Which crystal for a present?

amysquie

Hi there, I recently had a 'quick' tarot reading at a tarot party and I wanted to know whether my Mum was going to be okay in the future because she's had a lot of problems in her life so far. I got the Magician card and the reader said that her future would be whatever I wished for her (obviously she said more than that but that's the long and short of it). At first I thought 'that's great coz I only wish good things for her' but then I thought I would literally make some good wishes for her to cement them, as it were.

Anyway I was thinking of doing a spell and infusing a crystal with a tarot archetype and good wishes for her, to give to her for Christmas. I particularly like some heart-shaped ones I've seen. Can anyone suggest the right crystal for this purpose? She has manic depression and has been very unlucky in love so something for those and to bring love to her would be good. Obviously no one stone could do that (I think) but I can infuse it with whatever's missing.

I was thinking of red jasper because it is supposed to remind us that we are not alone on the physical plane, and the same for poppy jasper which also relieves feelings of guilt (which she has). I have heard jaspers work over long periods of time which would also be good for my purpose. There are some lovely ones here. But what would you guys suggest?

Thanks in advance for all your help and blessings too

Amy

cheekyminx

Have a look at Agate, especially Moss Agate, Amber, Calcite, Citrine, Jade (hmmm something tells me this one you should really look into)....there are a few more I could mention, but have a look at those on the net. Though I feel Blue or Lavendar Jade and Red Jasper would be a nice combination for her. Maybe buy her a bracelet, a combination of the stones I've mentioned? Or you can buy say 3 different types? This way she can wear them everyday and not have to worry about carrying a stone with her. But the heart shaped crystals are lovely.

Good luck!

MCsea

I am on an ocean jasper HIGH at the moment, I find its just so - hmm OCEAN! it has amazing colours too, but dont know how easy it is to get heart shaped.

I think blue lace agate is lovely and that Magno- calcite is awesome too..

I am sure you will find the right combination for your mum,

blessings

MARINA

sharpchick

For someone with depression, I'd suggest smoky quartz.

Netzach

I'd suggest some rose quartz. It's very pretty, inexpensive (so you can buy a larger piece than of some of the more pricey ones) and it's all to do with love and security.

chrisam-crystals

if you use a clear quartz crystal then you can program it to do whatever you want it to do. ;)

just a hint for you with regards to helping people with depression.....if you use stones which are indicated for working with the heart and emotions - such as rose quartz - then be aware that strong emotions and memories can rise to the surface and make the person feel worse.

this happens so that the person can work through it and come out the other side - however it can also swing the other way. :(

jue xx

sharpchick

The reason I did not suggest clear quartz is because it magnifies/intensifies everything - and since the person has depression (and it sounds like little experience with stones and their various uses), I suggested smoky quartz. It's also a very pretty stone.

chrisam-crystals

yes it is, sharpy.

but the immense beauty of this crystal is that is can be told to do something specific, which is excellent if a certain type of crystal is unavailable.

jue xx

amysquie

Thank you all

It's a tricky one I know, so thanks so much guys for all your help. If anyone else wants to add anything feel free. I will have a look around at the stones you have suggested and how they work (particularly the quartz ones), but also see which ones I think my Mum would like. Can anyone comment on the jaspers?

With regards to the depression and her being an emotional person, I feel she needs something to keep her on an even keel and positive rather give her more mood swings. Then again I feel she has worked on a lot of issues from her past so there's no particular worries there. It's just that with bipolar disorder there's no cure and no reason for being depressed - it's continual ups and downs.

The bracelet suggestion is a great idea, if anyone knows where I can get mixed crystal ones (probably a custom place) I'd be very grateful.

Sorry for all the questions but obviously I want to get this right and find her the perfect present!

Blessings,

Amy

MCsea

amysquie
A dear friend of mine who I know has suffered depression said the Jasper was to 'hard' for her, she needed more 'flexibility'... her words.. this was 'red' jasper she gave me a piece from the same store and it was very strenghtening for me (I dont have depression but many difficult health challenges - opportunities for growth I should say).

blessings

MARINA