Sabian Symbols ~ Aquarius Full Moon - 9/06

Elven

Lynda Hill - author.
Lynda's site at www.sabiansymbols.com

Lynda Hill's take on the Aquarius Full Moon from www.sabiansymbols.typepad.com

August 09, 2006
The Aquarius Full Moon: Oh yeah, THAT furious storm

Today's full moon at 16.44 Aquarius is a very potent lunation; it firmly aligns with the current Saturn-Neptune opposition and faces us with some very interesting and deep and meaningful insights. This full moon's energy is likely to bring up more questions than answers, but the answers that come during this period can be very life changing, but first, we have to be prepared to let go of things that aren't working in our lives.

The Sabian Symbol for the full Moon is Aquarius 17: A Watchdog Standing Guard Protecting His Master and His Possessions.

Some weeks ago, on this blog, I asked the question "where's the much needed furious storm?" Watching Mercury about to retrograde over Cancer 27: A Furious Storm in a Canyon Filled With Valuable Homes, I wondered what was going to happen. Immediately after posting that blog, crimes against humanity have been perpetrated on both sides of the border in the Israeli/Lebanon debacle, with no sign of things abating. Both Israel and Lebanon are hurting, but the Furious Storm that Israel has waged against Lebanon has been breathtaking, and I daresay, criminal.

With 'storms' happening all around us, I wondered whether people were about to wake up and get mobilized or were they going to see if they could sit it out?

I feel and hear such frustration about what's going on in our world, whether it's the shocking war zones in the middle east, climate change, nuclear energy debates (with renewable energies largely being ignored), the price of oil, interest rate rises, people over extended on their credit, etc. etc. - "whatever!!' There's a feeling of having to have one's voice heard, to be able to make a difference, to be able to break out of the social and economic restraints that bind us to a life the some of us question. Many want to get going and break out of ruts, to be active and to rally the troops.

However, storms come in all shapes and sizes, and it seems to me that the 'storms' are raging inside of us at such a pace that many of us just want to take a well needed rest on many levels.

As I write this, Venus is on Cancer 26: Guests Are Reading in the Library of a Luxurious Home. As we know, so many of us are so lucky to be sitting in the comfort of our homes and enjoying the internet, watching TV, conversing with one another or taking some quiet time out to contemplate. Of course, we're the lucky ones; we're not in a war zone, running for our lives, trying to find a place to be, thinking of loss and disappointment, out on a limb, feeling lonely, misunderstood, vulnerable, taken advantage of, etc. etc. Or are we?

With all that's been going on planetary wise for the last several months, many people are reporting that they themselves do feel like they're in a war zone and battered and bruised as a result. I'm hearing so many people asking the question "what is my life about? what am I doing? where am I going? where do I belong".

Watching the news can be extraordinarily discouraging and it's difficult to disconnect from the brutality we witness. It's also difficult to stop looking at it, although I hear some people say they just can't watch the news anymore. In the not too distant past, we didn't see dead bodies on the news while we had dinner but now we see all manner of dismemberment while we ask for another slice of key lime pie.

This assault on our senses along with the brutality we're witnessing is rather hard to shake.Venus is about to give us another take on Cancer. In a few hours, Venus moves onto Cancer 27: The Furious Storm in a Canyon. I sincerely hope that Venus will bring some of her munifence and beauty to this degree, but I somehow doubt it. Only a miracle will work right now and Venus doesn't have much back up from the other guys transiting the zodiac. It's also true that Venus is not always the good guy - she can unleash the furies; Venus can be a furiously angry energy, particularly if she feels 'wronged'.

The Moon on Aquarius 17: A Watchdog Standing Guard Protecting His Master and His Possessions is quote the evocative degree. From my book 360 Degrees of Wisdom:

Keywords: Guardianship. Things that stand guard and protect. Being on the alert against invasion or other trouble. Loyalty, possessiveness. Jealousy. The worry of loss. Alarm and security systems. Locks. Watchdogs. Being afraid of intrusion. Survival instincts. Bouncers and musclemen. Security guards. Constantly checking up. Sudden responses. Having one's ear to the ground for danger.

The Caution: Suspicion and paranoia that rob the joy of ownership. Being unable to let down one’s guard because of the possibility of invasion or attack. Feelings of being exposed. Possible betrayal. Greed. Envy. Lust for power. Having others do "the dirty work". Stool pigeons. Spying. Stooges. Being the fall guy. Worrying endlessly about loss. Resenting intrusion. Jealousy.

The Moon on the Watchdog degree is opposed by the Sun at Leo 17: A Volunteer Church Choir Makes a Social Event of a Rehearsal.

The Sun on the Volunteer Church Choir asks us to raise our voices, to ask for what we want, to be heard and understood. As it's a Volunteer Choir at a Rehearsal, it also speaks of listening to our inner voice as we go over in our minds and hearts about what we want. The question is: what do you want? Have you rehearsed it enough? Take the word 'rehearsal'... it's like continuing to put things in your 'hearse' - "a vehicle for conveying a coffin to a church or cemetery" as the dictionary puts it. How many times do we have to tell ourselves what we want, but feel as though we should stand in the background and just continue to mutter? Of course, sometimes we need to do this - we need to go over things, to think about things, to convince ourselves about things, but it can rather quickly begin to sound like a broken record.

