Baroque Bohemian Cats Tarot - Page of Coins

Little Baron

The Page of Coins stands outside what seems to be his home. With feet firmly on the ground, he stands at the entrance; lush bushes and conifers stand around him. The entrance to the house has an iron gate.

This kitten holds some kind of scroll, which he studies. He wears a luxurious cape and has some kind of sash, unlike the other three pages. A coin hangs like a pendant from within his clothing. Generally, he is a little fuller than the other kittens; the luxury of his life and parent’s wealth obviously extend to good food, health and abundance, physically.

For me, this cat is the one that works hard, and often, this work is physical, rather than mental. He may not have the enthusiasm and originality of the ‘Page of Wands’, the poetic, dreamy and intuitive qualities of the ‘Page of Cups’ or the sharp mind and tongue of the ‘Page of Swords’, so he just rolls his sleeves up and gets on with it. With that in mind, he is a very dependable lad. He understands work from the ground level. His family have built up what they have on perseverance and elbow grease, and they have installed this work ethic in their youngest son.

So, the ‘Page of Coins’ plods on. He learns and absorbs. He may not be the most dynamic of the pages, but I would guess that he has more longevity than the others. He doesn’t burn out like the ‘Wands kitten’, drift off onto something else or into a fantasy like the ‘Cups kitten’ or ruin things with his big mouth like the ‘Page of Swords’, who might find menial work below him. He just perseveres and keeps putting in the ground work. This is what gets him his rewards. He doesn’t just take a gamble. He puts all of his energy into his chosen field. This is what makes him a successful student.

This page reminds me of my ex. Like this page, my ex is not lazy. From school to work, he has always given projects his ‘all’ - whether that meant hard study, travel or extra time. He has always known that to get something back, he needed to put something in. Like this page, he learnt from his own parents - a couple that started with nothing and built up their businesses through hard work and determination. Neither this kitten or my previous boyfriend have been handed anything on a plate. They have worked for it.

But with this strong desire to learn, work or begin afresh in the physical, material and earthy realms, there is a dark side. My ex was extremely enthused by money and what it could give him. In short, he was obsessed by status. Even as a mature adult, his own self-importance around his position at work and the money he spends [and what he spends it on] is still a number one priority. As another example, the reversed page might describe the difference between someone who goes to the gym and someone that has become obsessive about exercise and reaching their ideal physical shape. This reflects the immaturity of this cat's ranking within the court.

This card may suggest messages of a material, physical or work-related nature. This might have something to do with an apprenticeship, college, savings or ways of improving your physical health.

Just a few ideas to begin with?

Anyone else?

LB

annik

I agree with you. This kitten is working hard and do it the right way. A practical kitten. I also have seen a little part of delivering a message on the public place. But it comes to working for what you want.