Morbid Spread

Azarial

Here is a morbid spread I just thought up for this spooky season. It is not for the faint of heart! I changed question one to make it a little easier.

1---3---5---7
--2---4---6---

1.Will I live to an old age? (Upright means yes, reversed means no. Or if you don't use reversals, another thing would be intuition. Like say if you get The Hermit, and you see him as being old and wise.)
2.My state of mind at the time of my death?
3.The cause of my death
4.How I lived my life.
5.What I will leave behind for future generations.
6.Something I will be remembered by.
7.The blessings I had during this lifetime.

-Pamela

Bridget

Neat spread, though I'm not sure I'd want to turn card 3 over. :eek: But what does card 8 stand for?

Azarial

That was a typo, that 8 should not be there, hehe.

-Pamela

Flavio

Nice spread, not for the faint of hearth indeed, I don't want to imagine the emotional state of someone who gets a bad draw...

I see a problem with it, the first card opens with a Yes/No question, assuming the answer is NO (a reversed card maybe) some of the other positions are pointless (how will I live? in constant fear of sudden death of course:))

WalesWoman

I noticed that the first question asks for a yes or no answer and those are always a bugger to figure out.

What IS old age anyway?

For me it seems to get further and further away the closer I get to it. Once upon a time 30 was old, 40 positively ancient and anyone living beyond the age of retirement, a marvel of decrepitude. Now old is still about 30 years more than I am, some days I feel old, somedays no different than when I was 18.

So that is a tricky question... I was thinking of suggesting that it somehow indicate what stage of life at the time of death, but knowing tarot has a wicked twisted humor, it might indicate emotional maturity rather than physical... and some people never grow up and others never were a child.

floracove

would not 8 be an afterlife card?

Bwwwwhaahaaaaa!