The Fairy Ring - Fachan

geministar

Card: Fachan
Court: Winter, Seven

This card shows a strange fairy which looks to me a bit like a mushroom, with a red cap and only one of everything, including one eye and one foot. He is in amongst the grass with hills all around him.

This is a peculiar Highland fairy from Argyll in Scotland which has one eye, one hand, one leg, one ear, one arm and one toe. He often carries a spiked club with which he attacks any human who dares to approach his mountain realm. He hates all living creatures, but especially birds, which he envies for their gift of flight.

Divinatory meaning: Indicates a need to stand back from a situation in order to see it clearly.

Reversed meaning: Business relationships, partnerships, and group enterprises are going through a testing time.

purple_scorp

I don't know about him standing alone.....what are those two other ball-like things in the card?

I thought that he was a mushroom, and the two smaller balls were his mushroom children. (There'd be more of them in the picture if it wasn't so crowded....there wasn't mush room for any more, lol!!!!!)

This card reminds me of protection. Fachan's hand is placed protectively on one of the smaller mushrooms (which bears remarkable resemblence to him). Is he holding that mushroom back, or protecting him?

If this card is about retreat, I feel it is as a self-protection mechanism.

I don't know that he will ever weigh up the problem in total - I think he is ungrounded - that's why he only has one eye etc.

with love
purple_scorp

LilRed

I get a feeling of wariness, like someone is watching me over my shoulder as I type.

Hmm not too far off, advises listening to other voices that while have other views might have valid points. Not what I would have expected.