Question on Tarot card storage

princessofpelaw

question

Hi,
do you think it would be okay to put my tarot cards in the same velvet bag as my ruin stones? or would the different energies mix up, ive had the ruin stones for about 6 years but have never really got into them, ive never seen anyone use the stones before , i have a book on them but really i dont know anything about them thankyou

Alta

Is your question about storing the deck or about rune stones? If the latter, please post in Divination. Best not to ask multiple questions on different topics in a single thread.

Marion
co-Moderator, Talking Tarot

Alta

Regarding the question of storage, I would say, no, don't store them together. That answer is more from the point of view of possible damage rather than 'mixing energies'. Also, hard to draw a rune from its bag if a deck is also in there.

Elven

Well, I agree with Marion about the energies and the difficulty with drawing out a rune with the cards still in there :)

Maybe you could have one bag, a large enough one to store both your Tarot and Runes - but keep your Tarot in a seperate bag, and your runes in a seperate bag. That way if you wanted either of them seperately, they are easy to find and might help with wear and tear on your cards too ;)

Maybe you could make your own bag?

Blessings
Elven x

Grizabella

I agree that the rune stones would probably damage the tarot cards. Maybe if you don't use your rune stones, as you say, you could just put them into a nice little storage box for now till you get around to learning them and just put the tarot cards into your bag.

Making tarot bags is pretty easy. There are threads here about it, in fact, that include links to patterns.

Deana

I wouldn't worry about mixing energies. But I would worry about damaging my precious cards. Dents and scratches and bends, oh my! Shudder.

The Hanged Man

When it comes to card storage, I'm very shoddy and disorganised. I have decks of cards here, there and everywhere, sometimes amidst mess and untidyness, sometimes bundled into bags and boxes, usually laying round within reach but never tidily shelved or stacked. Despite this, I have never felt that my ability to gain insight from my cards has ever been negatively effected by my disorganised methods of storing my cards. You just go with whatever feels okay for you.

YDM42

Hanged man, I'm reading this thread and appreciating your honesty even though this was not my question, you where very detailed and vivid with your writing.

The Hanged Man

YDM42 said:
Hanged man, I'm reading this thread and appreciating your honesty even though this was not my question, you where very detailed and vivid with your writing.

Oh, that's nice of you to say. Thankyou. :)

tarotbear

You could make two pouches and then sew their edges together so you could store your deck on one side, and still open the rune side to withdraw a rune ... ???