Sets of additional symbols put onto the cards

*ariadne*

Hi! Sorry I don't have any links off the top of my head but

The four Kabbalistic worlds are called atziluth, briah, yetzirah and assiah (with some spelling variations)...and the 22 paths (that correspond with the 22 hebrew letters) connect the ten sefirot on the tree of life. I bet if you searched the main forum with these terms you would find lots of info....in fact if you just browse the "kaballah & alphabets" forum I bet it's all there waiting for you

^^ have fun getting lost here

thinbuddha

I can't reccomend any specific links, but if you troll around in the "Kaballa and Alphabets" threads, I'm sure you will find loads of information.

Duke Serkol

Apologies for resurrecting my thread, but I'm almost done with my signs research and need to ask just one more question before I can start making my own deck:

I know Trumps can be associated (in various ways) to elements. What about seasons? Are Trump cards associated to those too?
Or are seasons usually associated to elements, making this a moot point (as each card associated with fire would automatically be associated to summer and so on)?

I realize that, of course, there are different takes on this, I'd just like to know the most common ones.

Fulgour

Usually suits will follow either Cardinal or Fixed signs,
so Aries would be Fire and Wands, for The Queen...
and Spring would be Fire if you went that way, etc.
If you go with Leo and Summer~ then it's that way.

I like:

Wands Spring Fire
Cups Summer Water
Swords Autumn Air
Coins Winter Earth

Duke Serkol

Thank you, but I was asking about Trumps. Suits associationsare easy enough besides the interchangeable swords/wands dilemma ;)

Fulgour

Attachments

• EXALTATION Tarot and Zodiac.JPG
    EXALTATION Tarot and Zodiac.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 63

Duke Serkol

That's pretty impressive!

It's mostly about Astrology and (3?) elements though, isn't it? Or is this one of those cases in which seasons are inequivocally associated to elements and elements to zodiac signs? (And planets?)

Duke Serkol

That clears it up. Thanks!

Fulgour

You're very welcome! I have become very happy
with my "Elemental Dignities" because they have
a basis in understandable clarity, rather than the
more usual kabbalah and-or astrology guesswork.

The Moon is exalted in Taurus and Taurus is Earth
so for me, as a starting point, the Moon is Earth...
most people would say right away that it's Water,
but this is deeper stuff, and the Earth is very wet.