saturn transits

isthmus nekoi

I've another inquiry - again, all help is appreciated :) ...

I know that there's a lot written about Saturn returns, but what would the significance of other Saturn-Saturn aspects be?

I ask b/c I have a Saturn-Saturn square coming up and it doesn't look very pretty. I wouldn't think much of this except that I've been in the midst of some serious psychic overhauling for a long time (since '99) and I'm expecting the end result to be *major*. I feel like I'm waiting for the end of the world (or more accurately, working and working and working towards it!!)....

lunalafey

the astro experts here at AT have changed my opinion of squares. I was one to think that all squares are difficult. But this is not the case. Some are the little nudge that is needed to accomplish. The houses these aspects are in have alot to say about how you can use this transit to your advantage. I'm just learning about houses, so someone else will have to give more detail.
you say "working towards it" which is what Saturn does....work towards....

AquarianGoddess

Hi Isthmus,

Oh that Saturn again!! He just bugs mostly everybody!

Before I give you my opinion, please tell me the sign and degree of your Saturn. From one of your previous posts, you stated that you have Saturn in Libra, thus, you should be (or did) experiencing the Saturn trine Saturn. Saturn doesn't enter Cancer (the sign that squares Libra) until June, 2003.

Regards,
AG

PS....also, if you don't mind, tell me what house Saturn rules in your chart (meaning the house where Capricorn is on the cusp.)

isthmus nekoi

you guys rock!

Wow, thanks for the quick replies!

lunalafey,

I've only dabbled in astrology, but I agree that the aspects can't be pigeon holed into 'good' aspect or 'bad' aspect :) So many symbols in our time have been treated this way, it's hard not to get swayed into either the positives or negatives of a symbol!

AG,

*lol* Saturn's such a party pooper sometimes :p I was researching about Saturn transits and they seemed to be significant. (Plus, if a Saturn-Saturn opposition can cause so much trouble, what about the others!)

Thanks so much for offering to look into my Saturn... I really value your insight and knowledge. Having said that, please don't trouble yourself if this sort of thing is time consuming. (And if you're wanting any info regarding dreams or old/new school psychology in the future, just PM me anytime...)

And yes, I've been looking waaaay ahead. The times of most psychic activity in my life happen to coincide w/the equinoxes/solstices (Jun 22) so they're life altering periods (not sure why!). As a Capricorn, I figure Saturn must be important too... so I decided to look at these 2 factors together.

Again, thanks guys for your help...

lunalafey

Saturn and Capricorns

GEEZ!!!!
the recient astrology posts regarding Saturn are being over run by US Capi's!!!(which we capi's are ruled by Saturn)
WHAT'S UP WITH THAT??

isthmus nekoi

*lol* I noticed that too! I guess us hard working Caps like to do our research ^_~

Minderwiz

Erin Sullivan said that the theme of Saturn transits was a wake up call - a time to re-examine your life and the structures that you have created around it

In order to attempt an interpretation I would ask you to also tell us your age - Saturn squares occur roughly every seven years (give or take three or four months). I am guessing that your square is either around age 22 (towards the end of your first Saturn cycle) or age 36 (early in your second Saturn cycle). There is a difference in interpretation depending on which of these two (or any earlier or later square) is happening.

If you can indicate which square is the one that is happening I'll have a go at an interpretation.

Minderwiz

isthmus nekoi

Minderwiz,

That's very kind of you to offer a personal interpretation. Of course my offer to AG (fielding any questions about dreams and psychology) stands w/you ^_^

This will be my 2nd square (I'm 21). If it took this much work just to get to the first square of a cycle, I think I'd keel over comatose by the end :p

lunalafey

isthmus nekoi, you think squares are tough, just wait for the saturn return!!!be prepared for alot of changes and challenges. Mine was a doosie.....
and it will go on for almost 3 years....

isthmus nekoi

lunalafey, :D I can't imagine where I'll be at that point! Granted, since my first square should've been about 7yrs, I don't really recall it at all. The opposition is a different story though :p