The Lion, Witch and Wardrobe Spread

lionsdentamer

One of my favorite books is the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and I thought of coming up with a spread based upon the book.

Here it is
1. Lucy -- Your frame of mind at the beginning of the journey
2. The Mansion -- Where are you now?
3. Lamp Post -- What greets you as you first begin?
4. The Wardrobe -- The doorway from the Present into the future
5. The Professor -- What do you need to learn or who do you need to learn from?
6. The Beavers -- Who or what will help you along the way?
7. Edmund -- Who do you need to forgive in order to move forward?
8. The White Witch -- Obstacles along the way
9. Tumnus -- What isn't as it seems?
10. The Christmas Gifts -- Talents that can be used along the way
11 Aslan -- What your higher power is telling you?
12. Battle Field -- A choice that has to be made
13. Our White Stag -- What do you want to capture but eludes you?
14. Cair Paravel -- The Final Outcome

2*3*4*5*6*7
**1***14***
8*9*10111213

It could look something like this...
what do you think?

Peace,
Daniel

Gayla

Love it....:) I wonder if there is a Narnia deck...:)

Shall we try it?

It's a long spread, but I bet it would be a good reading.

Emily

I think it looks a really interesting spread - Copied it to my journal and can't wait to try it. :)

CrimsonSoul

It seems quite an interesting spread although I would like to see it slightly modified to allow all four of the children a role. Having only two of them represented seems somewhat askew to me.

BTW, I wished I could show you my personal Narnia Tarot deck - the movie is so resplendent of Tarot symbolism that I could not help but choose 78 images to make a deck. Unfortunately, copyright prevents me from posting the deck here, but I'll do descriptions some time soon so that you can imagine my choices.

Akatala

Great spread. A few of the answers I got came out a bit weak, but maybe that was just me.

I do agree, though, that it should be modified to fit all four of the children instead of just the two.

lionsdentamer

Regarding my spread

Thanks for the critique that I receive I may just do a spread based on the four children... the spread was getting quite long and immediately I couldn't think of characteristics to assign to Susan and Peter... I will... but that will be for a Chronicles of Narnia spread... not just based on this book... stay tuned!

Arania

Great spread, I'll try it out.

Crimson Soul has just completed his Narnia Tarot, but due to copyright reasons he cannot post it. I'm sure he'd love to share it though if you msg him. I love it.

Orion

:)

Love it! Definately one I need to try out! Thanks for sharing!

maraeva

It's really curious spread! I've traslated it into Russian and posted in LJ community tarot_spreads. Thanks!

ninja_dinosaur

hey! im defiantly loving the spread but when i went to you do it i had to stop, i dont understand what you mean by "doorway from the past to present" could you please explain it to me better so i can do the spread. thanks so much.