Raw or Tumbled? Which is better?

Shikamaru

Does tumbled mean it has less natural energy than a raw crystsal? Like with amethyst. I have a tumbled amethyst and I have been charging it with my own energy to the point where it gives off heat itself, even if it is freezing in the room and it has just been sitting on the table. Would I get even better results with raw? I mean, tumbled means it was shaped by man. Doesn't that take away from it?

Fulgour

Hello Shikamaru

Tumbling is a gentle process, but persistent.
From your description, I'd say you are fine...
I'm getting some "rough" Sapphires soon and
may want to consider having them tumbled~
but they may be perfect as is too. We'll see!

Shikamaru

Oh, okay. For some reason I thought they were ground down into dust, then added to a solution and put in a tumbler. I have no idea why. I have been charging the amethyst for a while. I want to create a few amplification crystals for something I will be attempting soon. The rest of my friends are progressing, one of them rapidly. I can do it a little, but not by far as well as any of them. (Throwing energy. I can merely make my hand so hot it can leave 1st to 2nd degree burns. Unfortunately it takes up every ounce of my energy and I get burned as well.)

Briar Rose

I've been told that people that have hands like yours are natural healers.

Shikamaru

I don't know. With the array of burns I gave myself (I tested it on my arm and got a handprint shaped burn, 1st degree.) I can see how it could be used for healing. Although my interest is catching up to my friends. One of them is progressing so quickly and she has a 5 foot range with emiting heat waves from her hand. I honestly think if I held up a paper she could puncture a hole in it or slowly burn it away. I have always wanted to be able to throw raw energy. I read up a little on crystals and saw that they can store energy and that they can also enhance abilities.

sharpchick

I'm always amused when some people insist that the energy of raw stones is somehow "better" than the energy of tumbles. After all, nature polishes quite a few stones itself.

chrisam-crystals

well shikamaru, i think you should send yourself off to james randi as he is always interested in people who can do amazing feats such as burning people.

as for tumbled versus raw, i have never noticed a difference in energy signatures between the two.

jue xx

Sophie

I think tumbling is rather violent on the stone, and so I prefer, when I can afford them, to buy hand-polished stones, as well as raw. That said, I have a bowl of tumbled stones, which I find very useful for meditation or carrying around. So in other words, all kinds of processes are useful. I simply would not use tumbled stones for intense healing, or emergencies for that matter, unless I had no choice.

Shikamaru

So tumbled = just as good as raw. And I do not like to show off my technique. I have only done it three times, and it was very hard. It is impractical because it takes so long to do also. I am hoping to make it quick and useful. I want to catch up to the others and get a range on it. I think crystals could help a bit.

Razordance

I have a mix of raw vs tumbled crystals, and I don't really notice much of a difference. One thing I can say about tumbled is that it's much easier if the stone is going to be carried in a pouch or pocket. I have a beautiful piece of raw moss agate, but I could never carry it because the edges are like a razor and I think I'd be left with a hole in my pocket and no crystal...