connected with the deck on my own--but if you're ok with it, so am I. :D

nikkeihime

i'd be happy to join the group.

mark, i am a huge fan of yours! you sent me a screensaver of the bright idea deck (which i never thanked you for extreme *blush*) and i loved it, especially the examination card. i bought the deck recently, right after reading a few chapters of your ABGT--an another EXCELLENT book by the way.

count me in!

Wordweaver

Study Group

I'm in--if I can figure out how to use the forum correctly. Even if I can't!

MarkMcElroy

Welcome!

Thanks for all the kind comments about my work, and for your interest in the Bright Idea Deck! :)

Wordweaver - you got an identity set up and a message posted, so you're well on your way! :) The first "class session" is underway in a thread called "Bright Idea Deck - Introduction." Feel free to post your ideas and answers to our opening questions there.

nikkeihime, magpie9, annik, sunflower, shadowdancer - you guys made my day! My goal here is to make the deck really "sing" for you, and to help you see and understand it in exciting new ways.

Jump in the discussion -- and let's get the adventure started! :)

All questions, ideas, and insights are warmly welcomed.

Mark

dorasgirl

I'd like to join

Don't know if I'm doing this right, but I'd like to join this group too--

dorasgirl