What makes someone a "plutonic"...

MareSaturni

..or "uranian", "neptunian" etc. person?

Is that the number of aspects (like, pluto in aspect with many planets/houses - more than any other planet in the natal chart - makes someone 'plutonic')? Or is it the position of the planet? Or any other reason?

Thanks in advance!

~YUKO

sweet_intuition

Hey Miss Yuko

Well, I'm not exactly sure about one specific thing that makes a person "plutonian" or "uranian", "neptunian" etc etc... but what I feel is basically, people who exhibit such strong planetary vibrations is due to the strength, position, and over all vibrations of the planet in one's solar chart. Example: A person with let's say, A libra rising, has Venus aspecting more than 3 planets, placed in the same house as a luminary (sun and moon) etc etc... such a person would be a Venusian.

As a humourous take on planetary qualities, here are some quotes:

1. Solar person (Strong Sun): "They need to adore me, so Christian Dior me, from my head to my toe, I need to be dazzling" (From the soundtrack of EVITA)

2. Martian Person (Strong Mars): "Hit me with your best shot!"

3. Venusian Person (Strong Venus): "I feel pretty, oh so pretty!"

4. Jupiterian Person (Strong Jupiter): "Don't rain on my parade"

MareSaturni

Thank you sweet_intuition, that's exactly what i wanted to know.

Is it possible for someone who is, let's say, Libra to be a 'Uranian' person? Even is the planet of the sun sign isn't Uranus?

I didn't know the thing about the lumniary (sun & moon). Thanks for that!

What a 'plutonic' person would say? ;)

~YUKO

Gemini Rising

I would say it is possible for somebody to exhibit strong vibrations of a particular planet if it had enough aspects to it. Either that, or if it's conjunct the ascendant, midheaven, or other special degrees I still don't know the significance of.

I noticed there is one planet you didn't mention...Mercury! Out of all the planets in my chart, Mercury is possibly the strongest. It's Conjunct my Sun, with less than a 1 degree orb so it shares all of its aspects, AND I have Gemini Rising. Needless to say, I consider myself a very intellectual person.

So what's the word for me...Mercurial? Quicksilver?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/una_anima/natalchart.jpg

~Nicky

MareSaturni

Gemini Rising said:
I would say it is possible for somebody to exhibit strong vibrations of a particular planet if it had enough aspects to it. Either that, or if it's conjunct the ascendant, midheaven, or other special degrees I still don't know the significance of.

Well, Uranus has 7 aspects in my natal chart:
Trine Uranus - Midheaven
Trine Uranus - X House
Square Uranus - S. Node
Square Uranus - N. Node
Conjunction Uranus - Saturn
Trine Uranus - Jupiter
Trine Uranus - Moon

Does that make me an "Uranian". Total scary!!!!
Here's my Natal Chart: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/frengers/missyuko.gif

Gemini Rising said:
I noticed there is one planet you didn't mention...Mercury! Out of all the planets in my chart, Mercury is possibly the strongest. It's Conjunct my Sun, with less than a 1 degree orb so it shares all of its aspects, AND I have Gemini Rising. Needless to say, I consider myself a very intellectual person.

So what's the word for me...Mercurial? Quicksilver?

I guess Mercury is a great planet. Very charming ;)
Guess that makes you a...Mercurian, yeah. Quicksilver, LOL :D :D :D

~YUKO

Gemini Rising

...AND to add to that, Uranus is literally sitting on the Galactic Center...I believe when a conjunction is less than 1 degree it's called "combust" or something like that...

Still don't know what significance the Galactic Center has in a chart, but it sounds cool, doesn't it? :D

Hehe, I suppose out of all the planets, Mercury is my favorite, for obvious reasons...but I don't like it in retrograde. During Mercury Retrogrades every single thing I say comes out wrong, I can never convey what I really mean to, and I'm tongue-tied constantly...which isn't good for me, considering I'm starring in 3 plays right now. And oddly enough, whenever something that makes sense DOES come out of my mouth, it's in rhyme...it's actually starting to weird a few people out. I wonder if this rhyming-thing happens to anyone else during Mercury Rx...

MareSaturni

Gemini Rising said:
...AND to add to that, Uranus is literally sitting on the Galactic Center...I believe when a conjunction is less than 1 degree it's called "combust" or something like that...

Still don't know what significance the Galactic Center has in a chart, but it sounds cool, doesn't it? :D

What is a Galactic Center? Where is it? :O
Oh, i found some links:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/dictionary/galactic-center.php
http://www.horary.com/hhcrl/galact.html

I wonder what it means to have Uranus more or less on the Galactic center.

Gemini Rising said:
Hehe, I suppose out of all the planets, Mercury is my favorite, for obvious reasons...but I don't like it in retrograde. During Mercury Retrogrades every single thing I say comes out wrong, I can never convey what

What can i say...Mercury Retrograde ain't good. I'm a Journalism student and when Mercury Rx shows up (like now...it's retrograde, isn't it?) i have a hard time writing. Hey...i'm a communication (wanna be) professional! And the words simply don't...come out. I have many works i have started, but cannot do any of them because my mind goes blank when i wish to write ¬¬

Thank goodness Mercury will resume normal motion on November 17th, because i'm going to travel on November 22nd and since it's a place i've never been to before, it's no good to travel while Mr. Marcury is dancing backwards!

~YUKO

leephd

Combust?

Gemini Rising said:

The word "combust" applies to conjunctions wth the Sun and only with the Sun. The orb is 7.5-8 degrees, depending on source. The astronomical explanation is that all planets are invisible when they are that close to the Sun.

Considering that the galactic center is invisible, the term would be anything but apt. And it's perhaps worth considering that interest in the galactic center itself is pretty new, and that means that its definition and importance are probably in flux.

Gemini Rising

miss_yuko What can i say...Mercury Retrograde ain't good. I'm a Journalism student and when Mercury Rx shows up (like now...it's retrograde said:
Exactly how I feel! As for travel, the first couple days Mercury went into retrograde, there were severe accidents on my road, which is actually a highway. 3 of them, all fatal. It was terrible!

Meanwhile, all of my friends are finally beginning to lend some credence to my astrology obsession because the moment I announced Mercury's retrograde, all of our precious cell phones became useless...and I just got a brand new one.

Don't tell my parents, but I'm actually waiting until Mercury is going forward again to get my learner's permit...shhhh!

~Nicky

Gemini Rising

Darn quotes...my computer doesn't like me lately...

BLAME IT ALL ON MERCURY RETROGRADE!!!!

Oh, and about the Galactic Center...I really have no clue what it's about, but it sounds important, at least nominally!

As for combust--sorry, I wasn't sure what it meant in the first place. Now I know!