Sabian Symbols Study Group: Virgo 24 - #174

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill www.sabiansymbols.com

Sun Sign: VIRGO
Degree: 24
Number: 174

Symbol: MARY AND HER WHITE LAMB.

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 173.jpg
    173.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 309

MCsea

Came across this just now and wanted to post it before I lost/forgot it..

Mary had a little lamb

Mary had a little lamb its fleece was white as snow;
And everywhere that Mary went, the lamb was sure to go.
It followed her to school one day, which was against the rule;
It made the children laugh and play, to see a lamb at school.
And so the teacher turned it out, but still it lingered near,
And waited patiently about till Mary did appear.
"Why does the lamb love Mary so?" the eager children cry;
"Why, Mary loves the lamb, you know" the teacher did reply.

http://www.rhymes.org.uk/mary_had_a_little_lamb.htm

I reminded me of a song the children sing at church
"Tell me why you love Jesus,
this is why I love Jesus, becuase he first loved me'

Jones Key Word: Artlessness
Jane Ridder-Patrick: Capsule and ligaments of liver
Crystal Element: Gypsum - white as snow :)

Thanks purple_scorp for this image... LOVE IT

MARINA

tink27

Hmm, yes purple_scorp, lovely image. The nursery rhyme of course is Mary and her lamb going to school....I'd like to imagine her walking towrds a wood cottage, nestled in the forest without the city's distractions.

Hi Marina,

I thought about this symbol today, and wanted to express it without any religious overtones.

I’ve seen little lambs sprint around a meadow, jumping, bouncing, stretching as if they were on a trampoline (giggle)……and yet….there is a tenderness, a gentleness about them, those big huge eyes, black noses and fluffy white coats…they are very childlike, uplifting, free-spirited and fun to watch.

‘Most’ children are similar to lambs, free from the encumbrances of life they play, laugh, jump around and just have fun. Mary and her 'domesticated lamb', I’m sure loves to laugh and joke about…..bet she has a terrific imagination and a wonderful fantasy life. She probably believes in angels, gnomes and fairies. What would happen when Mary started school? Will she have to wait to play with her lamb after school? Is not the lamb also a metaphor for our inner child?

In a positive sense, Mary’s skill in school would be to make a solution to an old problem…the lamb (inner child) would provide the next level of ideas with highly creative ideas…..then comes the Aha! A peak experience that would exhibit someone way ahead of their time. Someone who is so opened, they can lift all the answers that lurk below the surface to the light of day.

But School does have the Virgo tendencies of being precise…….we are taught that it takes a lot of repetitive hard work and practice to get something right. At its worst, school can be oppressive, demanding and exacting!! It can stimulate and inhibit parts of our psyche and our brain! Remember laboring on all those school projects? Or studying for exams, stopping only to collapse for a few hours……eat something quickly….then back to the books? Where’s the lamb now?

Since the beginning of time, scholars have written on stone, tablets, scrolls and books…poets, novelists, artists, creating pictures and words of their own understandings and experience. Some of these arts and writings continue to be a complete mystery.....which is prbably why we (adults) have become so-o-o obsessed with everything we read and write.

Knowledge and awareness are one. Separating them prevents us from seeing things in their totality. Lambs are full of curiosity and passion……constantly flitting here and there, but metaphorically they lack direction. When they do make a dramatic leap into the earthly realm we can use our analytical side to express its sensitive insights and sense of joy through the arts, through helping others and even through a smile.

These are my initial thoughts for this symbol now........goodness knows how it will look tomorrow!!

tink :love:

MCsea

Oh I think I should have mentioned when I was talking about the childrens church song I just meant that unconditional love a pet has for its owner - when the owner loves it...

thanks Tink for your lovely words..

I also do think this symbol is of sacrifice.. but thats just a part of the world I live in..

I have not been posting lately as my thoughts are just not coming out right.. since the transition of my little friend (the little lamb in this symbol in fact)

but I will gain strenght and clarity soon... :)

MARINA

MCsea

HI - just an ELVEN update,

got an e-mail from Lynda Hill saying Elven is just busy.. good and busy :)

MARINA

purple_scorp

Glad to hear Elven is well.

Hmm, you know gals, I did just have a wicked thought about this symbol. Had a quick image slip into my head, of an older Mary, sitting at the kitchen table ready to eat a roast dinner.

with love
purple_scorp

MCsea

Oh I love that image, there is plenty of room for that, I was listening to the song - mother and child reunion by Paul Simon, apparently the inspiration was a chicken and egg roll - echoes here quite well eh..

MAIRNA

tink27

Thanks Marina,

I'm glad to hear Elven is well!!

purple_scorp said:
Hmm, you know gals, I did just have a wicked thought about this symbol. Had a quick image slip into my head, of an older Mary, sitting at the kitchen table ready to eat a roast dinner.

:lightbulb (giggle) wicked indeed! :p

tink :love:

MCsea

Virgo 24
Birthdays: September 15th–17th
Numerology: 174
Sabian Symbol: Mary and her white lamb
Marc Edmund Jones Key Word: Artlessness
Jane Ridder-Patrick Healing Body Point: Capsule and ligaments of liver
Crystal Element: Gypsum
Expression: Gypsum is a common, white mineral occurring in evaporite deposits. Gypsum radiates purity, innocence and radiance, illuminating the divine in simplicity.
Message: Compassionately mirroring ourselves in others, hopeful that it is returned.
Sun Focus: You care, nurture and protect, communicating kindness and love to those you meet.
Affirmation: I invite mutual love and devotion into my life.