The issue of 'rehearsing things' has been hanging in the air lately as for some months Uranus was on Pisces 15: An Officer Drilling His Men in a Simulated Attack.

Quoting the Keywords and the Cautions for this 'simulated attack' - Pisces 15 from my book 360 Degrees of Wisdom: Charting Your Destiny With the Sabian Oracle:

Keywords: Taking orders to better respond to situations. The higher self training the lower self. Exercises. Marching and going through the motions. The need for defense. Seeing ahead. Planning strategies. Fire drills. Smoke alarms. Being prepared. Issuing orders and expecting them to be followed through. Discipline. Martial arts of all kinds. Going over and over possible outcomes. Safeguards put in place. Gas masks and bomb shelters.

The Caution: Rigid routine for no real or valuable purpose. Feeling that one has always to be on the defensive. Being under attack, whether real or imagined. Overreacting to things. Feelings of unworthiness in the face of battle or confrontation. Victim consciousness. Fearful responses. Getting others to respond through spreading fear. Scare tactics.

If we feel we've gone over and over things enough in our heads, perhaps we can get down to the business of making things really happen?

This full moon can be gnarly on the emotions as the Watchdog Standing Guard Protecting His Master sounds like there's more of the defensive sides of our natures that need to be broken through or down or perhaps a surrender to knowing that all is ok; we don't necessarily have to be 'on guard' all the time and there needs to be good long moments of rest and satisfaction, assured that we're in a safe place with everything we need in just the right measure.

Many of us do feel we have everything in good measure, but, still, there can be dissatisfaction as we watch the men in charge of the world go berserk with their big guns. Uranus seems to be saying that the war in Lebanon had been in the works for a long time.

Where the opposition of the Sun and Moon gets really gnarly is the involvement of the Saturn-Neptune opposition exactly aligned conjunct with the Sun Moon opposition.

The Saturn-Neptune opposition is asking all of us to take a good long look at where we are in our lives... what have we accomplished? What did we think we would have accomplished by now? Are we happy? On our own, or In a healthy, sharing relationship? Having a happy, healthy life and sharing it with our friends and family?

Saturn, the planet of hard (sometimes harsh) reality, structure and firm foundations is on Leo 16: Brilliant Sunshine Just After the Storm. Of course, we all want the brilliant sunshine, but with Saturn on this degree, it might feel like quite a long night where, once again, we are questioning our lives. When is the Sunshine really going to emerge from the dark clouds for us? Can we have the mental and emotional discipline to see sunshine in the grayest day? Do we trust that the 'Storm' is going to end soon (or ever)?

Neptune, the planet of dreams, illusions, mysteries, and longing is on Aquarius 19: A Forest Fire Quenched. We may be looking around ourselves and observing the 'scorched earth' of the greenhouse effect, climate change, the hottest year on record, with huge fires racing across the landscape, both literally and metaphorically.

With this degree, there is also quite often a longing for things to return to normal after the 'firestorm'.... storms seem to be the flavor of this month.

Jupiter, the planet of plenty, abundance and overdoing things, provides the leg of the opposition. It's at Jupiter 11: A Drowning Man is Being Rescued.

Again, quoting from my book 360 Degrees of Wisdom:

Commentary: ‘A Drowning Man is Being Rescued’ is a symbol of difficulties, relief, rescue and resuscitation. The ‘Drowning Man’ often indicates someone who’s fallen into something that is out of his or her control and out of their depth. They can feel like they’re being overpowered by their inability to cope with life. This can manifest on any level, emotionally, physically or spiritually. Here, he is shown as ‘Being Rescued’, and help is, or soon will be, nearby.

Oracle: We can feel like we are suffocated by our marriage, job, friendships, life path, etc., or through the lack of these things. Although this Symbol speaks of a ‘Rescuing’, and this may indeed be at hand, sometimes it’s essential that we admit to the fact that we are losing control or ‘Drowning’ before a ‘Rescue’ can even begin to take place. People will often lend a hand and spontaneously arrive on the scene to help others out, but they need to know the depths of the situation that’s occurring. As the ‘Man’ in this Symbol is ‘Being Rescued’, it shows that the ‘Drowning’ has been noticed and that ‘Rescue’ or relief is imminent. People may indeed turn up to help out or this may be a more lonely passage, with you having to rely on yourself. However, continuing to struggle on alone may not solve anything – indeed, struggling can make things worse. This Symbol can also point to co-dependent types of relationships where there is a continual need to be available, to be on hand, and to be reliable. This can be a tiring responsibility for the ‘Rescuer’ as well as for the ‘Drowning’ person. A true ‘Rescue’ is often found when we look after our own needs, even if it entails a hand-up from someone else along the way. Concentrate on the shore, even if it feels as though it’s miles away from you. Reconnect with what’s possible and real, earth yourself and know that help is at hand, even if it’s your higher self that is performing the ‘Rescue’. Soon you’ll be able to “breathe” easily again.

