Sabian Symbols Study Group: Virgo 4 - #154

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: VIRGO
Degree: 4
Number: 154

Symbol: BLACK AND WHITE CHILDREN PLAYING HAPPILY TOGETHER.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 153.jpg
    153.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 265

tink27

Purple_scorp, love your image...so fitting for this symbol

Children are incredibly spirited….they’re little beings are totally open….they are intuitive and flexible….united they would live in a utopian society….love, beauty, happiness, above all else harmony….ooh and definitely no boundaries! Children have a zest and enthusiasm for life! As far as they know, we’re all made of the same stuff!

At least until the adult world starts separating black from white. We begin constructing a world for our kids that is full of contrasts. Like fish in a net, they crash full force into it and some of them fight and struggle against it…but they underestimated their peers and parents intelligence. To be safe they retreat and hide their essence and emotional selves deep within……a very dark but safe place.

Another thought I had… children begin to pick up messages about themselves and their worth through their first experiences of being touched or ignored by others. As they grow, they develop playacting roles that can exhibit either a persecutor, the rescuer or the victim. It’s not uncommon for any of us to play these three basic role…..it all depends on our situation and or who we’re with. .

We encounter duality everywhere in our physical world, for example, light, dark, up, down, right, wrong. And we use these dualities as parameters to help understand and define our world. But there is a greater context here then black and white. It’s about discovering who we are under our skin.
When we step back and allow these colors to overlap, we begin to heal a bit of the split that the world consists of simply this and that. We can actually perceive infinite shades of gray between the extremes!!! We begin to see we are all bound by blood….that black and white are by no means natural enemies…….together they magically blend in a warm embrace.

When things are changing all around us, what do we hold onto? It can be through others, it can be the energy of Gaia, our Earth, it can be magic….but all these energies need a place to start from….they need You!! And you consists of, black/white, body/spirit. past/present, which join and unfold together to create a synergistic outpouring of magnificent energy!

tink :love:

purple_scorp

Hi tink,

I was thinking of two things for this symbol......one, the innocence of children often means they treat everyone the same.....there is no discrimination - if they want to play with the boy in the blue t-shirt, they don't first judge him on the colour of his skin. All they know is they want to play with the boy in the blue t-shirt.

Curious young children haven't developed their power of discretion and will often just blurt out what they are thinking. Say for example if you see a severely disabled person in a wheelchair. A young child might comment in a loud voice, whereas, an adult might be a little more discrete.

And then the second thing I thought of was that there are some very cruel children who take delight in tormenting and bullying other less-fortunate children.

with love
purple_scorp

Skydancer

~ ~ Purple_Scorp ~ ~

I've only recently begun looking at the studies for the Sabian Symbols again - and wanted you to know that I am enjoying your "take" on them. Your images are capturing the spirit of the words quite admirably. :)

*S*

purple_scorp

Hi Skydancer,

thank you for your kind words.

I've only been studying the sabians for a year or so mysElf but I know that I've learnt a lot more (and look more deeply now) at the symbols because of the discussions that we've had here at ATF.

When other people bring their own views, you can't help but look at each symbol in a new light - even if we don't all see the same thing. And of course, we all have our own stories/myths etc that influence our interpretations too.

I wish I could draw because I would love to personalise these symbols even further. It might actually be an interesting exercise (if I ever get the time) to revisit some of my cards to see where my initial interpretations have changed.

Am looking forward to further exploring these symbols with you.

with love
purple_scorp

MCsea

Skydancer I agree purple_scorp has brought an amazing depth to these discussions with the pictures - AMAZING - so amazing always opening new thoughts and ideas :)

I love that we have two children symbols here - the angels just before and these happy safe children here!

Virgo 4
Birthdays: August 26th–28th
Numerology: 154
Sabian Symbol: Children from many cultures playing together
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Intimacy
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Ascending colon
Crystal Element: Black Zebra Marble
Expression: Black Zebra Marble is black marble with white veining. This rock enhances communication skills when dealing with diversity in culture, race, gender or ideology.
Message: Limitless creativity and pure fun promote togetherness.
Sun Focus: Your kindness and confidence perpetuates harmony. Surrounded by friends, you are loved.
Affirmation: I promote togetherness, enjoyment and harmony.