Tarot of a Moon Garden - The High Priestess

geministar

She sits on a sandy beach, the garden is all around her. She is in the form of a mermaid with a green scaly tale to blend into the garden. She wears a crown atop her head and some fern leaves fall from beneath the crown down through the length of her hair.

She holds the scroll of the Tora with her right hand. The pillars are behind her and her body sits between them. Boaz in black the negative and Jachin in white full of inspiration.

A dolphin leaps out from the sea in the background. The dolphin is an ancient friend of man and in this deck the high priestess is referred to the goddess Yemoya who is known as the goddess of the waters.

What are your thoughts and feelings of this card?

Myrrha

The dolphin jumping up in the background seems to be about those leaps of intuition, when things speak to you and it feels joyful because you are using your innermost senses to touch what is outside yourself. The shells near her hand make me think of putting them to my ear and hearing the sea.

I interpret the Tora in her hand to mean "all wisdom and knowledge" rather than literally a document from any particular religion. The HP is always a kind of confusing card for me because in most decks it has a lot of symbols of intuition but often seems to be about other kinds of knowledge as well.

I don't know about the pillars. Boaz and Jachim don't really mean much to me, nor do the two pillars of the tree of life. Perhaps they could be about the need to suspend judgement of what is negative and positive in order to make the intuitive leap, or in order to access wisdom.

--Myrrha

Genna

This is my favourite High Priestess, because she is both traditional and not- a mermaid on a beach, still with all the signs of ancient wisdom.