I'm lost

aquanesha

Okay, so a while ago I read somewhere that the cards don't lie and that it's the person that reads them that is inaccurate but I don't know.

Today, I wanted to see about a situation and this is what I got.
The current situation -10 of cups

This is not true at all. The situation I'm in has not been a happy thing. So, what do I do. Read it as happy or is it now that the tarot can be inaccurate and I can reshuffle.

YDM42

I've read 10 of cups with other meanings. Including showing off and over indulgence:

Also in the bookL When you see the Ten of Cups, know that an end to hostility is possible. If there is fighting around you, it may cease. If you are at war with yourself, you may find peace.

The Hanged Man

It depends on how you interpret the card in the context of the question. 'Happiness', is a stereotypical interpretation of the Ten of Cups. The Tens of each suit, show us the end of a sequence, they are the suit at it's fullest capacity, and if Cups tell us about emotion and feelings, then perhaps your heart has had it's fill, it is a Cup that runneth over, it is filled to it's brim, and having so much emotional energy to digest already, perhaps you simply can't take anymore? Maybe this is what the card tells you?

Chronata

I wouldn't necessarily read the ten of cups as happily ever after either...although that can be one of its meanings...it's not the first one I use.

for me the 10 of cups is about time...
living in the now...
not dwelling on all the negativity of the past...what is done is done...and not worried about the future either...

just being... in the present moment...for what that's worth.

usually it is finding an inner peace, after a bad time...by realizing that you have to just be happy right now, because that is all there is.

This meaning often comes as an ephiphany after exhaustion.

aquanesha

The Hanged Man said:
It depends on how you interpret the card in the context of the question. 'Happiness', is a stereotypical interpretation of the Ten of Cups. The Tens of each suit, show us the end of a sequence, they are the suit at it's fullest capacity, and if Cups tell us about emotion and feelings, then perhaps your heart has had it's fill, it is a Cup that runneth over, it is filled to it's brim, and having so much emotional energy to digest already, perhaps you simply can't take anymore? Maybe this is what the card tells you?

That's it right there. Thank you. I have had enough of it.

Dwaas

10 of cups could imo also be too much of a good thing, too much of a thing anyway, too much confusing thoughts or emotions.

aquanesha

Chronata said:
This meaning often comes as an ephiphany after exhaustion.

Yes after almost a year of being jerked around I have had the ephiphany. That this person is full of bs and I don't need it anymore in my life.

manhattan9thgate

It's been my experience that this type of response is very typical.....................it's saying "you already know the answer"

MercyMe

You say this person is "full of bs" well, that's one of the meanings of this card, at least in the RWS -- the image depicts a kind of unrealistic scene, like it's on a stage with the scenery backdrop. It can sometimes mean someone is just putting on a show of things, acting very happy and like all is well, la la la, when it isn't the reality at all.

aquanesha

MercyMe said:
You say this person is "full of bs" well, that's one of the meanings of this card, at least in the RWS -- the image depicts a kind of unrealistic scene, like it's on a stage with the scenery backdrop. It can sometimes mean someone is just putting on a show of things, acting very happy and like all is well, la la la, when it isn't the reality at all.

That's how the person makes it seem. Like without me in their life everything is all gravy but from what I hear it was like hell without me.