Keywords: Resuscitation. Regaining one’s breath. Finding life renewed. Asthma, bronchitis, breathing difficulties. Finding help in moments of crisis. Needing a hand. Being rescued. Salvation on any level. Ventilators. Breathing equipment. Oxygen. Dependence. Last minute reprieves. Born again experiences. Help.

The Caution: Panicking in order to draw help rather than learning how to cope. Constantly finding reasons for losing control of situations. Getting into deep water on a regular basis.

I like George B. Emerson's quote for this degree: Each man's task is his life preserver.

And these quotes for An Officer Drilling His Men in a Simulated Attack (the recent degree of Uranus)

It is hard to fight an enemy who has outposts in your head. Sally Kempton.
Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms. Groucho Marx
It takes 15,000 casualties to train a major general. Ferdinand Foch

I've got my money on the Drowning Man Being Rescued as this period, too, shall pass.

Lynda Hill visit her site at www.sabiansymbols.com for details.

Just a note of interest :) : Lynda will be travelling from Australia and be in the United States, in Arizona and New Mexico and travelling further afield from August 11. If you want to meet Lynda, arrange a talk on the Sabian Symbols or have a consultation in person, please email her - or pm - Lynda

Elven

What a day to travel Lynda! After hearing about the British Airport threat, and now Qantas have put security in place for anyone flying to Britian and possibly the US.

Once more, the Symbols are relevant to this new percieved threat, and if I think about it, the Huge Storm in the Canyon was also a time when Korea were going to test there nuclear missiles - which thankfully ended up being a fizzer of sorts. The Canyon symbol I think also relates in imminent dangerous behaviour - and the threat is certainly there with the Watchdog Symbol too - maybe this is what has been happening, the 'plot' if that what is is revealed to be, has been watched. The Symbols come through in the keywords.

Lynda said:
The Sabian Symbol for the full Moon is Aquarius 17: A Watchdog Standing Guard Protecting His Master and His Possessions.

Keywords: Guardianship. Things that stand guard and protect. Being on the alert against invasion or other trouble. Loyalty, possessiveness. Jealousy. The worry of loss. Alarm and security systems. Locks. Watchdogs. Being afraid of intrusion. Survival instincts. Bouncers and musclemen. Security guards. Constantly checking up. Sudden responses. Having one's ear to the ground for danger.

The Caution: Suspicion and paranoia that rob the joy of ownership. Being unable to let down one’s guard because of the possibility of invasion or attack. Feelings of being exposed. Possible betrayal. Greed. Envy. Lust for power. Having others do "the dirty work". Stool pigeons. Spying. Stooges. Being the fall guy. Worrying endlessly about loss. Resenting intrusion. Jealousy.

Sabian Symbol as an Oracle - Lynda Hill said:
A Violent Storm in A residential Canyon Filled with Expensive Homes.

Caution: Wrongly believing that you are in control of an uncontrolable situation. Enjoyment of emotional stormsand turmoil, Lots of noise that errupts out of nowhere. Whipping things up. Life threatening behaviour.

The Moon on the Watchdog degree is opposed by the Sun at Leo 17: A Volunteer Church Choir Makes a Social Event of a Rehearsal.

The Sun on the Volunteer Church Choir asks us to raise our voices, to ask for what we want, to be heard and understood. As it's a Volunteer Choir at a Rehearsal, it also speaks of listening to our inner voice as we go over in our minds and hearts about what we want. ....The issue of 'rehearsing things' has been hanging in the air lately as for some months Uranus was on Pisces

Uranus was on Pisces 15: An Officer Drilling His Men in a Simulated Attack.

Keywords: Taking orders to better respond to situations. The higher self training the lower self. Exercises. Marching and going through the motions. The need for defense. Seeing ahead. Planning strategies. Fire drills. Smoke alarms. Being prepared. Issuing orders and expecting them to be followed through. Discipline. Martial arts of all kinds. Going over and over possible outcomes. Safeguards put in place. Gas masks and bomb shelters.

The Caution: Rigid routine for no real or valuable purpose. Feeling that one has always to be on the defensive. Being under attack, whether real or imagined. Overreacting to things. Feelings of unworthiness in the face of battle or confrontation. Victim consciousness. Fearful responses. Getting others to respond through spreading fear. Scare tactics.

These are such interesting Symbols for this time.

Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

HI,

Just after I recived Lyndas e-mail which contained the blog Elven has kindly posted above, I saw that there was a STORM - a typhoon where OVER ONE MILLION PEOPLE had to be evacuated for I just cant grasp that sort of mobilisation (with such little TV coverage)

In total 1.6 million people have been forced to flee the region, which has suffered landslides and flooding in the wake of the typhoon.
http://www.inthenews.co.uk/news/news/international-affairs/reeling-chinese-begin-recovery-operation-$447427.htm

just amazing..
Thank you for posting this Elven!

MARINA