Fortuna's Wheel by Nigel Jackson * * * * *

Fulgour

Fortuna's Wheel
The Mysteries of Medieval Tarot

by Nigel Jackson

Review: "In Fortuna's Wheel the noted mage and artist Nigel Jackson has created 22 stunning new Major Arcana images that transport us along a visionary journey into the esoteric and divinatory meaning of the Tarot. Fortuna's Wheel provides an in-depth examination of the history, philosophy and occult significance of the Tarot with individual commentary on the meaning of each Major Arcana image as well as discussion of each Minor Arcana card. Erudite and aesthetically sublime, Fortuna's Wheel is perfect for both the occult researcher and practical Tarot reader."

"Fortuna's Wheel is divided in the the following chapters, with an in-depth individual treatment of each of the 21 Major Arcana, each with a stunning new image by Nigel Jackson."

I. THE MIRRORS OF MERCURIUS
II. A TAROT TIMELINE: CARDS IN PLAY & DIVINATION
III. ON WORLDVIEW & TAROT
IV. TRUMPS & MEDIEVAL SOCIAL STRUCTURE
V. STATIONS, VIRTUES & MYSTERIES: THE 3 SEPTENARIES OF THE TAROT
VI. ON GAMING & TAROT
VII. ON PYTHAGOREAN NUMEROLOGY & TAROT
VIII. ON FOURFOLD EXEGESIS & TAROT
IX. THE TWENTY ONE TRIUMPHS
X. THE FOUR SUITS OF VIRTUE

Printed: 107 pages, 6.00" x 9.00"
(perfect binding, black and white, interior ink)
Publisher: Renaissance Astrology Click On
Copyright: © 2006
Language: English
Edition: First

Attachments

• FORTUNA'S WHEEL by Nigel Jackson.jpg
    FORTUNA'S WHEEL by Nigel Jackson.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 213

Scion

I've been curious about this book, but haven't seen much about it in any of the threads here at AT or elsewhere. Has anyone taken a look at it for any length of time?

Scion

Fulgour

nigromancer700

Auteur? :) Auteur!

nigromancer700

Fortuna's Wheel by Nigel Jackson

Hello Fulgour!

'Fortuna's Wheel' is at 100 pages actually more like an illustrated monograph, featuring a set of new Major Arcana images which I designed and is an exercise in symbolic exegesis of tarot images along medieval lines, via Biblical, Stoic and Platonist interpretations.

Best,
Nigel

Fulgour

Happy Shopper

Surprisingly (or not, really) I was searching the web for images
by "Nigel Jackson" when all the links to "Renaissance Astrology"
prompted me to pay an extended visit (once again) to that site.

The new book came as a real surprise! And a little investigation
has led to my being able to purchase it myself with great ease.

All one needs do is follow the link on the page at Renaissance
Astrology where it says Click On to "Order" for information...
and the final decision to buy or not comes much later along~
I reviewed my options, made my choices, and I'm very happy.

If you scroll down and click where it says "Order" you'll see
what I mean~ there is much more information beyond this:

http://www.renaissanceastrology.com/nigeljacksontalisman.html

Fulgour

My copy arrived yesterday! And it was packed very well,
custom book box with foam protection~four sheets of it.

More later, but for now: Hooray! :laugh:

Scion

I just ordered a copy as well. I've been reading the Picatrix and the Islamic astrologers, and I know Jackson's thoughts tend in that direction. Can't wait to get ahold of this one.

Scion

le pendu

The book looks fascinating. I'm ordering a copy.

Scion

Hello Nigel!

I just finished your co-authored Pillars of Tubal Cain while researching a project. I found it genuinely compelling, if occasionally murky: long on fascinating poetic logic and short on academic citation... a book to be taken as a persuasive statement as opposed to an argument.

I'm very curious to see your take on Tarot (outside of the context of a deck companion book). Based on the renaissanceastrology.com description of this book I'm guessing Fortuna's Wheel will follow the same "educated reverie" model that makes room for meaty speculation: more Robert Graves than Decker and Dummett. I'm excited to see how your study of Picatrix and Harran (and the Lumiel thesis) has impacted your recent thoughts on Tarot.

I'd love to discuss this book further when a few of us have gotten a chance to absorb it.

Scion

le pendu

I'm very interested in seeing the artwork, and seeing the choices he made when creating the images. I hope this is discussed in the book.

I expect that even if some of the ideas presented aren't as historically practical as the work of someone like Dummett, that they will at least lead to a contemplation of interconnected possibilites.

It looks like it will be fun and visually interesting. I like his other works.