LS Pagan Tarot - The Empress

Anerin

I think the girl, young woman and older woman represent 3 faces of Goddess and thus refer to durable cycles of life. For me grey colour in this deck stands for the strongest connection with reality whether it's active or passive (look at the Magician, for example). In this sense the Trio members are: the one who stands for water element and memory, subconsciousness (the girl), the one who symbolizes earth element and thus life, abundance, growth and life cycles (the older woman) and the one who is between them both and at the same time is connected to reality more than the other two. The card tells us about balance between this two particular elements in our daily life.
All the image suggests harmony, beauty and the exterior expression of inner qualities.
Furthermore, the image tells us about raising, cultivation something with your own hands and, through this, about patience and necessity of certain degree of care, nursing, attention (overwatering the flower is just as bad as not watering it at all).

back to index

annik

I like the idea of gardening related to the Empress. I feel it put more action in the card. It put some practicality that is not found in other empress cards.

Anerin

I think most of the principles seen in this deck are there in RWS, for example, but are not so obvious and clear. But yes, due to the deck's down-to-earth imagery (in a good sense) the card's meanings look more practical to me, too.

sharpchick

I think in the context of growth, this card also speaks of being aware of the cycles of our lives, both mundane and spiritual - that things occur in their own time and to get a good harvest, we must nurture the aspects of each portion of the cycle. You don't get to skip around and pick and choose. . .

Dreamsilver

Empress in Pagan Tarot
Having communicated with devoted all of us it is is more often recollected this meeting and us pulls to them. But at us is native and close to which we too are necessary. The card of a choice will drop out later for now, helping mother and the daughter in a garden, we think of Magic. And the magic природи, Elements of the Earth shrouds us. It around, in each leaflet, everyone кустике посаженом us. We not simply put plants, we spend ritual, Ritual connected with elements of the ground. For all around of us already breathes Magic, all world магичен. We wait, as house will understand and will support us, but are not present, it our world is not clear yet, and our future choice is not clear. And we have already made it, have made неосознанно, but have made. The magic always will be in our life the hidden assistant. We want, that runaways which we put have grown in greater ратения and have started to fructify. And it will be magic plants because the idea is material, and we put them with an idea on Magic. We create around of ourselves aura of love and understanding for everything, first of all probably for relatives, in fact we understand, that hour when they should reconcile and accept that we live, a little in другомм the world, the world in which there are other laws, Laws of Magic will come.
On this card we выидим three ипостаси the Moon, the Triune Goddess of the Moon, 3 its phases. Ребенок-the Moon arising-артемида, adult женщина-the Moon full-деметра. Elderly женщина-the Moon decreasing-геката. All has cycles in the nature, all is cyclic.....